What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I know this will make some people angry...

I don't think most CU fans appreciate Syracuse for the football program they've had through the years. Bias against the East Coast.

1 National Championship
Barely missed out on a 2nd in 1987
1 Heisman
Just under 700 all-time wins at 58% clip

CU and 'Cuse are very similar. Both in NFL states that don't produce enough talent to support a national program. They go to NJ, PA and the Atlantic Coast states down to Florida to recruit. We go to California and Texas.

I'm jealous of their basketball program, but they're so well set up for that. The Big Apple does nothing for football recruiting, but it's pretty much all you need for hoops.

Thanks for the thread. Nice attempt to be the voice of reason. I don't see anybody booing the Buffs. I see the entire Buff nation terribly unhappy with the direction we are going and they are vocal about it. Some are calling for the staffs head. Some feel the Buffs are soft and fold under adversity. Some even find it necessary to withdraw financial support to make a statement. If any or all of this makes us bad fans then so be it. It seems much more reasonable to me that there is a right to have some expectations based on the support we have been asked to give. Everything has a price - everything. They want support, then there should be a reason to give that support. At this point in time there isn't much of a reason to give that support. They sure want the dollars the football program brings in. That being the case they should give us a program that we will want to give dollars to.

We have a bad, bad team right now. If I am a bad fan then I guess I fit right in with the trend.

I don't think most CU fans appreciate Syracuse for the football program they've had through the years. Bias against the East Coast.

1 National Championship
Barely missed out on a 2nd in 1987
1 Heisman
Just under 700 all-time wins at 58% clip

CU and 'Cuse are very similar. Both in NFL states that don't produce enough talent to support a national program. They go to NJ, PA and the Atlantic Coast states down to Florida to recruit. We go to California and Texas.

I'm jealous of their basketball program, but they're so well set up for that. The Big Apple does nothing for football recruiting, but it's pretty much all you need for hoops.

:thumbsup:

Oh, dear Christ. Is this even serious? You are screechiest, lesast restrained, most emotional poster on this entire board. Seriously, none screechier, less restrained or more emotional. I hope you're not implying otherwise. Sorry for the personal attack, but you were due.

First of all ... (and perhaps I needed to be more specific for some of you) ... I meant the CU FOOTBALL board, on which I am incredibly restrained. :smile2:

Maybe it's because my association with (and fandom of) CU only goes back as far as '95, when I matriculated to CU Law. But CU has been my primary school rooting interest since then, mostly because football has rarely if ever been important at my undergrad school ... and even more rarely successful. :huh:

Or maybe, it's because I realize that football is a GAME, intended for entertainment and social purposes ... and not to increase by osmosis the self-esteem of those who need it because they have little else of importance going on in their lives. Mind you, I HATE it when the Buffs lose .. and absolutley DESPISE it when we lose to teams that we shouldn't. But I try to maintain perspective.

And not that I need to prove that I bleed Black, Gold and Silver, but after graduation from law school I went to every home game I could after performing volunteer parking attendant duties, which I did for 10 years (at first because I needed the free ticket they gave as comp, but continued to do it for several years even after I could afford season tickets).

If your ad hominem reference to my on-board demeanor on the politics board ... you might have a point. But in my mind, who and what party are going to lead the nation for the next few years is a LOT more important than how many games CU wins or who coaches them. Maybe I'm naive ... but I call it having perspective.

And when lies, distortions, and/or half truths are posted by others on that board that can easily be disproved or refuted, I can get a little "adversarial" as it were. I guess it's just the lawyer in me .. I defend my client and attack those who do not have IMO my client's best interests at heart.

And when I talk about my "clients" ... I could include another proof of my service to CU ... but in fact it's nobody's damn business.

ChemE and other reasonable posters on THIS board, i.e., FOOTBALL ... have already posted how 1) Embree getting fired now (or stepping down) ain't gonna happen ... and 2) even if it could, it would be a TERRIBLE idea.

So everybody ... settle down. Write the AD if you want. Write the BOR if you think it will do any good. Call for the top administration to step down or be fired ... but know this. That in the face of drastic state reduction in support for CU, they've actually managed to not only maintain CU's national profile ACADEMICALLY, but to improve it. And in addition, this past year they broke fundraising goals and records for the university in general. You may not believe it or like it ... but first and foremost CU is an academic and research institution.

And if you don't like that ... then maybe some of you should just become Alabama fans and admit that you're frontrunners and bandwaggoners ... and stop pretending to love CU because it's an excellent academic instituition on the most beautiful campus in the country at which you received a superior education and experience. (me saying that ought to piss a lot of you off ... but I could give two ****s :lol:)

I truly believe that CU football will be back ... and even though I'm 62 and don't know how many years I have left, I am willing to be patient ... because I know that after things like the "scandal" and the Halkins years, there is much to recover from. But I am willing to give JE the time to do it ... at least another year after this one ... and more after that if he shows progress the rest of this year and next.

