What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I just realized something

The UT/OU game coincides with the Texas state fair and is an integral part of that game, so I doubt either school would commit to changing the dates of their rivalry.

Exactly. That game will NEVER move. Hell, they're griping down here that the 2010 edition is during the FIRST weekend of October, not the traditional second week. There would be global thermonuclear war if it was moved to late November.

The only thing that would replace CU-NU in that slot would be OU-NU, but OSU would fight to holy hell to keep Bedlam that weekend, and I think TVs might side with OSU, as that series has been pretty fun to watch in recent years.

I think CU-NU will stay where it's at as long as the Buffs are in the Big 12.

Well then another game involving a Texas school would take the place of the CU/NU game. I can give a rats ass about a Texas carnival deciding when their games are played. My point was, if the Big12 pushes for us to not have that game that day on national TV, you can kiss the game goodbye.

I understand; I just don't see them doing that. Traditional games aren't moved because one side is sucking or whatever. This is still a big game and ABC knows it. If CU sticks in the Big 12 and Hawk is out, it will eventually be just fine. If ABC stuck with the game in the 00s when both CU and NU had a period of sucking at the same time, they won't move it now with NU on the rise. Eventually, CU will regain its pulse and this question will be totally moot.

The ****sters have been nothing special for some time now. We have nothing in common with them culturally or with regard to educational standards. It would be good to simply be done with them. Really, who cares where they end up?

Pretty high and mighty aren't we? :rolling_eyes:

Right now I want to see CU/NU for the next 2 seasons and then replaced with CU/Utah and battling it out for the PAC 10 Mountain Division Title to play The Weasel's UCLA Bruins out of the Oceanic Division for the PAC 10 Title.

Why would you want to play the H U S K E R S every year? Out of 68 games the mighty buffs have managed 18 wins and 2 ties! Do you all like getting you ass kicked on a regular basis?

Why would you want to play the H U S K E R S every year? Out of 68 games the mighty buffs have managed 18 wins and 2 ties! Do you all like getting you ass kicked on a regular basis?

Yeah, jeez, sorry for getting excited about a football game. My mistake--I forgot all games with the dreaded huskers should be approached with great reluctance and terror. Football should only be fun for nebraska fans. You're right, CU doesn't need to play nebraska if we leave the conference; only the Sun Belt Conference is required to offer annual sacrifices to the terrifying corn huskers of nebraska.

Back