What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I have some extremely mixed emotions right now

How is a big arm an intangible?

Well, because, you know, there isn't a real good way to accuratly measure true cup throwing prowess. How big do you make the cups? Are they plastic or cardboard or stryofoam? Can the cup have ice in it? How much? How warm is the day and how will that affect the ice? How far away from the parking spot should you start from to lanch the cup? Wind can be a factor to an empty cup more than a half full cup of ice. Do you count the roll after the cup touches terra firma? Does liquid splash marks count toward total cup launching distance?

Until solid rules for measurement are established, you could just call them 'intangibles'.:wink2:

How is a big arm an intangible?

I guess I meant that sometimes some QB's don't have the arm strength to stretch the field like others do. Look at Taylor last season. The guy was tough as hell, but he couldn't throw the ball as far as Keller and if he tried it wasn't very accurate. Ganz knows the playbook very well so he should fill the position fine. He is more mobile, but I think he lacks the arm to stretch the field. Last season, when he got to play, he was fairly accurate, but couldn't stretch the field. Strength of arm, to me, is something that you like to see in your QB on top of, speed, smarts, and being agile.

I guess I meant that sometimes some QB's don't have the arm strength to stretch the field like others do. Look at Taylor last season. The guy was tough as hell, but he couldn't throw the ball as far as Keller and if he tried it wasn't very accurate. Ganz knows the playbook very well so he should fill the position fine. He is more mobile, but I think he lacks the arm to stretch the field. Last season, when he got to play, he was fairly accurate, but couldn't stretch the field. Strength of arm, to me, is something that you like to see in your QB on top of, speed, smarts, and being agile.

Actually, I like FIB's comments on this subject. How is Ganz at throwing coffee cups at parked cars?

Actually, I like FIB's comments on this subject. How is Ganz at throwing coffee cups at parked cars?
Well he's a little unaccurate with his throws, but he........................hey wait a second....................**** YOU! :lol:

I seem to remember Ganz throwing a pretty decent 30 yard strike to a DEFENSIVE END in the end zone against a certain team that NU has scoreboard on right at this moment!:lol:

I seem to remember Ganz throwing a pretty decent 30 yard strike to a DEFENSIVE END in the end zone against a certain team that NU has scoreboard on right at this moment!:lol:

That play was hilarious! We do fortunately play better away from Lincoln so hopefully we can make a game out of this. :thumbsup:

That play was hilarious! We do fortunately play better away from Lincoln so hopefully we can make a game out of this. :thumbsup:

I think it will be closer than most think. 2005 is still fresh in my memory, I remember how confident Cu was going into that game as 14 point favorites.

I think it will be closer than most think. 2005 is still fresh in my memory, I remember how confident Cu was going into that game as 14 point favorites.

It really depends on if having Ganz in there is going to fire this team up or not. He is probably the most popular player on the team and it seems that all the players love him. I see no fire in this team this season, but they did show some through 3 quarters against Texas so that was nice...................what's that???..................Oh yeah I forgot about the 4th quarter of that game. :sad2:

i also remember being the dogs in 2001.

keep in mind that everyone else thought that cu was going to be second to last in the b12 this year. THAT memory is certainly fresh in the mind of this team. so is our two win season last year.

i cannot see them tanking against their rival.

i also remember being the dogs in 2001.

keep in mind that everyone else thought that cu was going to be second to last in the b12 this year. THAT memory is certainly fresh in the mind of this team. so is our two win season last year.

i cannot see them tanking against their rival.

Should be a good game regardless. Our teams USUALLY play tough against one another. I emphasize usually because we could come out and look like a bunch of retards eating hot wings. You know what I mean? We would get all sweaty and confused and then proceed to drool on ourselves while urinating all over the place. It's very possible because I've seen it happen more than once this season. :sad1:

Should be a good game regardless. Our teams USUALLY play tough against one another. I emphasize usually because we could come out and look like a bunch of retards eating hot wings. You know what I mean? We would get all sweaty and confused and then proceed to drool on ourselves while urinating all over the place. It's very possible because I've seen it happen more than once this season. :sad1:

that happens to you when you eat hotwings? :confused:

can't take a fusker anywhere! :lol:

your huskers did not look like tards when they threw a blitz every play last weekend... until the second half, where that type of gamecalling tends to disintegrate. :wow:

that happens to you when you eat hotwings? :confused:

can't take a fusker anywhere! :lol:

your huskers did not look like tards when they threw a blitz every play last weekend... until the second half, where that type of gamecalling tends to disintegrate. :wow:

Totally agree about the 2nd half lb. You can only blitz 10 so many times before you finally get burned! That lone safety can only do so much.

Back