What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I have some extremely mixed emotions right now

You seem to forget that only 1 PERSON wanted Bo gone and that ****er was Pud. Bo is a guy who can relate to these kids. He turned around our defense in his only year being here. He made these kids believe in themselves. He coached up talent where we were lacking it. Now we got these two dumb****s (BC and Coz) who have a well talented team don't know how to coach them!
There is no way in hell Greg Bohl coaches here again. He is bad as Cosgrove is. It's obvious that BC does not know how to relate to kids as far as coaching goes. I also don't think that Bo walks on water, but its obvious that he knows how to coach at the college level!

RIGGGHHHTTT. clearly you were nowhere near nebraska when the last poop storm hit your program. i was there. in print, the owh, ljs, and independent were all very mocking in the way that bo left mad. "ha ha! don't let the door hit you in the ass!" was a sentiment oft repeated.

every crusty old farmer in overalls held the same opinion. their wives too. your youngans were even more rabid than the elders.

while it is true that he took steps in the right direction, bo's defense was not "husker" enough.

this is YOUR (shucker nation) viewpoint. not mine. while i am sure it is very tempting to shoot the messenger, mind your manners as i give as good as i get.

even now, your little red circlejerk is divided on bo. some are more open about what they thought of him "back when" (for example, linky - there were more frank posts yesterday, but i am not going to wade further into that nuclear waste than i already have).

let's forget for a moment that people are already divided on bo. let's say you hire him. have you photographic evidence that he walks on water?

5* Top Rated JUCO Player In The Nation Simi Kuli. Solid verbal to NU, "committed to the program, not the coaches". Will be a stud D-end for NU! Would rather lose some recruits than keep these clown around! Have a feeling he committed to a certain D-Coor. not currently with the team. Oh the irony indeed!

There's a hell of a lot more leaving bud, NU recruiting is in a tailspin as well as the program, it isn't an overnight fix either.

There is no way in hell Greg Bohl coaches here again. He is bad as Cosgrove is.

According to his bio at NDSU, he had two top 10 defenses in his three years as DC for the skers. While he did forget to assign anyone to tackle Chris Brown in 01 and got tore up by Miami that season, at least Ball State didn't hang 40 on him. I think it's safe to say he never had a unit as ****ty as this Cosgrove group, but I hear what you're saying as far as possibly not being accepted by the red horde.

If Osborne insists on dropping a NU man in there, do you think Gill is your guy?

Personally I'm not ready to just hand the job over to Pelini. They need to get this right this time and make sure it's the right guy for the job. :huh:

According to his bio at NDSU, he had two top 10 defenses in his three years as DC for the skers. While he did forget to assign anyone to tackle Chris Brown in 01 and got tore up by Miami that season, at least Ball State didn't hang 40 on him. I think it's safe to say he never had a unit as ****ty as this Cosgrove group, but I hear what you're saying as far as possibly not being accepted by the red horde.

If Osborne insists on dropping a NU man in there, do you think Gill is your guy?

he is the little red fawnling, yes.

apparently, if they hire gill, they will be masters of the universe in recruiting the minority athlete. seems that they are overlooking a number of other programs that boast the same circumstance.

but gill is the shoo-in with nu ties, yes.

he is the little red fawnling, yes.

apparently, if they hire gill, they will be masters of the universe in recruiting the minority athlete. seems that they are overlooking a number of other programs that boast the same circumstance.

but gill is the shoo-in with nu ties, yes.

Supposedly this guy is the best of the best....

RIGGGHHHTTT. clearly you were nowhere near nebraska when the last poop storm hit your program. i was there. in print, the owh, ljs, and independent were all very mocking in the way that bo left mad. "ha ha! don't let the door hit you in the ass!" was a sentiment oft repeated.

every crusty old farmer in overalls held the same opinion. their wives too. your youngans were even more rabid than the elders.

while it is true that he took steps in the right direction, bo's defense was not "husker" enough.

this is YOUR (shucker nation) viewpoint. not mine. while i am sure it is very tempting to shoot the messenger, mind your manners as i give as good as i get.

even now, your little red circlejerk is divided on bo. some are more open about what they thought of him "back when" (for example, linky - there were more frank posts yesterday, but i am not going to wade further into that nuclear waste than i already have).

let's forget for a moment that people are already divided on bo. let's say you hire him. have you photographic evidence that he walks on water?

I was at the Alamo Bowl when 90% of the Husker fans were chanting "We want Bo". So don't give me this **** that many wanted Bo gone.
Seems the New York Times took notice at that time as well. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C05E3DB103EF933A05751C1A9659C8B63 I am not certian Bo is the answer but we sure as **** better do something after the Buffalo game is completed!

