What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I will never go to a RMS

CU vs CSU would be awesome at Mile High. Unfortunately they tore it down a long time ago. Even Bronco games suck at Sports Authority or whatever it will be called.

I had a weeklong class downtown this summer at the Fed with hours that corresponded to rush hours.

I was amazed at how fast the 120X and 122X got me downtown and home again. A couple people in the class were using the Flatiron Flyer and were happy with it as well.

That said RTD has never been good at working with major events like the CU-CSU game.

Über had surge pricing at 2.6x, so a ride would have cost me over $100 from Boulder.

Decided to take RTD.

An hour at the Table Mesa / US 36 stop.

6 scheduled buses came by. Combined, they had room for 1 passenger.

At this point, it would be about 1:15 to get to the stadium (at best), 30-45 minutes to tailgate if I want to get thru security in time for kickoff.

So I'm getting picked up and going home to watch the game. Not worth it to spend as much time at a bus stop & on buses as at the tailgate & game. **** this game!

I think if you had gone to the downtown stop you probably would have gotten on. Or whatever the bus's origin point was.

At $100 get a hotel downtown and make a night of it.

Im in Steamboat and Ive got a great view.

I really think CDOT and RTD could do two things that would make a difference for things like opening day, Monday night football and the RMS.

1- leave the HOV going TO downtown all day long.
2 - run 10x the normal amount of buses (not all routes, but pretty easy to figure out where the fans come from) starting 3 hours before game start.

Been to the game at Mile High three times and saw CU lose every one of them. I'll never attend the game in Denver again. After tonight that seems like a good decision, I'm a bad omen.

I had a weeklong class downtown this summer at the Fed with hours that corresponded to rush hours.

I was amazed at how fast the 120X and 122X got me downtown and home again. A couple people in the class were using the Flatiron Flyer and were happy with it as well.

That said RTD has never been good at working with major events like the CU-CSU game.

SIAP ... but having the RMS at literally the exact same time as a Rox game on Labor Day Weekend and on the eve of "The Taste of Colorado" probably isn't a great idea in the first place. Someone may want to look at that in the future.

Third year in a row attending RMS. First year I took the RTD. Caught the FF1 Express at Superior/Louisville around 3:30. Got on first bus -- long line for the regular FF, but not the Express. After game, line at Union Station was a few hundred bodies long, but they had at least a dozen busses lined up to handle game traffic back to Boulder. I'm on one now, almost back to Louisville.

You had one bad data point tonight, I offer one good data point on tonight's RTD service.

And letting CFB tickets go unused is a cardinal sin @Buffnik , you'll burn in he'll for that.

Last edited:
We drive down and left early. Still wasn't able to get in the lot in a reasonable time. I wish nik had made it. The tailgate was a lot of fun.

We drove up. Left Monument at 3:00. Parked at mile high station for an easy escape. Got a suite this year with friends for a good rate considering its a suite in Mile High stadium. Beer in the suite was offensively expensive but other than that no complaints and the game was great. I dig the RMS

Left Highlands Ranch at 315, parked downtown at MCA for $5. Easy walk to Union Station. Met a buddy who works downtown. Hit the Thirsty Lion for burgers and brews. Took Light Rail from Union Station to and from game, $5. Other than no beer sales at the stadium I don't mind the game being there, but to each their own.

Über had surge pricing at 2.6x, so a ride would have cost me over $100 from Boulder.

Decided to take RTD.

At this point, it would be about 1:15 to get to the stadium (at best), 30-45 minutes to tailgate if I want to get thru security in time for kickoff.

So I'm getting picked up and going home to watch the game. Not worth it to spend as much time at a bus stop & on buses as at the tailgate & game. **** this game!
Should have driven to my house, then ubered I've got a bed for ya!

Decided to take RTD.

Buses? Puhleeeeze!
Could have driven to Westminster to take the light rail. Please join us in the Twentyfirst century! Its rather spiffy!

drove from Longmont and parked near the Pepsi Center for $10.00. Traffic going to the game was not bad. Going home took 1 hr and 15 min.
all in all not bad-

Buses? Puhleeeeze!
Could have driven to Westminster to take the light rail. Please join us in the Twentyfirst century! Its rather spiffy!

I thought about that. Next time I go out in Denver, that's what I'm gonna do.

Traded my 4 tix in this year for 2 in the club seats at the 50 for ASU. Good trade in my opinion. Will never attend one at Mile High again. Last year I got 2 in the champions for are on. Love the trade option.

I take RTD to Denver all the time, and it's great almost all the time. It was packed and overloaded yesterday, but I was able to get on a bus at Broadway & Euclid around 3:15 and make it down with enough time to tailgate some. A few buses did go by first that were full. Trying to get on at Table Mesa was the big mistake, I was coming from work, but otherwise I always get on at the transit center downtown and have no issues. It was packed after the game last night too, especially with the Rockies game, but I just went up to Kitchen Next door and had a couple beers and took a later bus.

Thread title is not true - never is too long and the RMS will happen again someday on campus.

Back