What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I saw this article a few days ago...

I think it is real to some extent. The Internet and recruiting rankings have gotten so huge with Fan bases the coaches job security can be affected by the perception of his recruiting. So I am sure that many staffs look at how they are doing on the recruiting trail.

The irony is that the internet pay sites base their rankings primarily on university interest (according to an insider). It's a vicious circle...

Coach Hawk has stated that this last recruiting class was his best. This clearly flies in the face of what Rivals/Scout thinks. I trust Hawk on this one.

I think it is real to some extent. The Internet and recruiting rankings have gotten so huge with Fan bases the coaches job security can be affected by the perception of his recruiting. So I am sure that many staffs look at how they are doing on the recruiting trail.

:yeahthat:

The other thing is that staffs used to be somewhat limited in finding talent to areas where they were able to follow programs personally or other places where they had contacts of some kind. Now, these services put a list of talent nationwide right at their fingertips. To not at least look at it would be silly. To let the evaluations by the recruiting sites make your recruiting decisions for you would be total stupidity, though... :huh:

I don't doubt that it helps staffs identify talent outside of their geographical region, but I still maintain that article made it sound like it went beyond that at Miami for several years.

:yeahthat:

The other thing is that staffs used to be somewhat limited in finding talent to areas where they were able to follow programs personally or other places where they had contacts of some kind. Now, these services put a list of talent nationwide right at their fingertips. To not at least look at it would be silly. To let the evaluations by the recruiting sites make your recruiting decisions for you would be total stupidity, though... :huh:

Exactly, it would be crazy to think that any major program totally ignores these sites, if nothing else they're doing all this information gathering for them. But in the end it really needs to come down to the coaches' in-person and film evaluations of each player.

Back