What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I found the job for Gary B.

gb is a great coach....he got ****ed here because no one had the balls to stand by him. Kinda sad. He could always do more with less. He did it at NW and here.

He could do more with less because he couldn't recruit his way out of a wet paper bag. No speed at the skill positions, period. That's why the cupboard was so bare when Hawk took over.

Yes I do know what he is thinking. He is thinking with a little more experience on the OL and a couple more top recruits we will challenge for the nc in a couple years.
He is not a liar....he is being PC. Make no mistake about it...he is there to win football games, academics plays no part in his job, other than to keep his players on the field.
If it really mattered he would only sign straight "A" players.

I respect your opinion but this is totally where you lose me. And if football was the only thing he cared about, why would he read a couple books a week that have nothing to do with football and everything about life. He tries to instill these values in his players

HE WON, so how bad was he?

I never said he couldn't coach. I still don't know how he won the Big XII in 2001 or even the North four times with the lack of speed on those teams. He just didn't recruit the quality athletes you need (and that Hawk is getting) to get where the Buffs want to go.

I never said he couldn't coach. I still don't know how he won the Big XII in 2001 or even the North four times with the lack of speed on those teams. He just didn't recruit the quality athletes you need (and that Hawk is getting) to get where the Buffs want to go.
I totally agree, He can really coach...but he needed to because of the lack of recruiting. I think the best example of this is what he did at NW.:smile2:

He COULD coach...Northwestern how ever many years ago. The game passed him by....that is why nobody is calling him now...

I agree with DallasBuff...the game kind of passed him by. I mean, he had the skills to coach the Buffs in a down Big 12 North Division, but whenever we played somebody big out of conference we would get smacked under Barnett. He never game planned for obvious flaws in our talent. The Miami game in 05' was a classic example. A game plan would have won us that game and a lot of respect.

I do respect his passion for Colorado football and the fact that he rarely bashes the program that ended his coaching career...up to this point.

Barnett - good coach, I suppose. Nearly had us in the MNC in 2002. Terrible recruiter and a d-bag of a person. GO HAWK!

Barnett, left to his own devices, would have destroyed this program. I always thought he was a good game day coach and got a raw deal especially with the Denver Post and Rick Reilly, but for the good of the team (not to mention the 3 million he walked away with) good riddance.

Why the dislike TBD? Just curious.

GB is an egocentric jerk who cares nothing for his players. GB is about one thing and one thing only.....GB. There may be a handful of players that respect him but my alltime favorite buff will tell you he would never let his kid play for GB.

GB is an egocentric jerk who cares nothing for his players. GB is about one thing and one thing only.....GB. There may be a handful of players that respect him but my alltime favorite buff will tell you he would never let his kid play for GB.

I've got 3 friends who played with your fav who echo the sentiment. One went so far as to suggest that the Texas CCG was a sabotage by a small group of seniors. GB is very loyal to his friends from what I hear.

wow.

One went so far as to suggest that the Texas CCG was a sabotage by a small group of seniors.
If this is true.... They should be banned for life from CU .The school comes first and so does their team. If it is true it is total bull**** and makes me sick
:puke:

I was looking for Lovett. You seen him? :lol:

Had to stay away from NB for a bit - I found myself agreeing w/ hooli too much yesterday! LOL :thumbsup:

The Lovett thing cracks me up...:lol:

I saw you and Hooli cozying up yesterday, and I wondered if you evil twin had gotten your log in info.

I have to admit I still like trolling and posting over at the "other site", it's compelling, sort of like a car wreck.

The Lovett thing cracks me up...:lol:

I saw you and Hooli cozying up yesterday, and I wondered if you evil twin had gotten your log in info.

:doh:

I felt dirty. :lol:

Guy actually had a couple good points. Not sure what got into him (or me)....

I will still post in both places - too many imaginary friends Id leave behind if I were to stop posting there.

I've got 3 friends who played with your fav who echo the sentiment. One went so far as to suggest that the Texas CCG was a sabotage by a small group of seniors. GB is very loyal to his friends from what I hear.

I heard something similar about the 2001 Fiesta Bowl.

There's your triple wow Leftybuff. :smile2:

I might buy into the 2005 CCG conspiracy stuff, but not the 2001 Fiesta Bowl. That was a game where if we had won, and *ebraska had somehow figured out a way to beat Miami, we could have shared the MNC. No way in hell do we purposely blow that game. Harrington flat-out torched us that day and our weakness then (as it is now) was pass defense.

I might buy into the 2005 CCG conspiracy stuff, but not the 2001 Fiesta Bowl. That was a game where if we had won, and *ebraska had somehow figured out a way to beat Miami, we could have shared the MNC. No way in hell do we purposely blow that game. Harrington flat-out torched us that day and our weakness then (as it is now) was pass defense.

It wasn't that they purposely threw the game, more that they were just very lax and unfocused in preparing. According to my source, they partied and jerked around and goofed off the whole time in Phoenix, and among the players no one really cared because "nobody liked Barnett".

Of course, I don't think I'm breaking any ground here with stories about 2001 players partying and being places they probably shoudn't have been. :huh:

I'll go for the rare, difficult to obtain quadruple wow.

Supposedly, in the 1978 Orange Bowl, OU squared off against Arky. Arky had suspended three key offensive players, including Michael Forrest, their leading rusher, for the game. Arky was the heavy underdog, but pulled off a huge 31-6 upset.

The Arky FB, the legendary Roland Sales, yeah I'm sure you've heard of him, rushed for a O Bowl record 205 yards, seemingly shredding the OU D on the FB give.

The OU DC had, the story goes, just found out good ol' Barry S was dropping the hammer on the DC's wife. He told BS after the game he called exactly the wrong defense on purpose for any given Arky offensive set.

I guess they call that the screwing you get for the screwing you got.

Can a get a quadruple wow?

I'll go for the rare, difficult to obtain quadruple wow.

Supposedly, in the 1978 Orange Bowl, OU squared off against Arky. Arky had suspended three key offensive players, including Michael Forrest, their leading rusher, for the game. Arky was the heavy underdog, but pulled off a huge 31-6 upset.

The Arky FB, the legendary Roland Sales, yeah I'm sure you've heard of him, rushed for a O Bowl record 205 yards, seemingly shredding the OU D on the FB give.

The OU DC had, the story goes, just found out good ol' Barry S was dropping the hammer on the DC's wife. He told BS after the game he called exactly the wrong defense on purpose for any given Arky offensive set.

I guess they call that the screwing you get for the screwing you got.

Can a get a quadruple wow?

It was true that Switzer was knocking it out with Lacefield's wife - but never heard the rumor re: the Orange Bowl.

That's good stuff.

Too bad your favorite Buff didn't have a Dad as smart as he is.:wink2:

No, wait, if he did, then he couldn't have been a favorite Buff.....chicken and egg thing I guess.:smile2:

Back