What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I dont think its over yet

Sports Center reported last night that the NU game is a play-in game. I dont understand hows thats possible. But I will take any shot we have.
Utterbuffluv-And to further back up my point after all the losing tonight CU is still second on Lunardi's first four out and nebraska is fourth. Said to be a possible play-in-game

Saw that :thumbsup:

Bah - A real tournament team doesn't sh*t the bed against ISU when everything is on the line like it was last night. Pathetic performance from a team I had grown to expect much more from. I know the Big 12 is deep and everybody can beat everybody else, especially at home. However, that game should have been ours. ISU isn't playing for anything and we're playing for everything. Awful.

I'm not even sure about beating NU at home on Saturday. I hope we do, but I don't have a lot of confidence right now.

as far as matchups in the tournament go....i think we want South teams and not MU, KSU, or ISU. maybe NU, since this a "pretty good" NU team. the tourney is in Kansas City and MU and KSU will be well attended as usual and ISU generally travels well to KC. teams like OSU, OU, Tech, and ATM are likely to sit this one out....for the travel. OSU, OU and Tech because they aren't very good....and ATM fans will be saving their travel moneys for the NCAA rather than haul up to KC from south Texas. historically, KSU, KU, and MU have had TREMENDOUS home floor advantages in KC.

just playin' all the angles here.

Last edited:
you know...I agree that it's not over, even it doesn't look good per se. If Baylor or CU does better will be the determining factor. If we beat NU and a few Big 12 tourney games, we have a real good shot, but even then, we're still on the bubble.

If Baylor or CU does better will be the determining factor..

looks that way, huh? even though we win "the Big Picture", i'd hate this to be the year we were Baylor's bitch on the field/court....given Starr's public humiliation of himself and his nasty, inaccurate, and provincial treatment of CU as an institution in the press.

If everything goes as planned we would play Iowa state in the first round and K state in the second round. If we win both of those i thinks its hard to keep us out, a three game sweep of a tourney team, on top of our other key wins will have to stand out big time to the committee.

3 wins gets us in. Beat Neb, win opening round game, win second round.

It will, I'm positive of it. Now hope we're the 6 seed because that's the only way this is happening. This team can beat OU and aTm. This team absolutely will not beat a KSU/Mizzou in hostile territory

Baylor beating Texas would be bad news for sure. If Baylor ends the season with A&M being their only top 50 win, they have an even worse argument to make than our own. Still hope we get the 6 through Mizzou winning - speaking of a team that is great at home and terrible away.

Everyone talks about CU's bad losses - but what about Baylor's? ISU, OU, swept by TT. That's worse than CU...

so if we beat nebraska and Baylor loses, we are the #6 seed right and will play Oklahoma in the tourney, or am I missing something. Who owns the tie-breaker between us and Mizzou?

so if we beat nebraska and Baylor loses, we are the #6 seed right and will play Oklahoma in the tourney, or am I missing something. Who owns the tie-breaker between us and Mizzou?

And mizzou beats texas, then yes we are the 6 and play oklahoma and then A&M if we win

Yes sorry. If we are both 8-8 we hold the tie breaker and then we get the 5 seed.

wow it looks like the tiebreaker formula is pretty complex:

Tiebreakers - The first criteria in the breaking of ties in the standings shall be head-to-head competition of tied teams. The following procedure will be used to establish the championship seeds if ties exist. (For tiebreaking procedures teams will be grouped in two divisions based upon established guidelines. Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri and Nebraska are in one division and Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M and Texas Tech are in the other division.)
(a) If two teams are tied and they are from different divisions, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the higher seed.
(b) If two teams are tied and they are from the same division, the team with an advantage in head-to-head competition shall be the higher seed.
(c) If two teams remain tied, there will be a comparison of overall record against division teams only (10 divisional games).
(d) If two teams remain tied, there will be a comparison of record against the highest ranked team(s) (based upon Conference winning percentage) in the division and proceeding through in order of divisional record.
(e) If two teams remain tied, there will be a *comparison of record against the highest ranked team(s) (based upon Conference winning percentage) in the opposite division and proceeding through in order of divisional record.
(f) If two teams remain tied, the higher seed will be chosen by draw.
(g) If three or more teams are tied, ties among divisional opponents will be broken first by using steps (b) through (f) and the head-to-head results will be used to break ties between non-divisional teams. When three or more teams from the same division are tied step (b) will consist of a mini- round robin among the tied teams. At any point during the process of breaking ties among three or more teams that the number of tied teams are reduced to two, head-to-head competition would be used as the primary tie-breaker, followed-by steps (c) through (f). Once a team is eliminated from a multi-team comparison, it is dropped from further comparisons.
(b) If two teams are tied and they are from the same division, the team with an advantage in head-to-head competition shall be the higher seed.
tied at one win a piece

(c) If two teams remain tied, there will be a comparison of overall record against division teams only (10 divisional games).
if both of the teams win
Colorado will be 5-5
Mizzou will be 5-5

(d) If two teams remain tied, there will be a comparison of record against the highest ranked team(s) (based upon Conference winning percentage) in the division and proceeding through in order of divisional record.
This is where I think we clinch it due our win(s) against KSU and versus Texas

wow it looks like the tiebreaker formula is pretty complex:

tied at one win a piece

if both of the teams win
Colorado will be 5-5
Mizzou will be 5-5

This is where I think we clinch it due our win(s) against KSU and versus Texas

Yeah someone showed that in another thread i think. But we all agree that the 6 seed has an easier path. Either way there is one thing that is important WINNING!

I'm a little pessimistic today and decided to take a look at what happens if we don't win. Odds are we'd be the 8th seed. We own the head to head tiebreaker against OKState who's in 9th.

Nebraska would move up, and even if Baylor also lost, we lose the head to head tiebreaker with them. So 8th is pretty set.

We'd have to play OKState in the first round, and most likely Kansas in the second. Ouch

Hey CU, let's win on Saturday.....

We gotta win on Saturday and it's our last game against the Corn in a major sport...I want to have the last laugh since we didn't beat them in Lincoln in FB and MBB.

Since they are big and physical, they can become gassed in the second half on Saturday and let Burks loose.

It's over.

Was it over when we were losing to michigan with 6 seconds left on our own 36 yard line?

Was it over when K state intercepted our inbounds pass with 2.6 seconds left up by 2 in the 2003 big 12 quarter final?

They certainly did it the hard way.....definitely helped that a lot of other teams choked on the big one, but great feeling right now

I blame Dan Hawkins for teaching me how to give up :smile2:

It will, I'm positive of it. Now hope we're the 6 seed because that's the only way this is happening. This team can beat OU and aTm. This team absolutely will not beat a KSU/Mizzou in hostile territory

I'll happily eat my crow on saying the Buffs couldn't beat KSU in hostile territory for win #3!! I didn't think it was over after the ISU loss in Ames, but I thought the Buffs were in a bad spot in needing to win three straight after that. I definitely thought aTm would be the better draw for the Buffs than KSU for the third time in their backyard.

Back