What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I have to be honest...

leftybuff

Unreconstructed Luddite
Club Member
I have been a Buff fan since the day I set foot on campus in 1987.

But watching the team get their butts kicked over and over and over on the road, suffering through four years of D II ineptitude, and then seeing another blowout has just about done it for me.

Maybe I'll feel differently by Saturday....:huh:

But watching the team get their butts kicked over and over and over on the road, suffering through four years of D II ineptitude, and then seeing another blowout has just about done it for me.

Go jump on the OU bandwagon then. ****** fan IMO.

Someday, you will stop being a bitch. That day is not today.
When someone stops being a fan because we've been bad, that doesn't make them a good fan. God forbid if South Carolina fans jumped ship in the 90's, or when OU was down in the 90's. Did their fans jump ship then? God forbid if we ever go through a bad stretch like we are now. Good fans don't abandon their teams because they're not doing well. So **** off.

This one had an especially rough effect on me too. I was pissed at myself for getting so hyped up about the game for a week and really believing we were gonna win. But I realized thats what fans do. We could go 4 years without winning a game and I would still do the same thing. CU football is like a drug it brings you the highest of the highs and the lowest of the lows, and I am definitely addicted to that drug. No loss could ever "Do it for me" no matter how bad it is. Go Buffs.

tini's idiocy aside, I feel for you. but at least you were a fan for the BEST days as a buffs fan. I started in 2003, when the best thing we had going was winning the north with a 7-4 record or something like that. with each loss i find myself continually asking when it will get better, how CU isn't really that bad, and reminiscing about all the "good" times that may in fact not be that special.

i feel like a domestic violence victim sometimes. But this is the life we were given. We'll come through.

It's tough, there's no arguing that point. The best coping mechanism I can come up with is to have a really fun tailgate. Make it about the whole experience, not just the game itself. I still really enjoy Saturdays in Boulder in the Fall, regardless of how much the team disappoints.

I also try to keep in mind that we all knew this was going to be a difficult year. As much as we want to think CU will win every game, it's clear that we're not back to where we want to be and we won't be there for a while.

Hey man, what you gonna do, be a Broncos fan? A CSU fan? :lol: You will be fine, just do what we do and drink a little more.

When someone stops being a fan because we've been bad, that doesn't make them a good fan. God forbid if South Carolina fans jumped ship in the 90's, or when OU was down in the 90's. Did their fans jump ship then? God forbid if we ever go through a bad stretch like we are now. Good fans don't abandon their teams because they're not doing well. So **** off.

Yes. They did. They couldn't give tickets away to OU games in Norman in 1998. But why let facts get in the way of a childish rant. Please continue.

Yes. They did. They couldn't give tickets away to OU games in Norman in 1998. But why let facts get in the way of a childish rant. Please continue.
Whatever. Real fans don't jump ship because their team is down. Sure is easy to be a fan when your team is good but the real fans shine when the team is down.

Whatever. Real fans don't jump ship because their team is down. Sure is easy to be a fan when your team is good but the real fans shine when the team is down.

You don't have the cred to talk about being a real fan kid. STFU.

I'm just venting. CU FB is in my blood, I doubt I'll be dropping from the roster of fans anytime soon. Little pricks like 'tini who haven't been alive as long as I've been dropping $$ on gear and tickets telling me I don't meet their criteria as a fan piss me off though...he doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

Tini, grow the **** up. I'll take lefty over you 10 times out of 10.
I don't really care. Sick of these "fans" jumping ship because we're bad. Grow some god damn balls and support your team through and through.

**** off, shrimpy. Dont you have like four teams you like?

So we're clear, you're questioning a man who's been a member of a CU internet message board site since 2005, during the darkest years of CU football? Wouldn't a bandwagoner have jumped ship a long time ago? You are nuts, man! The vast majority of people who take the time to sign up for this site (and so many that pay for it, too) are the die-hards--they BLEED black and gold, no matter what...they don't have a choice. and now we say how frustrating it is to us and here you are questioning our allegiances. You're a douche. plain and simple.

I hear ya Lefty. Was talking to some co-workers today and we are at a loss for words right now.

And Tini, you should probably learn to shut up every once in a while. This site is full of incredibly passionate fans, including Lefty. You make yourself look stupid when you call people out.

I have a good friend who is an OU grad and season ticket holder (he lives in Dallas now). He and his friends often thank John Blake because that is how they were able to get season tickets. There was no wait list back in those days like there is now. Tickets were plentiful. I went to an OU/NU game in Norman back in 1996 or so. The stadium was half empty.

Tini, you're in no position to give life advice. You haven't been alive long enough to do anything yet.

I don't really care. Sick of these "fans" jumping ship because we're bad. Grow some god damn balls and support your team through and through.

And we're sick of hearing from a kid who can't even legally drink tell us how to be 'real' fans.

These are trying times as a Buff fan. Everybody here knows that I am, and I get to hear it every week. This has been going on for a while.

BTW, lefty, I hear you. This one hit me really hard, too. I can't say I expected a win, but I sure as hell expected them to be competitive.

Its a bit tough right now, for sure. But you just have to keep getting up off the floor and going back for more. I believe in CU enough to believe we will turn it around soon. I agree with Mac. CU is a treasure waiting to be discovered. Once this thing turns around, look out!

How can you guys pile on tini saying lefty is the best of Buff fans when he just said he may be done with the team, meaning he wouldnt be a buffs fan at all anymore. Maybe you guys know him better and know that he wasnt serious but judging by that post he looks like a poor buffs fan at this point. Everyone gets real down about losses but to say you might be done with the team is a little much.

I hear ya Lefty. Was talking to some co-workers today and we are at a loss for words right now.

And Tini, you should probably learn to shut up every once in a while. This site is full of incredibly passionate fans, including Lefty. You make yourself look stupid when you call people out.
Of course, some of those passionate fans are morons, right? :wink2:

How can you guys pile on tini saying lefty is the best of Buff fans when he just said he may be done with the team, meaning he wouldnt be a buffs fan at all anymore. Maybe you guys know him better and know that he wasnt serious but judging by that post he looks like a poor buffs fan at this point. Everyone gets real down about losses but to say you might be done with the team is a little much.

Because we all know lefty will be back next week. Again with the youngins judging the fans who have been around for decades...

Back