What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I just heard the team is going to wear green jerseys tomorrow.

Imagine if Bohn decided to go with throwback powder blue jerseys for the game tomorrow - that could throw a serious wrench in this protest.

Doubt he'll do it, but would be a pretty slick damage control move.

No it wouldn't. I would love to see it. If we're going to re-live the Fairbanks years, we might as well go all the way.

How about this----if you dont want to wear blue, dont wear blue. If you want to, awesome!!!!:thumbsup: Nobody here is going to change anyone else's opinion regarding the state of the program, what the message really says, their wardrobe choice, etc.

And if you have extra money---donate it!! If you dont, or dont want to, then dont!!!:thumbsup: We all know how things work---the more money the department has, the more likely they'll recruit better (facilities) and win in the long run (see texas). However, we also know our budgets. My dad donates a **** ton to the program. He has it. He's a great Buff. I donate a little bit (maybe a higher percentage of my income, but, still just a tiny bit :sad1: ) and have season tickets. Im a great Buff. My sister doesnt donate ****, she cant afford it and doesnt want to send the message that losing is okay. She's a great Buff.

great post!

Look at all the non-alums on these boards. Junk, DBT, 'rino, Lt., Irish. All of these guys bleed B&G. We have a ton of good fans that never went to dear ol CU.
Hmm, last time I looked, my diploma says "University of Colorado." So does my daughter's. Yeah, OK, sure, I went to CU-Denver, but that is just a technicality. The diploma is still exactly the same as you Boulder elitest mother ****ers. :lol:

there are smart people on both sides of this one. it is a reasonable way for students, who lack other means to express their discontent, to show their displeasure with the state of the program.

donors and ticket holders are doing what they always do in these circumstances: threatening to withhold $ if changes aren't made. i've already sent my notes to the powers-that-be on that. so have lots and lots of other donors. the powder blue thing is a way to give a voice to those that may not otherwise make much of an impression on the administrators.

but, i get that the perception of it may be harmful. i don't know what one does about that part.

fatty is no dummy. neither is sno (altho he's a young, misguided liberal, so i often disagree with him re: politics). reasonable people can disagree on something like this.

i think the thing that pushed it over the edge was the consistent messaging coming from the press close to the program and from the "insiders" that they were intending to keep hawkins for another year. that appeared to me to be the final straw that lead to something like a powder blue protest. i think you'd be hard pressed to find many folks on either side of this powder blue thing who think that hawkins should get another year. sure, there are some but not many. so, when the frustration builds and folks feel like their voices are not being heard, stuff like this happens.

just my 2 cents.

I have had season tickets since 1996 and havent missed a game. I drive over 4 hours to every game and I think I should wear blue just for the fact that this Admin keeps trying to hang their hat on a home win over Kansas. Kansas!

there are smart people on both sides of this one. it is a reasonable way for students, who lack other means to express their discontent, to show their displeasure with the state of the program.

donors and ticket holders are doing what they always do in these circumstances: threatening to withhold $ if changes aren't made. i've already sent my notes to the powers-that-be on that. so have lots and lots of other donors. the powder blue thing is a way to give a voice to those that may not otherwise make much of an impression on the administrators.

but, i get that the perception of it may be harmful. i don't know what one does about that part.

fatty is no dummy. neither is sno (altho he's a young, misguided liberal, so i often disagree with him re: politics). reasonable people can disagree on something like this.

i think the thing that pushed it over the edge was the consistent messaging coming from the press close to the program and from the "insiders" that they were intending to keep hawkins for another year. that appeared to me to be the final straw that lead to something like a powder blue protest. i think you'd be hard pressed to find many folks on either side of this powder blue thing who think that hawkins should get another year. sure, there are some but not many. so, when the frustration builds and folks feel like their voices are not being heard, stuff like this happens.

just my 2 cents.
You are wrong sir! anyone who doesn't agree with me is evil, misguided, and must be expelled from buff nation! :smile2:

just my 2 cents.

