What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I guess keeping players eligible isn't a "little thing"

I have an uncontrollable urge to post a Melisa Miller picture.

marisa_miller_199116g.jpg

It was either that, or repeat the suggestion that CSU should merge with CU and create a super-sized contender. Does anyone want to hear how awsome Lubbock is on game day?

Maybe Rino will lecture Snow about a real job is required to have a valid opinion.
And Snow can talk about how hypocritical Junction is.
And Junction can, I don't know, post for the sake of posting.
How are those Rockies doing, DBT?
Calling Boulder Buff. Please shut this down with a pithy one liner.
Has BCS wished AIDS on anyone today?
Hey Nik, Lefty told me to tell you, "God Bless"
More soccer threads please. You know who you are.
Come on, Gateway. It's time to fret about getting on an airplane, again.
Rugged is about due for a story about kicking a girl out on the morning after.
Liver and Boblowblaw - The Lakers or the Twins? Discuss.
Does anybody have any opinions about Kobe Bryant?
Fatty, you've got to be good for an off color joke.
Anybody got a pet that's dying?
**** you, 96.
Wally, finish this up with another story that ties together personal humiliation and poop (or self abuse).

The offseason is brutal.

i really hope we get cliff lee because our pitching staff is in shambles.

It's that, and the fact that Hawk is running around asking people "who likes cheating?" as if to imply that everybody who wins must be cheating, and because he's losing, that proves he's "doing it right". It's so obvious to me that the guy is just nothing more than a bullsh*t artist. As I said, I absolutely HATE getting bullsh*tted. It pisses me off no end. It's insulting to me - and it's hard to insult me. When I see a bullsh*t artist, I want to expose him at every opportunity. I don't write for the Post or the Camera or the Times Call, so my only forum is here.
It's not so much that I think he sucks. Hell, we ALL think he sucks. That's not up for debate. To use an example from politics - it's like when my congresswoman tries to tell me how great the healthcare bill is. I know for damn sure it's a piece of garbage. Don't insult me by telling me it's going to do all this wonderful stuff and solve all these problems. I know better. I'm not that damn stupid. And when somebody like Hawk tries to tell me that he's doing things the right way and that this thing is gonna pop and it's all about working on the little things, I just lose it. Don't tell me that. Tell me you recognize the problem and you have a plan for correcting it.

gah. OK. I'm done... for now.

You are so full of crap!

Sorry man, I was just bull****ting ya! :thumbsup:

This x 100000000000000000

it's like Timbuff and his hick comments or Slade mentioning OU in nearly every post or Syko wanting DTs. Too repetitive for my taste and lacks originality.

Damn, if we all had the posting skills of you and absinthe, get over yourselves.

I have an uncontrollable urge to post a Melisa Miller picture.

marisa_miller_199116g.jpg

It was either that, or repeat the suggestion that CSU should merge with CU and create a super-sized contender. Does anyone want to hear how awsome Lubbock is on game day?

Maybe Rino will lecture Snow about a real job is required to have a valid opinion.
How are those Rockies doing, DBT?
Calling Boulder Buff. Please shut this down with a pithy one liner.
Has BCS wished AIDS on anyone today?
Hey Nik, Lefty told me to tell you, "God Bless"
More soccer threads please. You know who you are.
Come on, Gateway. It's time to fret about getting on an airplane, again.
Rugged is about due for a story about kicking a girl out on the morning after.
Liver and Boblowblaw - The Lakers or the Twins? Discuss.
Does anybody have any opinions about Kobe Bryant?
Fatty, you've got to be good for an off color joke.
Anybody got a pet that's dying?
**** you, 96.
Wally, finish this up with another story that ties together personal humiliation and poop (or self abuse).

The offseason is brutal.

Post of the ****ing year.

It's that, and the fact that Hawk is running around asking people "who likes cheating?" as if to imply that everybody who wins must be cheating, and because he's losing, that proves he's "doing it right". It's so obvious to me that the guy is just nothing more than a bullsh*t artist. As I said, I absolutely HATE getting bullsh*tted. It pisses me off no end. It's insulting to me - and it's hard to insult me. When I see a bullsh*t artist, I want to expose him at every opportunity. I don't write for the Post or the Camera or the Times Call, so my only forum is here.
It's not so much that I think he sucks. Hell, we ALL think he sucks. That's not up for debate. To use an example from politics - it's like when my congresswoman tries to tell me how great the healthcare bill is. I know for damn sure it's a piece of garbage. Don't insult me by telling me it's going to do all this wonderful stuff and solve all these problems. I know better. I'm not that damn stupid. And when somebody like Hawk tries to tell me that he's doing things the right way and that this thing is gonna pop and it's all about working on the little things, I just lose it. Don't tell me that. Tell me you recognize the problem and you have a plan for correcting it.

gah. OK. I'm done... for now.

