What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I have no idea what that win means

It means Lindsay crushed someone.
(h/t CL34 on Rivals - he is so good with these)
lindsay-hit_zps372ocdw5.gif
That very well may have been my favorite play of the game.

and one more - the KO TD. Doesn't belong just in the ****ty ref thread. Watch the chido double block. Thing of beauty. Again, h/t CL34 from Rivals.

ko-int-td_zpsjz7la894.gif

and one more - the KO TD. Doesn't belong just in the ****ty ref thread. Watch the chido double block. Thing of beauty. Again, h/t CL34 from Rivals.

ko-int-td_zpsjz7la894.gif
Watching it again, its almost a triple block. He blindsides one lineman, who trips a second, causing the second to bump into a WR knocking him out of bounds. Outstanding play by Chido.

Of course Gamboa is slow. He's a RS FR and trying to figure things out. When he's up to speed mentally, he'll play faster.

2013 season
2014 season

2013 recruiting class
2014 recruiting class
2015 recruiting class
2016 recruiting class

To be fair (to us and honest with yourself) you'd made that decision before any of those seasons transpired, it just confirmed what you decided when CU fired Embree. What ever happens going forward will only confirm the initial bias, it shouldn't really surprise us that you aren't watching the games, they dont matter.

Last edited:
Of course Gamboa is slow. He's a RS FR and trying to figure things out. When he's up to speed mentally, he'll play faster.
Being up to speed mentally means it will slow down because he knows his job. Thinking makes you play slow. Think we are pretty much saying the same thing.

Not sure how slow he is, but he sure as hell read that screen and timed his hit perfectly. That play won us the game. Without it, either CSU probably punts and pins us deep.

I just watched it again and it's pretty funny how Gamboa gets up after the hit, looks to our sideline and starts to kind of thump his chest before he realized we'd intercepted it and were running it back.

Gamboa is not a burner. Never will be. If we had the LB depth that we should have, we'd be hearing about him as a guy who worked hard in the offseason, had a good camp, and had earned himself special teams spots along with some occasional defensive snaps. Type of guy who usually starts as a RS-Junior or RS-Senior when he was a total expert on the defense and things had slowed down to the point where he could diagnose and anticipate things. But he's starting as a RS-Freshman.

Early tailgates aren't too bad. Breakfast is definitely the best meal of the day, even JJ Watt said so in hard knocks haha.
I agree. breakfast burrito tailgates are the best. I would totally rather have a well done sausage/egg/cheese/peppers burrito than a burger or dog. Throw in a little green chili and my preference becomes an inarguable truth.

I agree. breakfast burrito tailgates are the best. I would totally rather have a well done sausage/egg/cheese/peppers burrito than a burger or dog. Throw in a little green chili and my preference becomes an inarguable truth.

You should make a breakfast burrito burger sometime. Pork sausage patty, fried egg (or scambled), onion, pepper, green chili, cheese. On a hamburger bun.

Delicious.

Back