What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I just realized something

if by some miracle this team gets to a bowl after this start and, IF they end the season with a winning record (6-7 doesn't work for me), then and only then should hawk be given one more season.

i am tired of his act, too, but i am more focused on results. in order to become bowl eligible, they'd need to finish out this year 5-3 at minimum. considering the near certainty of a loss to texas on saturday, that means they would win at least 5 of their last 7. that would show enough improvement to save their jobs.

whatever. this staff is on such thin ice. all benefit of the doubt has been erased. all margin for error is gone. they can talk and talk all the want but if they don't ****ing deliver some ****ing wins, they need to get the hell out. the excuses don't substitute for Ws.

There's a chance, albeit unlikely, that we get through the season at 7-5, make a crappy bowl, win it, and still end up with 8 wins. Missouri, *ebraska, KSU, ISU, KU and A&M are all games that if things go our way, we could walk away with wins. Unlikely, but possible. Have any of those teams really impressed so far?

Even if that happens, this team sucks. I still want a change. Hawk's jive act has worn thin.

Nothing sums up this post better than... :drink:

If we finish with a 7-5 record and make it to a bowl game, we should give Hawkins another contract extension :rofl:

it is unlikely but no way in hell is it impossible. Think Boulder has a good point in that those teams can score a bit. We know what we have to do, the question is, can we do it? I dont have enough trust in Cody Hawkins to say yes but it is doable. He will never be a world beater but he could improve alot if they could just settle him down in the pocket. He is ****ing tapdancing back there. They should bring in Moschetti as qb coach, he would tell Cody straight up what to do no matter what daddy said.

You goofs are acting like I'm making some kind of prediction here. What part of "highly unlikely" and "as good a chance as me scoring a double team with Jessica Alba and Scarlett Johannsen" did you not understand?

Dude, I met you--albeit it briefly.

I'd argue that CU has a much better chance of winning a National Championship this season than you do of making your (well, let's face it--all of our) Alba/Johannsen double-team fantasy a reality.

damn thats cold, be nice.

Not so cold. Can you think of any one man that could pull that off.

I mean, I could pull it off just thinking about it, if you follow--I just don't think it could happen in reality.

No bag on Sacky...he's just human.

color me ecstatic with 7 wins. i'm looking at more like 3 or 4.

if Hawk was coming out and saying "right now, we are not a very good football team and that's on all of us....coaches and players. we've got to work harder and get better".

maybe i could get on board. as it is, he's full of nonsensical "there's nothing wrong here" stuff and blame on external and often mysterious forces. in year 4, being young and inexperienced isn't something that's out of your control or beyond the scope of accountability. no credibility with the man at this point. a little hyperbole and rah rah is OK. straight up nonsense or "say this, do that" is what we are getting.

this is about to be our 3rd year in a row to finish last in the conference on offense. that sounds like a structural feature of the offense more than an anomaly to me.

How many more times will we hear Hawkins say "Things are about to pop"?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say, after every game remaining on the schedule.

You goofs are acting like I'm making some kind of prediction here. What part of "highly unlikely" and "as good a chance as me scoring a double team with Jessica Alba and Scarlett Johannsen" did you not understand?

He man. You put it out there to see if it would stick. Welcome to the interwebz :smile2:

Not so cold. Can you think of any one man that could pull that off.

I mean, I could pull it off just thinking about it, if you follow--I just don't think it could happen in reality.

No bag on Sacky...he's just human.
Actually not anyone probably, maybe a-fraud.

Of course, this team is just waiting to POP, kind of like how next year Eduardo Najera will average 27 ppg, Jamarcus Russell will win NFL MVP, and Mark Reynolds will bat .400 with less than 50 strikeouts.

Back