Bingo! I really think that was the point where the feeling started that all the e-mails, letters, etc. that Bohn had been sent weren't making the point. That Bohn was trying to massage the situation trying to find a way to keep Hawk. And that's where the idea for a larger, more public statement came from.

I've got to admit I'm a little uncomfortable about it. I can see where the players can take it as an insult, and that's the last thing I intend. A part of me also feels like it's almost piling on a decent guy when he's down. Way, way down. And I don't like that idea. OTOH, the situation has to change. And the administration, apparently, may need a little more pressure in that direction. So powder blue it is. At least until the game starts. Then I'll see how it feels. That may be the time to make the statement that once the game starts it is all BLACK & GOLD, baby! :gobuffs:

Bingo! I really think that was the point where the feeling started that all the e-mails, letters, etc. that Bohn had been sent weren't making the point. That Bohn was trying to massage the situation trying to find a way to keep Hawk. And that's where the idea for a larger, more public statement came from.

I've got to admit I'm a little uncomfortable about it. I can see where the players can take it as an insult, and that's the last thing I intend. A part of me also feels like it's almost piling on a decent guy when he's down. Way, way down. And I don't like that idea. OTOH, the situation has to change. And the administration, apparently, may need a little more pressure in that direction. So powder blue it is. At least until the game starts. Then I'll see how it feels. That may be the time to make the statement that once the game starts it is all BLACK & GOLD, baby! :gobuffs:
Gotta do what you think is best, I suppose. But I'd say that if you are having a kind of moral dilemma about it, maybe you should listen more to the "insulting the kids and piling on a good person" side of it.

I have had season tickets since 1996 and havent missed a game. I drive over 4 hours to every game and I think I should wear blue just for the fact that this Admin keeps trying to hang their hat on a home win over Kansas. Kansas!

It's the Admins job to sell and market the program we have now which is difficult when you're 2-6. I haven't heard anyone in the AD say they're happy with the team's current record. They're selling the Kansas victory because it's their job.

It's easy to rip the AD, but these guys aren't dummies - they know fans are pissed and they're in damage control mode. I don't know if Hawk will be fired or not, but I'm fairly confident they're not keeping him around because they are satisfied with our current record.

It's the Admins job to sell and market the program we have now which is difficult when you're 2-6. I haven't heard anyone in the AD say they're happy with the team's current record. They're selling the Kansas victory because it's their job.

It's easy to rip the AD, but these guys aren't dummies - they know fans are pissed and they're in damage control mode. I don't know if Hawk will be fired or not, but I'm fairly confident they're not keeping him around because they are satisfied with our current record.
That is my argument as well. Bohn gets it. He'll do what's best for the program with all factors considered. We just look at one factor. Wins and losses. He has to account for everything. He knows fans are pissed. Hell, I know he's disappointed as well. I just cannot fathom what wearing blue will do to pursuade him any more. But I do think that wearing blue will send a bad message to the players and those outside the program. Imagine if you are a kid on that team and you run out of the locker room and look up in the stands and see a bunch of old farts wearing blue. How would you feel about that? I would think it would just drive a little bit of a wedge between players and fans.

That is my argument as well. Bohn gets it. He'll do what's best for the program with all factors considered. We just look at one factor. Wins and losses. He has to account for everything. He knows fans are pissed. Hell, I know he's disappointed as well. I just cannot fathom what wearing blue will do to pursuade him any more. But I do think that wearing blue will send a bad message to the players and those outside the program. Imagine if you are a kid on that team and you run out of the locker room and look up in the stands and see a bunch of old farts wearing blue. How would you feel about that? I would think it would just drive a little bit of a wedge between players and fans.
dude you treat the players like they are 5.

dude you treat the players like they are 5.
Nope. I understand your point as well. But my point isn't so much about how the players feel as it is that the AD gets the point. I really, honestly, do not think the blue thing will effect, or is it affect, I never get those two things right, the AD. They most likely have a strategy in mind. At least they had ****ing better! The player thing is just a risidual effect, or is it affect, no, its effect, of all of this.

