What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I thought the Rddler left with DII....

leftybuff

Unreconstructed Luddite
Club Member
special teams play was horrendous...simply horrendous. Add in stupid penalties (really how hard is it to get seven guys on the LOS?) and you have a recipe for disaster.

TH played OK, Speedy needs to figure out which arm goes up on handoffs...unbelievable.

WSU and maybe AZ are this team's best chances to avoid getting shut out in P12 play in CU's inaugural season.

UGH.

ST play left us out to dry, plain and simple from the opening kick of the game. I don't care if you have a hybrid of the Patriots offense and the Jets defense, you aren't going to win many games losing the field position battle like we did today. I don't think that I have ever seen a more woeful and pathetic effort from ST before. How hard is it to start a drive outside of the 20? Honestly, just let the ball roll into the endzone and we would be way better off. Catching punts inside the 5, kickoffs out of bounds after a big momentum shift TD...AGAIN, letting the opponent return it past the 50 every time you don't kick it out of bounds. The end of the first half was an absolute ST nightmare. Huge momentum swinging TD where we would of headed into the locker room only down 10 while getting the ball first in the second half and we completely meltdown on ST and let OSU feel good about themselves by the end of it all.

With the way our ST play shot ourselves in the foot time and time again, I actually thought that we played pretty well. On offense and defense we went toe to toe with Ohio State for a majority of the game. Hopefully we give ourselves a chance on ST against WSU next week and we can get a conference W.

I kind of feel like a lot of this is mental and has carried over from the last years under Hawk.... I am confident that it will get cleaned up in time. As for Speedy it will be fine. He had so many bad plays today but I didn't realize he played the whole game hurt until the post game on the radio.

Positives: Our LB's still look pretty decent on blitz. You have to give Braxton his due. He is a freak. We are going to get sacks on most other QB's in the nation that we just couldn't get on him. Hartigan's spin move is NFL worthy. He is to small to make it in the NFL but he has a very good spin move. I still think Henderson looks like he is going to be real deal back there. I hope he has the work ethic that everyone claims Embree is recruiting because his body type looks great out there and if he puts on 15 mores pounds in the next 3 years he is going to be a very good upperclassman for us.
Negatives: Tyler Hasnen was farily inaccurate with his short game. LB's over pursued a few times.
Disgusting: Special Teams Plays. That stupid shotgun formation on 3rd and 1 that resulted in a fumble. Am I the only one on here who just screams at the T.V. to run a stupid QB sneak on 3rd and 1 every time until a team can stop it. I'm not even sure Ohio St. could.

Also, we should have a fake to the RB throw it to the FB for 2 yards play in our playbook that should work like butter there. I'm just not sure that either one of our FB's can catch. Maybe that would be a good place to have one of our other TE's in.

We have to find a way to get the offense going to start the game. This team starts so slow and has to dig it's way out in every game.

Wasn't it four straight three and outs to start the game. I don't care if you have Ray Guy punting for you. You have to move the ball.

I also thought we were going to be a hard, physical team. I believe in the first two series we ran the ball only one time.

And the kickoffs going out of bounds are just killing us. They just kill the momentum and this team needs all the momentum it can get.

They must bench Castor with the KO team. 4 games and he has 3 out of bounds, and the others are short line drives. He can't be the only option.

Our KR team needs to figure out how to not hold, block in back, and simply run the ball up field. I don't know if it is a total lack of talent on this team, but there has to be someone that can field a kick at the 4 and return it past the 15 without everyone else getting called for penalties.

Out punt team was retarded. I don't know who calls the kicks, but the rugby punt is the dumbest thing ever invented for football. Good to know our kicker can shank the rugby punt with the left and right foot. Ole my ass.

The only thing that has me excited is the FG unit. Another made kick and the kid looks solid.

I don't think I have ever in my life seen a team perform so badly on ST. I was actually at the game and the OSU fans thought our ST was a joke. The guys behind me were saying they have been to games for 20 years and have never seen a team just give OSU so many breaks. After the game several fans said OSU didn't win this one (they were pretty upset about how they played) but gave credit to our ST coach for the win. PATHETIC! You cannot go into OSU and give them 20-50 yard fields all day and expect to win. The sad thing is our D was pretty decent when they didn't get screwed by the ST or a stupid turnover. But another thing that really drove me nuts is the 3rd and short or 4th and short calls. If we wanna be a running team BE A RUNNING TEAM! Someone already pointed out the speedy fumble on 3rd and 1 out of the shotgun... I NEVER want to see CU come out in a shotgun formation on a 3rd or 4th and short. On the road in front of 105k people don't be cute just run the f-ing ball up up the middle. Then apparently EB didn't learn his lesson early and on 4th and 1 later in the game he called a rollout and we got REALLY lucky the clemmons caught a TD pass. Again stop being cute and run the damn ball. We are not a good enough team or disciplined enough to take these gambles and overcome these errors.

They must bench Castor with the KO team. 4 games and he has 3 out of bounds, and the others are short line drives. He can't be the only option.

Our KR team needs to figure out how to not hold, block in back, and simply run the ball up field. I don't know if it is a total lack of talent on this team, but there has to be someone that can field a kick at the 4 and return it past the 15 without everyone else getting called for penalties.

Out punt team was retarded. I don't know who calls the kicks, but the rugby punt is the dumbest thing ever invented for football. Good to know our kicker can shank the rugby punt with the left and right foot. Ole my ass.

The only thing that has me excited is the FG unit. Another made kick and the kid looks solid.

So I was at the game and couldn't tell but didn't they bench Castor after the kick out of bounds? I don't think I saw him again after that.

I kind of feel like a lot of this is mental and has carried over from the last years under Hawk.... I am confident that it will get cleaned up in time. As for Speedy it will be fine. He had so many bad plays today but I didn't realize he played the whole game hurt until the post game on the radio.

A - you used the term "cleaned up". F. From now on, that term should be known as UNF***ED.
B - I don't care if he was playing in his hometown, letting your "star" player play the whole game AND on special teams...against a physical team like OSU and the week before conference play starts is simply coaching retardation.

Back