Are you talking about this?
His seasons at Nebraska included a number of Top 10 defensive national rankings for a team that compiled an 85-18 record including national championships with a Fiesta Bowl win in 1995 and an Orange Bowl win 1997.
LMAO he wasn't the Defensive Cord during those years. He was linebackers coach at Nebraska! Bohl didn't take over being the DC until 1999 after Charlie retired. Nice try though!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at the Alamo Bowl when 90% of the Husker fans were chanting "We want Bo". So don't give me this **** that many wanted Bo gone.
Seems the New York Times took notice at that time as well. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C05E3DB103EF933A05751C1A9659C8B63 I am not certian Bo is the answer but we sure as **** better do something after the Buffalo game is completed!

heartwarming link. they did not credit 90% of husker fans as having chanted that. it said SOME. not MOST, or ALMOST ALL. some.

their little chant does not really wipe away the numerous pert comments that surrounded him and his wife that were uttered in the land of the corn.

heartwarming link. they did not credit 90% of husker fans as having chanted that. it said SOME. not MOST, or ALMOST ALL. some.

their little chant does not really wipe away the numerous pert comments that surrounded him and his wife that were uttered in the land of the corn.

I was at the game and heard it but whatever you say!

I don't think Warden Tom or his staff is spending much time if any trying to find a new coach for the football team right now. It's not the #1 job at the moment. Tommy's top priority should be finding a new AD as quickly as possible so that the new AD can hire the new HC. It was made very clear with Pederson that the NU AD's career hinges on the head football coach and it wouldn't be good form to handcuff an incoming AD's future to a coach he had no say in hiring and would not be able to get rid of for at least 4 years.

If the Warden has any braincells at all he will be working solely at brining in a new AD and then letting that guy take care of the rest (which is the way it's supposed to work).

I don't think Warden Tom or his staff is spending much time if any trying to find a new coach for the football team right now. It's not the #1 job at the moment. Tommy's top priority should be finding a new AD as quickly as possible so that the new AD can hire the new HC. It was made very clear with Pederson that the NU AD's career hinges on the head football coach and it wouldn't be good form to handcuff an incoming AD's future to a coach he had no say in hiring and would not be able to get rid of for at least 4 years.

If the Warden has any braincells at all he will be working solely at brining in a new AD and then letting that guy take care of the rest (which is the way it's supposed to work).

Dr Tom isn't going anywhere for atleast a year. They might as well take the "interim" off of his name. There is no way in **** that he is going to ignore the coaching debacle and place his sole priority in search of a AD first. He has put too much time into the football program to watch it rot away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr Tom isn't going anywhere for atleast a year. They might as well take the "interim" off of his name. There is no way in **** that he is going to ignore the coaching debacle and place his sole priority in search of a AD first. He has put too much time into the football program to watch it rot away.

A year?! Are you saying they don't think he can find a good permanent AD in less than a year? That's bull****. If it takes that long it's not because they couldn't "find the right guy" it's because Tommy didn't want to lose the job. If he's staying for longer than a year then Warden Tom is showing how desperate he is to remain relevant.

I got news for him too, the football program that was to be his legacy is not "rotting away", it is rotten through and through, fallen off the tree, been stepped on, eaten and then barfed up by flys, scrapped up as garbage, mixed with cow **** and is now slowly smoldering into ash in a hug dung heap in norther ****braska. Not much to save except some two toned turf, a cool very large stadium video screen and a nice weight room.

He has put too much time into the football program to watch it rot away.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

sorry, man, you aren't half bad for a fusker but you are freaking delusional. your program is in bad shape. whether your god, warden tom, wants to watch it rot away or not, it is rotten.

you guys have the facilities, support, and questionable ethics and academics that are necessary to consistently be an elite program. so, i expect you'll be back in a few years, but you have to realize where you are.

here's a newsflash: you haven't hit bottom yet. clown-a-han is going to make you fire him so that he gets his big payout. the uncertainty will crater the recruiting class. this is an axiomatic result when a program is shifting gears.

and, hiring a new coach ain't going to be easy. you think the coaching fraternity doesn't notice when you fire a guy who wins 9 games or when you cut the balls off your head coach by firing his boss halfway thru a season?

the fuskers have sky-high expectations and very little foundation to work with right now. no hot coaching prospect is going to step in that pile of **** because you kids won't give him the 3 seasons or so that it will take for you to be respectable again.

that's why i think you'll end up with a retread (bob davie, for example) or maybe a coordinator from the b10 or sec or someone like that. i don't think warden tom is stupid enough to put turner gill into an almost impossible situation. and pelini is a dick and your athletic community is tired of dicks--- pederson and clown-a-han have soured them.

you are REBUILDING. it will take time. you are going to go thru some very ugly and painful experiences as a result. welcome to the real world.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

sorry, man, you aren't half bad for a fusker but you are freaking delusional. your program is in bad shape. whether your god, warden tom, wants to watch it rot away or not, it is rotten.

you guys have the facilities, support, and questionable ethics and academics that are necessary to consistently be an elite program. so, i expect you'll be back in a few years, but you have to realize where you are.

here's a newsflash: you haven't hit bottom yet. clown-a-han is going to make you fire him so that he gets his big payout. the uncertainty will crater the recruiting class. this is an axiomatic result when a program is shifting gears.

