What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I just want to win -- HC situation

Another name to consider would be Gene Chizik. Great track record and has helped turn that UNC program around quickly. Recruiting ties to FLA and TX and a name recruits would recognize.

Another name to consider would be Gene Chizik. Great track record and has helped turn that UNC program around quickly. Recruiting ties to FLA and TX and a name recruits would recognize.

Define "great" when it comes to his record as a HC.

No no no.

Me likey Durkin and Nussmeier

Do we really think RG is going to fire Mac though? Seemed like that was off the table when we executed the moral victory over USC?

Getting scraped by Wazzu is always a little bit of a nut punch, but not really anything worse than that opening season nut punch followed by a couple stomps by the Rainbows while we're curled up on the ground in the fetal position.

I have no idea what will happen. George was asked about MacIntyre's future and said he would be the coach next year. That may really be the case. Or it could be that he did not want any controversy during the season by saying he would evaluate MacIntyre after the season. Part of me believes that a coach that has won 2 conference games in 3 years, both over teams that were going winless in conference is going to be evaluated on is he the right man for the job. Especially with a fan base that is deteriorating. I am just not sure the decision is set in stone.

Not hard to figure out who was the main reason for that national championship year though.
You can apply revisionist history and tilt any athletic accomplishment to fit your view. The fact is that team went 14-0 and won a National Championship with Chizik at the helm. Perhaps Gene is better suited as a DC than an HC, but he is certainly a candidate that would deserve a hard look.

You can apply revisionist history and tilt any athletic accomplishment to fit your view. The fact is that team went 14-0 and won a National Championship with Chizik at the helm. Perhaps Gene is better suited as a DC than an HC, but he is certainly a candidate that would deserve a hard look.

Not revisionist at all, considering I watched 90% of the games Chizik coached at Auburn. He is not well-suited to be a P5 head coach.

If he loses to Utah, he will have not won a single game in 3 years that we were not supposed to win. Our 10 wins are:

Cal & Oregon St - Two reeling, injury riddled programs early in a rebuild.
Two Wins against CSU
One Win Against Hawaii
Two wins against UMass
Three wins against FCS

After 3 years, we're only capable of beating lower level schools and P5 schools that are in the middle of a complete meltdown. And our recruiting has parodied our on the field performance.

If he loses to Utah, he will have not won a single game in 3 years that we were not supposed to win. Our 10 wins are:

Two Wins against CSU
One Win Against Hawaii
Two wins against UMass
Three wins against FCS

After 3 years, we're only capable of beating lower level schools and P5 schools that are in the middle of a complete meltdown. And our recruiting has parodied our on the field performance.

dont disagree....especially with whole offense this year taking a turn for the worse...as much as i like mm as a person and i also think he's an honerable man who i would want to have coaching my son...its just not working...pretty soon home attendence will be down to 30k a game if this keeps up! maybe nice guys cant win anymore?????

dont disagree....especially with whole offense this year taking a turn for the worse...as much as i like mm as a person and i also think he's an honerable man who i would want to have coaching my son...its just not working...pretty soon home attendence will be down to 30k a game if this keeps up! maybe nice guys cant win anymore?????

Dude is making $2m/yr. This is the big leagues. Win or GTFO. There thousands and thousands of opportunities to coach, educate, mentor and make a difference in the lives of young men. That's called high school football. When you take the big money then it's all about the big money and bottom line results. The ROI on MM is a bust, a failed investment.

Two Wins against CSU
One Win Against Hawaii
Two wins against UMass
Three wins against FCS

that's a kick in the nuts

The only way I see MM being fired is if RG has a home run already lined up. I would not expect him to be fired with a lengthy search ensuing this year. Next season, if the desired results are not achieved, would be a different story.

The only way I see MM being fired is if RG has a home run already lined up. I would not expect him to be fired with a lengthy search ensuing this year. Next season, if the desired results are not achieved, would be a different story.

If he doesn't have his homework done in lining up a replacement the he has not done his job. Maybe not lined up, but lots of prep work done.

Dude is making $2m/yr. This is the big leagues. Win or GTFO. There thousands and thousands of opportunities to coach, educate, mentor and make a difference in the lives of young men. That's called high school football. When you take the big money then it's all about the big money and bottom line results. The ROI on MM is a bust, a failed investment.

i dont disagree

If he doesn't have his homework done in lining up a replacement the he has not done his job. Maybe not lined up, but lots of prep work done.
My point is, I think Rick George is 100% prepared to "stay the course" with MM for a 4th year, unless there is another option with strong mutual interest (potentially even approaching RG in whatever back channel way) that he simply cannot pass up.

The idea that RG would fire MM this year and then conduct a standard coaching search (along with seemingly half of the P5 teams in the country) is crazy.

He is not losing because he is a nice guy. He is losing because he has been ineffective at recruiting.

The rebuild process many talk about is not the same. This team has talent at many key areas, but it is lacking a strong frontline and coaching at many areas. If you can't big name coach, you keep MacIntyre for the year, but if you can improve your head coaching and get better without hoping to get better it is a no brainer. I hope LSU is dumb enough to fire Les and McCartney and Rick George work the backdoor to bring him back in here.

My point is, I think Rick George is 100% prepared to "stay the course" with MM for a 4th year, unless there is another option with strong mutual interest (potentially even approaching RG in whatever back channel way) that he simply cannot pass up.

The idea that RG would fire MM this year and then conduct a standard coaching search (along with seemingly half of the P5 teams in the country) is crazy.

Agreed, no reason to make a change if the change isn't worth the cost of the change. You don't fire MM to get another MM.

My last season as a season ticket holder was 2007. This was for good reason as my oldest started soccer that year, Soccer ended for us 2 years ago and I simply see no reason to reinvest.

We all have our reasons. The football program is the flagship to the entire AD. A purchase of football tickets is tablestakes for allowing CU athletes to showcase their talents at the highest level. Buying football tickets is an endorsement of every coach and every athlete within each and every CU sport.

Sure a CU booster could and should buy tickets to some other sports and / or make donations that help assist in CU achieving its mission.

But if you are only looking at the football tickets as an economic decision based upon the performance of the football team, then you are more aptly described as a CU sports consumer and casual fan.

Pass...unless you think he's also going to bring in his "incentive" system that lands us the next Cam Newton. Auburn has all but admitted to buying that championship, what they did just wasn't against the rules at that time.

WTF?

Two Wins against CSU
One Win Against Hawaii
Two wins against UMass
Three wins against FCS

Ugh, the brutal truth. I gave him a pass the 1st two years but expected 5 wins as the minimum this year. Still can't wash the bad taste of that Hawaii loss out of my mouth. If we beat Utah I will say he met minimum standards for this season at least.

We all have our reasons. The football program is the flagship to the entire AD. A purchase of football tickets is tablestakes for allowing CU athletes to showcase their talents at the highest level. Buying football tickets is an endorsement of every coach and every athlete within each and every CU sport.

Sure a CU booster could and should buy tickets to some other sports and / or make donations that help assist in CU achieving its mission.

But if you are only looking at the football tickets as an economic decision based upon the performance of the football team, then you are more aptly described as a CU sports consumer and casual fan.

Exactly, would CU even have a swimming and diving program without football? How about men's baseball, tennis and soccer?

Ugh, the brutal truth. I gave him a pass the 1st two years but expected 5 wins as the minimum this year. Still can't wash the bad taste of that Hawaii loss out of my mouth. If we beat Utah I will say he met minimum standards for this season at least.

I think that's what most posters were saying. I don't think most posters were anticipating the Pac 12 being as mediocre as it is this season.

Back