What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

i think CU will beat wsu...

Liver

modded mod
Club Member
Junta Member
based upon what we have seen so far, there seems to be little doubt that we're in for a brutal season, but i think we'll win some home games, including this one.

we don't have the horses, but i do like the schemes and coaching. this is a rebuilding year and we do have a young staff. they are going through growing pains, just like the team.

the consensus seems to be 2-3 wins total, but i think we'll do a bit better than that. ... not anything to write home about, but i think by the end of the year, the team will at least be showing that it can hang with the in-conference teams (other than the very best).

i don't know what to make of the recruiting thus far-- the guys all appear to be physically impressive, even when some are perhaps not as highly rated. we'll see. i think we're probably a good 2-3 years away from possibly mattering again and that bugs me, but it is what it is...

why don't you start small and say we will only have a major mistake on 50% of our special teams plays.

Football is a week to week game. We beat Wazzu and a few more Pac-12 teams this season.

Get the special teams fixed, and who knows how many we will win. Still don't understand the left foot rugby kick that dug a huge hole early against OSU.

This team is much better at home, so we'll see if that helps us this week and for the rest of the home games this year.

I think it's probably 70/30 that we win on Saturday. Wazzu's passing game has impressed me, but only one of their 3 games has been against a team with a pulse (and they lost that one 42-24)..

We desperately need to improve special teams. If (and it's a big "if") we can manage that, we'll be much better. We could also use a first down or two in the first quarter. Now that we're a few weeks in I hope EB will show some confidence in other players on offense. Would be nice to see a lot more of Tony Jones and maybe even Josh Ford. Would also be nice to see some other receivers in on the action. And Thornton at TE.

The field position holes we were in @ OSU cannot be underestimated. It affected momentum, confidence, playcalling, the crowd, and on and on. And this was for a team with no margin for error coming in confidence-wise due to the losing streak. If we get average special teams at the Shoe, it is a one score game in the 4th. We are absolutely going to knock some teams off at home this year, WSU we should handle similar to CSU... the road is a different story, it is so mental now that we need some breaks to go for us somehow and get a win for things to look up on the road.

The field position holes we were in @ OSU cannot be underestimated. It affected momentum, confidence, playcalling, the crowd, and on and on. And this was for a team with no margin for error coming in confidence-wise due to the losing streak. If we get average special teams at the Shoe, it is a one score game in the 4th. We are absolutely going to knock some teams off at home this year, WSU we should handle similar to CSU... the road is a different story, it is so mental now that we need some breaks to go for us somehow and get a win for things to look up on the road.

the only games left on schedule where we are totally and completely outgunned from an athletic perspective are oregon, stanford, and usc. most of the other teams are better, no doubt, but only those 3 are talented like ohio state (or more talented). given that i am a shameless ****ing homer, maybe we win the rest of them and finish with 7 wins. i know, it won't happen, but i can still dream. we are a few years away from being impactful again and that is highly dependent on whether this is the right staff.

I hope we handle WSU better that we did CSU (of course, I'd probably take a win anyway we can get it at this point). I'm very patient with Embo and company, they've got a multi year building job. But I'd say after four games, it's time we come out and show a f****** pulse before the halfway mark of the 2nd quarter.

We're definitely beating WSU this weekend.

I think we end up with 4 or 5 wins actually. CSU, WSU, Zona, UCLA, and maybe one more that won't make logical sense.

Pass the kool-aid....

WSU and maybe AZ, anything beyond that is requires a minor miracle. This team needs to be de-Hawked before anything real can happen. That was about the most piss poor ST performance I have ever seen. ST is largely a matter of coaching, yes you have to have guys who can kick the ball etc. but a great deal of the eff ups were mental errors...that is a very bad sign.

This team has some bright spots, but IMO is not talented enough across the board, or deep enough to compete in the P12. CU is a couple of years away from being relevant, thanks to D II and Bohn.

the only games left on schedule where we are totally and completely outgunned from an athletic perspective are oregon, stanford, and usc. most of the other teams are better, no doubt, but only those 3 are talented like ohio state (or more talented). given that i am a shameless ****ing homer, maybe we win the rest of them and finish with 7 wins. i know, it won't happen, but i can still dream. we are a few years away from being impactful again and that is highly dependent on whether this is the right staff.

I don't think any of those teams are as talented as Ohio State, except for maybe USC. Coaching and experience matters, of course, and Oregon and Stanford will be the best two teams we play this year, but I am not sure that the kids will be as physically talented a team like they saw this past weekend in a long, long time.

I don't think any of those teams are as talented as Ohio State, except for maybe USC. Coaching and experience matters, of course, and Oregon and Stanford will be the best two teams we play this year, but I am not sure that the kids will be as physically talented a team like they saw this past weekend in a long, long time.

Our rushing average's against OSU were damn solid, which is a ray of hope. Bahktiari being back has to help. And Hansen had some beautiful passes down the seam to the TE. Too bad we left the run too early and then tried to get cute with a read option that the most clutch QB EVAR ****ed up royally.

I'm pretty sure this was the WORST coaching job this staff has done in their short time at CU. Brown did OK, but Embree, Bienemy, and Brookhart all had horrible days.

Our rushing average's against OSU were damn solid, which is a ray of hope. Bahktiari being back has to help. And Hansen had some beautiful passes down the seam to the TE. Too bad we left the run too early and then tried to get cute with a read option that the most clutch QB EVAR ****ed up royally.

