What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I was afraid the moment was too big

This. I don't understand how the moment was too big. This is not the Oregon of recent years. I see very little that tells me this team is better than last year's.

Did you read the comments last week from Spruce about how the program keeps getting to tipping points and not capitalizing? That there's a lot of positives going on, but a real danger of missing the moment?

This week was big and the team felt it. Beating Oregon would have been a BFD.

For whatever reason we came out completely flat in the 2H, which I don't get. That dismal 3 and out was the harbinger, yeah we made it close, but there is no way we were outclassed by a far superior team. Again, it was our game, but we don't know how to win these. The one thing I do know, with the HUGE investment being made in facilities, we'd better figure out how to win some of these. We can't have the shiniest toys on the block and an under achieving team playing with them.

For whatever reason we came out completely flat in the 2H, which I don't get. That dismal 3 and out was the harbinger, yeah we made it close, but there is no way we were outclassed by a far superior team. Again, it was our game, but we don't know how to win these. The one thing I do know, with the HUGE investment being made in facilities, we'd better figure out how to win some of these. We can't have the shiniest toys on the block and an under achieving team playing with them.

We have had a history of coming out of halftime slow but this one was especially bad. Should have been pumped and instead we looked flat and confused.

I do think that a big part of our second half lack of performance what that with the injuries we were terrible on the OL and Oregon abused us there

Even with that you hit a big point. Teams have to learn how to win, how to finish a job, how to make good things happen when they have to. This team doesn't do that. We failed to show up at Hawaii against a team that we should be much better than and last night we had a team that came into the game ready to lose and we gave them life.

People get excited about being 17-17 at half then flopping in the second half. I think that had we not shot ourselves in the foot we could have been up 10 at half.

The 14pts off of 3 CU turnovers is what cost us the game. You cannot give a team like Oregon extra possessions. I understand they are not the Oregon of the past few years, but they are still extremely dangerous on offense. Combine that with terrible run defense due to lack of speed, and a QB who started finding a rhythm in the second quarter only to go into half time and have his should get cold and stiff again.

The stage was large and the team came out pressing. Lindgren didn't do any favors on our first drive having sefo go 3 straight times down the field only to go 3 and out. This was a game where we should have leaned on our run game and we ignored it. Frustrated because it was there for us. Encouraged because this I didn't feel hopeless against Oregon like I have in the past.

Need Sefo and Gillam healthy asap. The offense needs the accurate sefo from years past, and the D needs some speed at LB.

Coming out flat in the 3rd may be more on this staff than on the players. I am worried this team will not win a game in the Pac 12 again this year. I just do not have any confidence in this staff as I think they are in over their heads.

It was there for them, they didn't take it. They don't know how to win yet. Yeah a pretty big ****ing deal. Take it when it's there.

Loved hearing the "CU is the same old CU" on the radio during my drive into work this morning. :mad:

This is where I am now. I am tired of the warm fuzzies, tired of hearing we are getting close, tired of excuses, and tired of the injury thing...

I watch a lot of college football. There are teams at all levels, all conferences that deal with the same issues... What the Buffs need are players to step up and make plays. We need a player or two to BE A MAN and make a name for themselves - that is the reason most of them signed with the Buffs in the 1st place?
The kids have the opportunity to do something here besides ride the pine behind a stud (we don't have one). Step up, make plays and force your way on to the field. I really feel like this coaching staff WILL play the best player. I really do not think there is favoritism like we have seen with the past two staffs. If you want to start the opportunity is there, seize it. Other kids at other schools do. There are walk-ons at lots of schools that totally bypassed the depth chart by making plays.

So tired of losing and getting a participation ribbon. So tired of being associated with losers, So tired of my kids growing up thinking I root and support losers. So tired of my hard earned money and valuable time being pissed away on Satudays and into early Sundays for bed ****ting contest. These kids need to step the f,u,c,k up.. and quit being pussies. Sometimes you have to make your own way.

driving 3 hours home at 1am listening to all the ways we screwed ourselves during a game is getting really old... I am not a young man anymore. This is hard on me physically and mentally. Could only imagine how these kids parents feel??? If my son was on this team - he would hate even talking to me... I am a little hard on mine, no nice warm fuzzy crap. Get em ready for the real world.

driving 3 hours home at 1am listening to all the ways we screwed ourselves during a game is getting really old... I am not a young man anymore. This is hard on me physically and mentally. Could only imagine how these kids parents feel??? If my son was on this team - he would hate even talking to me... I am a little hard on mine, no nice warm fuzzy crap. Get em ready for the real world.
Do all tough guys whine this much?

Do all tough guys whine this much?
ca164778ed4fc3444acd108eeb408b61.jpg

We have had a history of coming out of halftime slow but this one was especially bad. Should have been pumped and instead we looked flat and confused.