But maybe that's just me.

Now I'm gonna watch the Broncos ...

Last edited:
They sure want the dollars the football program brings in. That being the case they should give us a program that we will want to give dollars to.

Sacky said we are doing fine when it comes to money. If that is the case and CU not having a winning season since 2005 I don't see what would motivate the administration all of the sudden to care about if the football program is good or not.

but know this. That in the face of drastic state reduction in support for CU, they've actually managed to not only maintain CU's national profile ACADEMICALLY, but to improve it. And in addition, this past year they broke fundraising goals and records for the university in general. You may not believe it or like it ... but first and foremost CU is an academic and research institution.

And if you don't like that ... then maybe some of you should just become Alabama fans and admit that you're frontrunners and bandwaggoners ... and stop pretending to love CU because it's an excellent academic instituition on the most beautiful campus in the country at which you received a superior education and experience. (me saying that ought to piss a lot of you off ... but I could give two ****s :lol:)

It's okay to half-ass a football program because we are treading water academically. I got it. In every endeavor, regardless of what it is, nothing short of excellence is acceptable. At least in my life. I'd like for CU to believe in that mantra too. You can be whatever whoever you want to be. None of my business.

And trust me, your slightly condescending tone to fabricate this facade of 'educated indifference' rings a little hollow and dare say it ... reeks of academia.

Last edited:
First of all ... (and perhaps I needed to be more specific for some of you) ... I meant the CU FOOTBALL board, on which I am incredibly restrained. :smile2:

Maybe it's because my association with (and fandom of) CU only goes back as far as '95, when I matriculated to CU Law. But CU has been my primary school rooting interest since then, mostly because football has rarely if ever been important at my undergrad school ... and even more rarely successful. :huh:

Or maybe, it's because I realize that football is a GAME, intended for entertainment and social purposes ... and not to increase by osmosis the self-esteem of those who need it because they have little else of importance going on in their lives. Mind you, I HATE it when the Buffs lose .. and absolutley DESPISE it when we lose to teams that we shouldn't. But I try to maintain perspective.

And not that I need to prove that I bleed Black, Gold and Silver, but after graduation from law school I went to every home game I could after performing volunteer parking attendant duties, which I did for 10 years (at first because I needed the free ticket they gave as comp, but continued to do it for several years even after I could afford season tickets).

If your ad hominem reference to my on-board demeanor on the politics board ... you might have a point. But in my mind, who and what party are going to lead the nation for the next few years is a LOT more important than how many games CU wins or who coaches them. Maybe I'm naive ... but I call it having perspective.

And when lies, distortions, and/or half truths are posted by others on that board that can easily be disproved or refuted, I can get a little "adversarial" as it were. I guess it's just the lawyer in me .. I defend my client and attack those who do not have IMO my client's best interests at heart.

And when I talk about my "clients" ... I could include another proof of my service to CU ... but in fact it's nobody's damn business.

ChemE and other reasonable posters on THIS board, i.e., FOOTBALL ... have already posted how 1) Embree getting fired now (or stepping down) ain't gonna happen ... and 2) even if it could, it would be a TERRIBLE idea.

So everybody ... settle down. Write the AD if you want. Write the BOR if you think it will do any good. Call for the top administration to step down or be fired ... but know this. That in the face of drastic state reduction in support for CU, they've actually managed to not only maintain CU's national profile ACADEMICALLY, but to improve it. And in addition, this past year they broke fundraising goals and records for the university in general. You may not believe it or like it ... but first and foremost CU is an academic and research institution.

I truly believe that CU football will be back ... and even though I'm 62 and don't know how many years I have left, I am willing to be patient ... because I know that after things like the "scandal" and the Halkins years, there is much to recover from. But I am willing to give JE the time to do it ... at least another year after this one ... and more after that if he shows progress the rest of this year and next.

But maybe that's just me.

Now I'm gonna watch the Broncos ...
LB, he's a Virginia Lobbyist(er?). Need we say more?

BLUF: Any BCS coach that loses to a Div II should be in the hot seat. Not all should get fired but in this case we have seen that Embree did not work out. I'm sure he loves the Buffs as much if not more than both most of us here but he's a bust. Need a new HC at the end of the season, or let BC put some fire in this team because JE and EB are not getting it done. In fact let them leave with their heads held high and their legendary status intact knowing that at least they tried.

Resigning at the end of season is the decent thing to do, especially after only 1 or 2 win season.

Back