1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Idiot Fans"

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Uncle Ken, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

Okay, I'm sure I didn't hear this correctly. There's no way I heard this correctly. And I was, after all, driving at the time, so I'm sure I didn't hear it correctly.

But...

I was listening to the game on KOA and either Zimmerman or Johnson (I think it was Johnson) was talking about the Brian Howell article warning of the dangers of swapping coaches, and then I thought I heard him say, "Of course some idiot fans had their remarks on the article..."

Did anybody else hear this conversation? Am I totally wrong? Or are fans automatically "idiots" if they think there is a faster way to a competitive football team than bringing back the head coach who had us ranked 120 of 120 teams in the UPS rankings?

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Mark Johnson thinks anyone who complains about the current situation and Embree's performance is a fair weather fan.

As I've said before, we don't have any fair weather fans left.

3. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Soon we won't have any fans left

4. BinaryBuff

BinaryBuff mmmm...beer Club Member

I didn't listen, so I'm not sure. That said, if you disagree with or go against Mac and his plan, then you are an idiot and not a real fan. Real fans would stay the course, shut the **** up, and just keep supporting the team without question. At least I'm pretty sure that's the company line, no?

I wouldn't be surprised if they said that, but they really need to stop blaming fans, stop throwing fans under the bus, and stop insulting fans. We've been put through enough and at this rate, there won't be many left if the performance stays it's current course.

5. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

The fans didn't drive this team--quite literally--from the best in the nation to the worst in 22 years. I understand there were circumstances, but it's still a remarkable achievement.

Hell, we went from a top ten team to the very bottom in 11 years.

Damn fans for not accepting that role. We're silly with our impatience, believing that a coaching change could get more out of the minimal talent we have. Or maybe bring in more...

6. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Then lump me in with the idiots please. I went to my final game as a season ticket holder today until change (HC or higher) is made. The crowd did their best for the Buffs as usual, but were let down as usual. I've seen 1 win in person in Folsom in the last two years. **** that! Mark Johnson can keep calling the exciting play by play of "Holy Cow a 3 yard gain by Tony Jones!!!" if that floats his boat, but I will be no part of it.

7. OrangeBowl

OrangeBowl Club Member Club Member

I doubt Zim would say that,Johnson probably says that 100 times a day

8. 30Something

30Something Distinguished Brotha Club Member

To be fair, 99% of us on this board ARE idiots. However we're not idiots in the context in which it was used. **** 'em. **** 'em all.

OrangeBowl likes this.
  9. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Pssst. Benson's contract ends in 2013 and CU may have a new president by next turkey day.

10. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

We are not idiots, we are idots!

11. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Mark johnson turns every 3 yd run into the championship TD. He's a shill and his "Touchdown colorado" repeat is so cheesy and fake. He can leave with the rest.

12. TheBestMayne

TheBestMayne Member

You'll have to forgive Mark Johnson. He was tired from asking Embree softball questions all year.

13. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Mark Johnson is an IDIOT

14. C(U)3PO

C(U)3PO Member

If you're a glutton for punishment, watch this year-old interview between Mark Johnson and EB

[video=youtube;-ZUKzCVas1I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZUKzCVas1I[/video]

Pretty unsettling when EB is explaining why, despite never being an OC, he is qualified for the position... It starts around 4 minute mark, here's my favorite part:

Johnson can't get enough of his role as mouthpiece of the administration. What a joke.

15. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

:you: idiot.

16. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

guilty... I posted not so nice things in the comment section of that craptastick article-

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  17. lvbuff

lvbuff Well-Known Member