What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I have something to say.

People who say hairbands suck were listening to Madonna or Garth Brooks in the '80s. I agree that hair metal ballads suck but it's also full of memories. Every chick I dated in high school enjoyed a little "Every Rose has it's Thorn" from the back seat of my car:smile2:

Hair bands rocked back in the day. Although I have to agree with Walrus (I think he was the one who said it) that Motley never should have followed up Home Sweet Home with Without You. To their credit, there was an album between the two and they were sober by the time Without You came out. Home Sweet Home is still a classic imo.

People who say hairbands suck were listening to Madonna or Garth Brooks in the '80s. I agree that hair metal ballads suck but it's also full of memories. Every chick I dated in high school enjoyed a little "Every Rose has it's Thorn" from the back seat of my car:smile2:

Are you sure they weren't imagining Bret Michaels from the backseat? :smile2:

No, maybe they were listening to metallica,the cure,clash,pantera,husker du etc...

Now,stop dying and bleaching your pants and hair,sew those holes in your knees and stop spraying your hair.

No, maybe they were listening to metallica,the cure,clash,pantera,husker du etc...

Now,stop dying and bleaching your pants and hair,sew those holes in your knees and stop spraying your hair.

I like your style. That is a good example of some of my favorites...but I still can resist a good headbanging every now and then. I do tend to lean toward the harder side of hair metal.

BTW Oklahoma sucks GO BUFFS!!:thumbsup:

Okie is a bit overrated, but not as much as hair bands were. The start of my freshman year in high school Nirvanna hit it big, and brought death to the hair band. :thumbsup:

Hair bands=Partying, girls, drinking

Grunge=hating parents, hating life, giving the finger to "the man"

Still good stuff, though. It was time for change with Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, etal.

Hair bands=Partying, girls, drinking

Grunge=hating parents, hating life, giving the finger to "the man"

Still good stuff, though. It was time for change with Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, etal.

Grunge. Remember when flannels were in style. :lol:

I freakin hate grunge rock. It may have killed hair bands, but it also killed a lot of great music that was coming out of the 80's. We went from a decade of good music (U2, Depeche Mode, Cure, Police) to a decade of garbage.

I freakin hate grunge rock. It may have killed hair bands, but it also killed a lot of great music that was coming out of the 80's. We went from a decade of good music (U2, Depeche Mode, Cure, Police) to a decade of garbage.

good music?:wow:

The Police and U2 I'll give you but Depeche Mode?

:confused:

The only band that wasn't around anymore were the Police. The other 3 all had good success in the 90's.

Unlike OU of course... :smile2:

:confused:

The only band that wasn't around anymore were the Police. The other 3 all had good success in the 90's.

Unlike OU of course... :smile2:

Yeah, but those other bands became "classic" or "old school" when they were still in their prime. The music that defined the 90's is pure sucktitude.

good music?:wow:

The Police and U2 I'll give you but Depeche Mode?

Depeche Mode had some flat out fantastic tunes. Personal Jesus, Enjoy the Silence, People are People, Just Can't Get Enough, the list goes on and on. They're a very talented group. You may not like their sound, and that's OK. But to deny their talent would be wrong.

I have more Depeche Mode on my iPod than any other artist.

Depeche Mode had some flat out fantastic tunes. Personal Jesus, Enjoy the Silence, People are People, Just Can't Get Enough, the list goes on and on. They're a very talented group. You may not like their sound, and that's OK. But to deny their talent would be wrong.

I have more Depeche Mode on my iPod than any other artist.

I was at the show in pasadena for 101 live. Freaking awesome and hot girls EVERYWHERE.

tHE CURE, SMITHS,DEPECHE MODE,NEW ORDER,Psychedelic furs on and on.

My introduction to hair bands was when Poison opened up for the Japanese heavy metal band Loudness at the Rainbow Music Hall in 1987.

I got hit in the foot by a can of neon green silly string that was thrown by one of Poison's band members. My throbbing toe was an early and accurate indication that 'Talk Dirty to Me', Poison, and the whole glam-rock movement would suck. (Like OU) They got booed by a crowd wanting less make-up and more head banging.

Loudness put on a good set, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
My introduction to hair bands was when Poison opened up for the Japanese heavy metal band Loudness at the Rainbow Music Hall in 1987.

I got hit in the foot by a can of neon green silly string that was thrown by one of Poison's band members. My throbbing toe was an early and accurate indication that 'Talk Dirty to Me', Poison, and the whole glam-rock movement would suck. (Like OU) They got booed by a crowd wanting less make-up and more head banging.

Loudness put on a good set, though.

Rainbow Music Hall is now a Walgreens. :huh:

no video, just the music.... my 1st concert 1970-05-08

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5TR9WPHnQM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5TR9WPHnQM[/ame]

Back