What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I heard something really nice today

DBT

Club Member
Club Member
My co-worker does a lot of charity things, like "Make a Wish." Anyway, he was at Children's Hospital this weekend handing out gifts to the kids. Guess who showed up? Cody, Aric Goodman, and DiLallo. Also Cody's sister. They stayed for 4 hours handing out gifts and signing autographs.

(I'm pretty sure it was Goodman and DiLallo because it was the team's "kicker and punter.") So, I hope I got the correct kids. I am sure about Cody and his sis though.

That's great to hear. We've definitely got some great young men in our program. And Dan and Misti seem to have done a wonderful job as parents.

That's a good story. Cody's obviously a great kid, it's nice to hear the others joined him too.

Good job by those guys!

I'm sure it happens a lot more than we ever know about, actually...

I went to that make-a-wish event as a patient in 2002 and if it's what I think it is then that's really cool that they were there. Basically, they put on a "store" for all of the kids with life-threatening illnesses to shop for gifts for their families and they do it right there in the hospital so that all of the in-patient kids can participate too. Each kid gets their own person to help them go around and pick out donated things to give each member of their family and/or their friends and then they wrap it all up for you. It helps a lot of families get some normalcy to the holiday season and it's one of MANY great things that make-a-wish does for kids and families.

Just a note for everyone: Make-a-Wish is not only for the kids who are dying. It is for any child/teen who is facing a life threatening illness. I remember people looking at me differently when I told them anything about it and then I had to explain.

My co-worker does a lot of charity things, like "Make a Wish." Anyway, he was at Children's Hospital this weekend handing out gifts to the kids. Guess who showed up? Cody, Aric Goodman, and DiLallo. Also Cody's sister. They stayed for 4 hours handing out gifts and signing autographs.

(I'm pretty sure it was Goodman and DiLallo because it was the team's "kicker and punter.") So, I hope I got the correct kids. I am sure about Cody and his sis though.

This is good stuff......

Great to be a part of.

I know there were 6-7 guys from the team who made a stop to an elementary school in Aurora last week - forgot which one, but an excited teacher told me about it.

yep---you got the right guys!!!:thumbsup:

Cody does a TON of stuff like this. I think alot of the team does, in fact.

Good kids.

I think the players are required to do so much community service per year - these events are well organized by the teams - the kids get "service hours" and the team develops some rapport with the community. its a win win all around.

Wonder if Kellen Moore will come see me in the nursing home?

Very nice of them. I actually spent half of my Thanksgiving giving out food to folks that didnt have anything. A friend of mine down in Texas works for an organization that does that and I voluteered me and my son. I've never quite had a feeling like I did that day and it taught my son some things too. Kudos to those guys.

Giving up 4 hours of their time during finals week? That is impressive!

I needed every waking minute to study during finals. Can't imagine how they pulled this off?
Therein lies your problem. You studied.

Back