and, hiring a new coach ain't going to be easy. you think the coaching fraternity doesn't notice when you fire a guy who wins 9 games or when you cut the balls off your head coach by firing his boss halfway thru a season?

the fuskers have sky-high expectations and very little foundation to work with right now. no hot coaching prospect is going to step in that pile of **** because you kids won't give him the 3 seasons or so that it will take for you to be respectable again.

that's why i think you'll end up with a retread (bob davie, for example) or maybe a coordinator from the b10 or sec or someone like that. i don't think warden tom is stupid enough to put turner gill into an almost impossible situation. and pelini is a dick and your athletic community is tired of dicks--- pederson and clown-a-han have soured them.

you are REBUILDING. it will take time. you are going to go thru some very ugly and painful experiences as a result. welcome to the real world.

Ok I guess you read what I typed wrong. I never denied that our program is in bad shape. Hell anyone can see that. Yes I realize that coaches noticed that we fired a guy who went 9-3. Some may also realize that the plague aka Pud was fired. His questionable contracts and hirings were another that bit him in the ass. Along with his "lead in fear" tactics that he used. This guy was a ****ing weasel and did a lot of **** that wasn't brought out until now. Pud was trying to create his own leagacy and inturn it blew up in his face. There is no way that we hire a dip **** aka Bob Davie. So why the comment about Bo being a dick? What are your reasons? I am curious to hear them. Despite what Buff fans may think, TO has a lot of respect around the college football community! However, some Husker fans are jaded by seeing Dr Tom as the "savior" of Husker football! Sorry but it's gonna take a lot more then him to fix this **** that BC, Coz, and Pud created!

Ok I guess you read what I typed wrong. I never denied that our program is in bad shape. Hell anyone can see that. Yes I realize that coaches noticed that we fired a guy who went 9-3. Some may also realize that the plague aka Pud was fired. His questionable contracts and hirings were another that bit him in the ass. Along with his "lead in fear" tactics that he used. This guy was a ****ing weasel and did a lot of **** that wasn't brought out until now. Pud was trying to create his own leagacy and inturn it blew up in his face. There is no way that we hire a dip **** aka Bob Davie. So why the comment about Bo being a dick? What are your reasons? I am curious to hear them. Despite what Buff fans may think, TO has a lot of respect around the college football community! However, some Husker fans are jaded by seeing Dr Tom as the "savior" of Husker football! Sorry but it's gonna take a lot more then him to fix this **** that BC, Coz, and Pud created!

it seems you are ignoring the fact that to gave the thumbs up to pedey and solich.

nothing is in place there that is too far removed from the blessings of your savior.

I think you are going to see a major case of "learn from one's mistakes" when it comes to T.O. and this next coaching hire. It will be a good one I am sure.

Exactly. TO is too shrewd to have the risk of hiring a new HC fouling up his demigod status in NE. He'll bring in a new AD, and hand the bag of poop to him to dispose of...that's what I would do.

What happened to Sam Keller?

I heard broken clavicle and Ganz will take them the rest of the way. Wait for the simplifying the offense, new QB banter...it will be along shortly.:lol:

Seriously, though, I suspect NU will have to remove five or six volumes from the WCO playbook since Keller probably took every snap in practice and games for the same reasons JK did, the WCO is way too complicated for the college game.

might be the best thing for them, I was impressed with NU's effort on Saturday.

Nebraska's recent history of firing coaches is going to hurt them in their future search.

Solich got fired after winning 9 games and only being a couple years removed from the National Championship game.

Callahan received a multi-year extension only a couple months before he is going to get fired. Nebraska's athletic department (and maybe their fans, too) are bi-polar. One week they are feeling wonderful about themselves, the next they want to fire everyone.

Nebraska fans need to realize that the 1990's are long over and done. Not even OKlahoma, Texas, USC, Ohio State, etc. win every single game every year anymore.

Personally, I have a hard time imagining Nebraska bringing in a "Nebraska boy" to be their next head coach. That is a situation fraught with problems. It would be better for them to bring in an outsider who is willing to open his arms to the past, willing to welcome back old players and coaches and administrators and so forth-- but still has the sense to move the team forward.

The last thing Nebraska needs now is somebody who is being hired just because he used to be a player or because he was a long-time coach in the program.

I heard broken clavicle and Ganz will take them the rest of the way. Wait for the simplifying the offense, new QB banter...it will be along shortly.:lol:

Seriously, though, I suspect NU will have to remove five or six volumes from the WCO playbook since Keller probably took every snap in practice and games for the same reasons JK did, the WCO is way too complicated for the college game.

If anything the playbook will remain the same because Ganz knows the playbook better than anyone on the team. He is more mobile, but he doesn't have some of the intangibles that Keller had like the big arm.

How is a big arm an intangible?

:thumbsup::lol:

uh, yeah, he lacks the "intangible" skills like strength, size, and speed.:lol:

oh lord, thank you for the fuskers. they help me remember and give thanks every day that i am not one of them.

Back