What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I don't get FCS on Dish, so I'll have to listen....

For those on DirecTV, the KSU-CU game is now listed on channel 617. They apparently anticipate it going into 48 overtimes as well as they have it's running time at 6 hours. Guess I don't have to worry about the DVR cutting it off.

Does anybody know why with DirecTV (and the sports package) that I sometimes get FCS and Sometimes do not?

I will try to find and post a link to a stream of the game online if I find one - but since it is two 'poor' teams, it might be hard to find one.

Bookmark this site, if a sporting event is on TV, this site will give you the link to the stream

atdhe.net

I use it daily during the NBA season and on Saturdays and Sundays during the fall, I have 2-3 games up at once. Great site!

Because I think DTV only has it when there are live events on FCS.
I realize that sometimes it is has upcoming: team vs team...but sometimes when a game is actually on there I don't get it. Like, for example, I recorded the Wyo game and it was just gray.

Does anybody know why with DirecTV (and the sports package) that I sometimes get FCS and Sometimes do not?

Because sometimes you pay your Directv bill and sometimes you don't?? :cool:

I can't really answer that one. The number of times I've wanted to watch something on there other than the Buffs has been really minimal. And I wasn't home for Wyo, so I'm not sure if I got it or not... :huh:

Okay, similar challenge here. My brother-in-law is sponsoring my slingbox. He's got Dish network and also buys the Fox College Football package.

He moved yesterday, so the slingbox is down, but it just popped back up (God bless him--he didn't waste any time).

I assumed that I'd get FCS because of the football package. However, nothing is showing up for channel 617 when I tried to DVR the game.

All of the Fox Sports channels appear to be showing the Iowa State game.

I know this is essentially the topic of this thread, and the answers should be imbedded within, but they're not jumping out at me. ~

Help!

Because sometimes you pay your Directv bill and sometimes you don't?? :cool:

I can't really answer that one. The number of times I've wanted to watch something on there other than the Buffs has been really minimal. And I wasn't home for Wyo, so I'm not sure if I got it or not... :huh:

I appreciate your eagerness to assist...but yes, I pay the bill. All of the other channels work fine and FCS works some of the time. It will say that a game is on per the guide and when i switch to it I get either a gray screen, a direct TV logo with music, or (in rare cases) the game advertised.

I don't get FCS until there's a game on it. As soon as the game starts, the channel works. Until then, I get a message saying I don't subscribe to the channel.

PigDog -

I Don't know where you live, but you can always go to a sports bar that has 20+ TV's. It's bound to be broadcast on at least one of them. Old Chicago, Buffalo Wild Wings, one of those kind of places should have it on.

unfortunately, I live 70 miles from yellowstone. I only see montana and montana state. I've had to watch my share of Bobby Hauck over the years.

unfortunately, I live 70 miles from yellowstone. I only see montana and montana state. I've had to watch my share of Bobby Hauck over the years.

As Sho said, atdhe.net will you hook up. Watching online is better than not watching at all!!!:thumbsup:

I don't get FCS until there's a game on it. As soon as the game starts, the channel works. Until then, I get a message saying I don't subscribe to the channel.

:yeahthat:

Don't know that what's up with the channel and why DTV viewers don't get it unless its live events.. I wouldn't watch it anyway so its no big deal to me..

Last edited:
Okay, similar challenge here. My brother-in-law is sponsoring my slingbox. He's got Dish network and also buys the Fox College Football package.

He moved yesterday, so the slingbox is down, but it just popped back up (God bless him--he didn't waste any time).

I assumed that I'd get FCS because of the football package. However, nothing is showing up for channel 617 when I tried to DVR the game.

All of the Fox Sports channels appear to be showing the Iowa State game.

I know this is essentially the topic of this thread, and the answers should be imbedded within, but they're not jumping out at me. ~

Help!

Direct TV its on 617.. According to buffaholic Dish Network doesn't carry FCS. I wouldn't know if they do or not..

U should be able to get a live stream online(justin tv) and hook it up to your TV and watch the game. :thumbsup:

Direct TV its on 617.. According to buffaholic Dish Network doesn't carry FCS. I wouldn't know if they do or not..

U should be able to get a live stream online(justin tv) and hook it up to your TV and watch the game. :thumbsup:

There's my confusion. I didn't really note the difference between Direct TV and Dish Network. I just assumed it was the same thing.

There's my confusion. I didn't really note the difference between Direct TV and Dish Network. I just assumed it was the same thing.

Yeah, they are two competing satellite companies.. There isn't a huge difference except that Direct TV is the sole provider for the NFL sunday ticket package.. I've heard good things about Dish TV but if you are an NFL fan and don't just want to see the lame local games you get every week, you have to have Direct TV

Yeah, they are two competing satellite companies.. There isn't a huge difference except that Direct TV is the sole provider for the NFL sunday ticket package.. I've heard good things about Dish TV but if you are an NFL fan and don't just want to see the lame local games you get every week, you have to have Direct TV

Got it. Thanks!

Except....NFL Redzone kicks butt. For $5/month, it is terrific. The network bounces from game to game, and shows every TD scored. Check it out if you don't want to pay the multi-hundreds for Direct's NFL package.

If you have DirecTv go to channel 617

sadly, i've just got basic cable (which i get free living in CU's faculty/staff apartments).....but, i only watch sports on TV and with ESPN360 i do OK for football and hoops during the year (minus games like today).

sadly, i've just got basic cable (which i get free living in CU's faculty/staff apartments).....but, i only watch sports on TV and with ESPN360 i do OK for football and hoops during the year (minus games like today).

When i was at CU, they had that channel that showed specific CU related stuff like that field over by Folsom and I think there was a health channel or something too. I am thinking it is an outrage that they can't pump the game into the dorms and the rest of Campus TV. But then again, I am from that camp that thinks any CU game should be broadcasted on the CU website for free. Afterall, this isn't pro sports and these kids don't get paid to do this... Right NCAA?

Looking for the game online now - MAY have a link prior to the game, but i don't have total hope.

Back