Nope. I understand your point as well. But my point isn't so much about how the players feel as it is that the AD gets the point. I really, honestly, do not think the blue thing will effect, or is it affect, I never get those two things right, the AD. They most likely have a strategy in mind. At least they had ****ing better! The player thing is just a risidual effect, or is it affect, no, its effect, of all of this.

Maybe it's not the AD that needs to get the message. Maybe it's the administration and the politicos on the board of regents. And maybe it helps them get the message if the nightly news is reporting on this.

I applaud the effort that went in to mobilizing the blue out, and I have no doubt that the intentions behind it are purely to support the Buffs so power to you.

I'm all about analyzing, discussing, arguing, and complaining about the team, the coaches, the AD Sunday through Friday - but Saturday is game day and a chance to drink beer and support and cheer for the team I love. If they look like s***, I'll be back on Sunday to bitch and complain.

I will be wearing black and gold on gameday.

Boy I'm glad we're not discussing the color maroon.
That would be embarassing and send a bad message and be treason.

Maybe it's not the AD that needs to get the message. Maybe it's the administration and the politicos on the board of regents. And maybe it helps them get the message if the nightly news is reporting on this.
If the admin and regents gave a flying ****, they'd stop restricting players getting in. And that is a big ****ing deal. We all bitch and moan about Hawkins but do not hold the Admin/Regents and TABOR accountable in any measure. That is unfair to Hawk, because he probably way underestimated the consequences of CU Boulder's/Colorado's stupid assed rules and regs as far as they concern the athletic program.

If the admin and regents gave a flying ****, they'd stop restricting players getting in. And that is a big ****ing deal. We all bitch and moan about Hawkins but do not hold the Admin/Regents and TABOR accountable in any measure. That is unfair to Hawk, because he probably way underestimated the consequences of CU Boulder's/Colorado's stupid assed rules and regs as far as they concern the athletic program.

We seem to have had an awful lot of guys (until this year) that were either ineligible for the season or left the program while ineligible. How bad are the academics of the guys that we don't recruit because of CU standards? I'm not sure we want them.

Now, I will agree that we should have more tutors and other resources for our student athletes at CU. If Bohn asks, I'll gladly give money to that cause.

On that note, CU has turned Fitsimmons Army base in to a billion dollar medical facility. This has been while the CU FB program has been average at best.

It's sad to see all this misdirection that pins all responsibility on the fans, and whether or not blue is part of tomorrow's game day attire.

If the CU administrators had as much enthusiasm for the football team and CUAD as has been displayed in the creation of the CU Ansutz Medical complex, then things might be different.

Face it. Benson is no Gordon Gee. Nor was or Hoffman or Albino or any off the interim guys. Could Mac have won the mNC without Gee? There is a reason tOSU grabbed Gee.

A leadership team emphasizes what they do. They wanted clean. They got clean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine if instead of paying $10 for a t-shirt, 50000 fans donated $10 to the AD. Thats a pretty good investment...
Almost like believing a lame-duck prez with $800 billion for his family friends, the Wall Street bankers.

The question is, "What have we seen this AD do wisely with money for the football program? Has he, for example, based an extension on meritorious achievement?"

I think the AD needs to prove his wisdom with positive demonstrations.

On that note, CU has turned Fitsimmons Army base in to a billion dollar medical facility. This has been while the CU FB program has been average at best.

It's sad to see all this misdirection that pins all responsibility on the fans, and whether or not blue is part of tomorrow's game day attire.

If the CU administrators had as much enthusiasm for the football team and CUAD as has been displayed in the creation of the CU Ansutz Medical complex, then things might be different.

Face it. Benson is no Gordon Gee. Nor was or Hoffman or Albino or any off the interim guys. Could Mac have won the mNC without Gee? There is a reason tOSU grabbed Gee.

A leadership team emphasizes what they do. They wanted clean. They got clean.

It's "You acheive what you emphasize." :cool:

And yes, I agree with all of what you said.

Back