Great post.. :thumbsup:

it's that, and the fact that hawk is running around asking people "who likes cheating?" as if to imply that everybody who wins must be cheating, and because he's losing, that proves he's "doing it right". It's so obvious to me that the guy is just nothing more than a bullsh*t artist. As i said, i absolutely hate getting bullsh*tted. It pisses me off no end. It's insulting to me - and it's hard to insult me. When i see a bullsh*t artist, i want to expose him at every opportunity. I don't write for the post or the camera or the times call, so my only forum is here.
It's not so much that i think he sucks. Hell, we all think he sucks. That's not up for debate. To use an example from politics - it's like when my congresswoman tries to tell me how great the healthcare bill is. I know for damn sure it's a piece of garbage. Don't insult me by telling me it's going to do all this wonderful stuff and solve all these problems. I know better. I'm not that damn stupid. And when somebody like hawk tries to tell me that he's doing things the right way and that this thing is gonna pop and it's all about working on the little things, i just lose it. Don't tell me that. Tell me you recognize the problem and you have a plan for correcting it.

Gah. Ok. I'm done... For now.

hey sacky.......

xvdo5vjeme..jpg

When I first saw the report, I thought it was Sipili and flipped out. :lol:

Then I re-read it, saw that it was a walk on snapper who struggled in the spring and I expect to get beaten out in the fall by Ryan Iverson... and it became a big "meh" in my mind. 21-year olds do stupid stuff.

I wish they'd stop trying to sell it in the press that our football team is a bunch of choir boys. They're not. And I don't want them to be. Team GPA is up. Partially due to a major investment in academic support and partially due to emphasizing it. But as long as you've got a collection of 17-22 year old guys who are really good at a violent sport, you're going to have some problems. As long as we don't recruit felons (or take felon transfers), I could not care less. As long as I don't have to worry about a football player assaulting me or my family around Boulder, then I'm fine with the job our program is doing on the citizenship front.

(And, sacky, if I'm understanding you right - it's this b.s. hypocrisy of how they've tried to sell this that's pissing you off. I actually agree with you on that 100%.)

:yeahthat: Just out of curiosity I would like for them to take a random selection of +/- 105 male students at CU or just about any other major university in this age group and follow them throughout the year for legal violations, fights, academic issues, etc. Based on the time I spent in college (at a number of different schools) I would be willing to put a cold one on the control group having significantly more issues than the football players. They don't get in the paper because it is so common and they are just being kids but if they are a football player everything is a major issue and a capital offense.

I am not saying that we should ignore this stuff but put it in context. Young adultoids away from mom and dad for the first time spending their time around others of the same age group tend to drink, tend to sometimes not study or go to class, and tend to do stupid stuff like steal bikes out off a locked rack. They shouldn't get away without being held accountable but at the same time it is not like they are robbing banks or selling meth on a street corner to welfare moms.

:yeahthat: Just out of curiosity I would like for them to take a random selection of +/- 105 male students at CU or just about any other major university in this age group and follow them throughout the year for legal violations, fights, academic issues, etc. Based on the time I spent in college (at a number of different schools) I would be willing to put a cold one on the control group having significantly more issues than the football players. They don't get in the paper because it is so common and they are just being kids but if they are a football player everything is a major issue and a capital offense.

I am not saying that we should ignore this stuff but put it in context. Young adultoids away from mom and dad for the first time spending their time around others of the same age group tend to drink, tend to sometimes not study or go to class, and tend to do stupid stuff like steal bikes out off a locked rack. They shouldn't get away without being held accountable but at the same time it is not like they are robbing banks or selling meth on a street corner to welfare moms.

You are totally correct. It is just that the magnifying glass in Boulder is a bit stronger than in other places.

I totally get the whole "kids being kids" thing. Believe me, I do. I often wonder how it was that I never got arrested during my time at CU. God knows I could have been. Here's the thing, though - Dan says he's doing things the right way. He's not cheating. Everybody else is. So why does he have the same problems?

I totally get the whole "kids being kids" thing. Believe me, I do. I often wonder how it was that I never got arrested during my time at CU. God knows I could have been. Here's the thing, though - Dan says he's doing things the right way. He's not cheating. Everybody else is. So why does he have the same problems?

It sounds like your suspicions here are that D. Hawk = All Talk.

Be careful with this one. The last poster to accuse someone of being "all talk" got domed with an omelette pan. When a staffer runs this back to Coach Hawkins he'll be ready to go full Leavitt on you at the Sackygate.

It sounds like your suspicions here are that D. Hawk = All Talk.

Be careful with this one. The last poster to accuse someone of being "all talk" got domed with an omelette pan. When a staffer runs this back to Coach Hawkins he'll be ready to go full Leavitt on you at the Sackygate.