I do think that a big part of our second half lack of performance what that with the injuries we were terrible on the OL and Oregon abused us there

Even with that you hit a big point. Teams have to learn how to win, how to finish a job, how to make good things happen when they have to. This team doesn't do that. We failed to show up at Hawaii against a team that we should be much better than and last night we had a team that came into the game ready to lose and we gave them life.

People get excited about being 17-17 at half then flopping in the second half. I think that had we not shot ourselves in the foot we could have been up 10 at half.

At half, I felt disapointed. We outplayed Oregon and yet we were tied. We missed out on a good opportunity before half-time as we needed to score on our last possession to regain the lead and give us the chance to go up by two scores at the beginnig of the 2nd.

The falling flat at the beginning of the 2H was more than just the team. I was amazed with the outflow of fans at half-time and I didn't feel the same electricity in the stadium that was there in the first. I'm sure many of thier pussies hurt from the cool, wet weather and it being after their bedtime. I'm sure they thought they could just catch the rest of the game on TV.

Problem is that the team could have created the new electricity with a few good plays early, but obviously that didn't happen. This is one of the problems with TV games, just as soon as a momentum changing play occurs, it seems like the jackass in the orange vest steps on the field and the crowd sits down. A good team comes out of those breaks with something to get the crowd going again when at home or keep the crowd on thier butts on the road.

We lost this game because at halftime the Head-coach and players were satisfied with being tied with Oregon. CU had every reason to win this game and set the tone of a confident team making it's way up the PAC12 ladder. Poor QB play is another reason we lost.

The moment was "Too Big" What the heck does that mean. We were playing an unranked opponent at home and the moment is too big. I guess anything more than Nicholls State is a real risk for the MOMENT.

Tell me where this team is improving!!!
No. We were playing a big time program on national tv. The fact that Oregon is down (they screwed themselves at QB) gave us hope that we could get a huge victory. If Oregon was the same team that made it to the Championship game the pressure on CU to win would be gone and all pressure off. Oregon being beatable made the game "Big".
I can understand the frustration of the team improving slowly in a tough conference. But, do You really think this team is not improving?

I guess we have idaho st. next season to look forward to? michigan? csu? not sure MM will be here the following year (2017) to see us play san jose?

Sorry guys. I am just really down on our beloved Buffs. So tired of association to losing. I need to step away and take a break from this site and my love of Buff football. I have more important things going on in my life right now that need my attention. I also am not getting anymore enjoyment. It's been beat out of me and I am just a fan. Could only imagine what the coaches, players and family are feeling. So you guys enjoy. I will be rooting as per usual. I just need to step aside before the anger and disappointment consume me to much more. Not liking who it is making me become. I have no control other then support financially and emotionally.

Good Luck and of course GO BUFFS !

The players on this team are not losers. There is talent and they are playing well. The offensive line gave Sefo a lot of time in the pocket. He is the problem at the moment. I know he is hurt, so its an excuse for his poor playing. What was amazing to me, he had one throw on the run that was dead on with a lot force behind it. Aside from that, he throws in the ground, above the player, no where close. He is inconsistent.. The run opens up the throw, the throw opens up the run. We need a better QB, plain and simple. The Red Shirt that played a few weeks ago looked like the real deal. I can see why MM is playing Sefo hurt. No need to burn the Red Shirt at this point and Gerke is obviously not very good. Two banged up RB's, Powell can run when he is pissed off, the offense is there, just no one to run it. How many turn overs have killed us, Sefo? How many plays were guys wide open, only to be missed, the ball thrown behind them, too soft, or not thrown at all? Sefo. Frustrating as all hell to watch, but never would I call them losers.

The players on this team are not losers. There is talent and they are playing well. The offensive line gave Sefo a lot of time in the pocket. He is the problem at the moment. I know he is hurt, so its an excuse for his poor playing. What was amazing to me, he had one throw on the run that was dead on with a lot force behind it. Aside from that, he throws in the ground, above the player, no where close. He is inconsistent.. The run opens up the throw, the throw opens up the run. We need a better QB, plain and simple. The Red Shirt that played a few weeks ago looked like the real deal. I can see why MM is playing Sefo hurt. No need to burn the Red Shirt at this point and Gerke is obviously not very good. Two banged up RB's, Powell can run when he is pissed off, the offense is there, just no one to run it. How many turn overs have killed us, Sefo? How many plays were guys wide open, only to be missed, the ball thrown behind them, too soft, or not thrown at all? Sefo. Frustrating as all hell to watch, but never would I call them losers.

Sefo had time in the 1st half and he got on a roll. Went 10-12 or something like that before halftime after starting the game 0-3. The second half was a different story. UO made and adjustment and collapsed the pocket almost every play.

The player you are talking about is Apsay. He is a RS-Fr. Agree he needs to be more involved. At least in practice, he needs to take the 2nd team snaps.

The reason he is in there is because the coaches believe he gives us the best opportunity to win. Injury and all. So read into that what you want.

Back