I'm pretty sure this was the WORST coaching job this staff has done in their short time at CU. Brown did OK, but Embree, Bienemy, and Brookhart all had horrible days.

I have yet to watch the replay, but from the stands it seemed like you are giving hansen more than he is due. He consistently missed open receivers and even some of his completions were really not great passes. The td on fourth down looked like complete luck and one of the passes down the middle to the tight end was a real floater that just barely got there in time.

He really needs to learn to step into the pocket (when there is one) and stop throwing off of his back foot.

I have yet to watch the replay, but from the stands it seemed like you are giving hansen more than he is due. He consistently missed open receivers and even some of his completions were really not great passes. The td on fourth down looked like complete luck and one of the passes down the middle to the tight end was a real floater that just barely got there in time.

He really needs to learn to step into the pocket (when there is one) and stop throwing off of his back foot.
Ya, on re-reading it does seem like I was praising Hansen. Let me be clear; He WASN'T good. His YPA was 6.1. That is cody esque. His 2 TD passes came on a miracle to Tclem and in a garbage time pass. He took a quarter or 2 to get into the game, AGAIN. It was rough.

That said, those passes to Deehan were ****ing NICE. I will always wonder what could have been if HaLk hadn't totally ****ed Tyler up.

Ya, on re-reading it does seem like I was praising Hansen. Let me be clear; He WASN'T good. His YPA was 6.1. That is cody esque. His 2 TD passes came on a miracle to Tclem and in a garbage time pass. He took a quarter or 2 to get into the game, AGAIN. It was rough.

That said, those passes to Deehan were ****ing NICE. I will always wonder what could have been if HaLk hadn't totally ****ed Tyler up.
Don't we all...

On paper, the combination of Wood and Dillon *should* be very solid at QB for CU for the next 6 years. Neither of those guys are able to play this year, though. And we probably wouldn't want them to even if they could. Tyler has the most experience, and though he's not going to set the world on fire, he can make some plays.

I'm optimistic about the future, but I'm pessimistic about their chances to win more than 5 games this year. Unless we get lucky and UW or ASU or UU implodes, we don't have the horses to win more than a few games this year. Sucks.

To be honest....Hansen has never showed any consistency or anything that would make me think there is or ever would have been anything better from him........I honestly found myself yearning for Cody this past weekend and I can definitely see why Hawk would get the itch to keep yanking them around as both of them are just down right mediocre at best QB's, but at least Cody was consistent

HaLk's biggest blunder wasn't swapping between the 2 QB's.....it was the fact that those were the 2 best and only QB's on our team

I'm nervous now for any game, but we SHOULD beat Wazzu, especially at home. I'm still pissed from the last time they came to Folsom. They kicked our asses. 47-something.

GO BUFFS!

Just punt normally and dont kick out of bounds and we should win this game. As everybody has stated, special teams are literally murdering out chance in these games. Eliminate just the really bad stuff and CU has the horses to beat Wazzu at home.

CU will beat Wazzu if:

We score first quarter points.... any points....

Their starting field position is on their half of the 50... please?!

We win the turnover battle.

WE DON'T GET 10 MOTHER F***ING PENALTIES FOR 100 MOTHER F***ING YARDS AGAIN!

WE KEEP THE KICKOFFS INSIDE THE FIELD OF PLAY?!?!?! PLEASE?!?!

We are a different team at home, so there is cause for optimism. I may be crazy but I think the offensive line is steadily improving, so that is encouraging. However, the focus and effort from the players is all over the place. Embree preached how we had to out-work everyone due to our lack of talent. I don't think they got the message.

To be honest....Hansen has never showed any consistency or anything that would make me think there is or ever would have been anything better from him........I honestly found myself yearning for Cody this past weekend and I can definitely see why Hawk would get the itch to keep yanking them around as both of them are just down right mediocre at best QB's, but at least Cody was consistent

HaLk's biggest blunder wasn't swapping between the 2 QB's.....it was the fact that those were the 2 best and only QB's on our team

I agree that Hansen is inconsistent and Cody was more consistent, but Hansen just makes more plays. For all the missed throws that people harp on, he doesn't seem to get credit for the really outstanding plays he makes. Two weeks in a row he's been on the run and made TD throws to a WR in the end zone. No way Cody makes those plays. Hansen's thrown only 1 int. this season. Yes, he misses some passes, but he's not the one killing the offense. I don't think he's been called for holding one time!

Preseason is over! Let's start Hirschman, work on special teams all week, and cut out the dumb penalties. We can compete. At least we can have a real fresh start in league play.

We desperately need to improve special teams. If (and it's a big "if") we can manage that, we'll be much better. We could also use a first down or two in the first quarter. Now that we're a few weeks in I hope EB will show some confidence in other players on offense. Would be nice to see a lot more of Tony Jones and maybe even Josh Ford. Would also be nice to see some other receivers in on the action. And Thornton at TE.

I know this won't be a popular opinion (mods, remove this if you must), but special teams are where you really see a teams' depth. I think that beyond the starting 22, there isn't a wealth of D1 talent on the roster. I think Embo's fixing that, but I don't think we're going to magically have better STs by the end of the year.

Preseason is over! Let's start Hirschman, work on special teams all week, and cut out the dumb penalties. We can compete. At least we can have a real fresh start in league play.

Pretty much agree on everything except for the Hirschman. Hansen hasn't been spectacular, but he has been smart with the ball and his TD/Int ratio is outstanding. I'm all for giving him plenty more time.

Back