I hope he does show up at sackygate. If he's sucking down a beer at sackygate, that means he's not coaching anymore. Then, maybe we all can play a game of bullsh*t bingo.

See, I knew if I didn't post for 3 or 4 days you bastards would be begging me to say something. Because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on this board, you need me on this board.

Looks like things were entertaining while I was away. I did hear something about the hicks at OU signing some defensive tackles, but I don't suppose anybody here would be interested in anything like that.... :lol:

Oh, and nice try, but I know Snowy wouldn't call me a hypocrite....

Snowy can't spell hypocrite... :smile2:

See, I knew if I didn't post for 3 or 4 days you bastards would be begging me to say something. Because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on this board, you need me on this board.

This reply reminds me of Sally Field at the Oscars. "You love me, you really do!"

160_ap_sally_field_070223.jpg

Deep down I admit that I want you and need you to use the above picture as an avatar.

If you hadn't pointed out you were gone, it might have taken another couple weeks for someone to notice you were actually missing. So...umm, welcome back, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deep down I admit that I want you and need you

Skiddy, I'm flattered. You seemed like a great guy that time you came to town, bought me drinks and took me to dinner, and I'm sure as a married man with kids you've been waiting a long time to find just the right person to make this decision for. And I hope that eventually it will make you very happy. But it's just not my thing. I like it on this side of the fence.... :huh: Sorry.... :sorry:

:smile2:

Skiddy, I'm flattered. You seemed like a great guy that time you came to town, bought me drinks and took me to dinner, and I'm sure as a married man with kids you've been waiting a long time to find just the right person to make this decision for. And I hope that eventually it will make you very happy. But it's just not my thing. I like it on this side of the fence.... :huh: Sorry.... :sorry:

:smile2:

When you didn't throw yourself at me nor invite me back to chez junction after I bought you the dinner and drinks, you seemed like my kind of guy.

At the time, I didn't know about the Abba on your iPod, and I admit that I was not properly sympathetic about your cancelled Elton John concert. You must have been devistated. NTTIAWWT.

But now that you've framed the boundaries of our relationship, it's me who is relieved.

The deal was for you to buy the drinks the next time you came through Dallas. This isn't your way of crawfishing on your end of the bargain, it it? :wink:

When you didn't throw yourself at me nor invite me back to chez junction after I bought you the dinner and drinks, you seemed like my kind of guy.

At the time, I didn't know about the Abba on your iPod, and I admit that I was not properly sympathetic about your cancelled Elton John concert. You must have been devistated. NTTIAWWT.

But now that you've framed the boundaries of our relationship, it's me who is relieved.

The deal was for you to buy the drinks the next time you came through Dallas. This isn't your way of crawfishing on your end of the bargain, it it? :wink:

That's it. Put on the brave face. "I want you and I need you" is pretty straightforward, but tell yourself whatever you need to deal... The :wink: betrays your true feelings, though. I hope it's not going to be too difficult for you to deal with.... :huh:

The next time I'm in Dallas, the drinks are absolutely on me. Dinner too. I'll even buy for Mrs. Skiddy if she's available.... No crawfishing on that...

(Of course, I've never been in Dallas in my life and really don't know why I would be in the future. But it's really the thought that counts...)

That's it. Put on the brave face. "I want you and I need you to use the above picture in your avatar" is pretty straightforward, but tell yourself whatever you need to deal... The :wink: betrays your true feelings, though. I hope it's not going to be too difficult for you to deal with.... :huh:

The next time I'm in Dallas, the drinks are absolutely on me. Dinner too. I'll even buy for Mrs. Skiddy if she's available.... No crawfishing on that...

(Of course, I've never been in Dallas in my life and really don't know why I would be in the future. But it's really the thought that counts...)

Good reasons to come to Dallas are few and far between. There is the quest for Lucille's gold, and there is the remote chance that Buffs win the North and play at Jerryworld, and that is all.

You've made it pretty clear at this point that you won't be using Sally Field as your avatar.

scan0014.jpg

Good reasons to come to Dallas are few and far between. There is the quest for Lucille's gold, and there is the remote chance that Buffs win the North and play at Jerryworld, and that is all.

You've made it pretty clear at this point that you won't be using Sally Field as your avatar.

scan0014.jpg
Who the heck is Mark?

I never really tire of seeing Hawk get blasted, because he's earned it.

This reply reminds me of Sally Field at the Oscars. "You love me, you really do!"

160_ap_sally_field_070223.jpg

Deep down I admit that I want you and need you to use the above picture as an avatar.

If you hadn't pointed out you were gone, it might have taken another couple weeks for someone to notice you were actually missing. So...umm, welcome back, I guess.

I still say her best work was as the flying nun.

Back