What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If Connor Wood was the starter against CSU, is Embree employed today?

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
The thought just occurred to me that had we started the guy who had all the Spring starter snaps, we *probably* beat both CSU and Sac St., and possibly have the confidence to pull wins at Fresno and UA with potential wins against ASU, UW and UU. By the time we played UCLA, our confidence was shot. I don't think the team had confidence in Webb.

Revionist history is fun. I don't know if it would have made any difference at all, but it's fun to speculate.

I've thought this same thing, but the real question is probably if Shane Dillon didn't get hurt......as I think it's apparent in hindsight that Wood/Webb/Hirsch all equally "struggled", so the only legitimacy to this question would have to be the hope on someone else

As an answer though....if they did not have the most or close to the most inept QB in all of College Football, then NO he would not have been fired as it'd be likely they don't lose the first 2 games.

Last edited:
If we were a 3 win team, yes, JE would still be here IMO.

Could retitle this thread "If JE handled the QB situation throughout the year with any competence, he may very well still be the head coach."

There was no way the Buffs were going to beat Fresno, I don't care who played QB.

But CSU and Sac. State might have turned out differently if another QB had played. They might not, also.

Was HIrschman injured to start the season? He always seemed to be the best QB to me.

Could retitle this thread "If JE handled the QB situation throughout the year with any competence, he may very well still be the head coach."
Exactly. I would not be happy but I never would have called for JE's job. Everyday this woe is me BS drags on I lose respect for JE. Mac too.

Not sure. Connor wasn't that great this year after all (and I was a big supporter initially). Hirsch wasn't that great either but at least he has a big enough arm to keep defenses honest.

I think if Hirsch plays the first few games we beat CSU and Sac St and still get blown out by Fresno and most other teams. But you could erase some of the INT's Hirsch threw against Utah if had more time in the Offense so we'd have won that too.

Prediction: 4-8 Embree still around

No way. As bad as the QB play was this year (by all our QBs), the piss poor coaching was the trump card.

Wood probably would have beaten Sacky State, but Webb made some big plays to beat Washington State. It wouldn't surprise me to have beaten Sacky State and lost to Washington State with Wood starting...and CSU would be a toss-up.

either way we are what we think we are. 1-11 - it is all about the coaching these kids got

Today i join this community because i really like this community football is my favorite game and i want to get more informations about wood and football from here i hope i will get certain informations from here..

Last edited:
Today i join this community because i really like this community football is my favorite game and i want to get more informations about wood and football from here i hope i will get certain informations from here..

If you want informations from this community on wood there are a few guys you might want to ask first... Burrito!

God dammit. Another Husker troll among us.

What does replacing one ineffective QB with another have to do with no halftime adjustments, playing 12yard DB cushions on third and five, no pass rush, no tackling, stale play calling, no discipline, we can go on all day.... It was a complete disaster, not just the wrong QB.

I would also suggest that CSU specifically had less to do with QB play and more to do with the failure to recognize that you dont ask a freshman to return that punt before half and you need to display confidence in your OL to get one yard on fourth and one on the goal line. That comes down to coaching, not QB play.

Could retitle this thread "If JE handled the team's woeful organization, the defensive inefficiencies, the lack of imagination on "O", poor special teams' play, infighting among the staff, AND the QB situation throughout the year with any competence, he may very well still be the head coach."

fify

ALL your informations are belong to us!

If you want informations from this community on wood there are a few guys you might want to ask first... Burrito!
Clearly, there is much wood in this community. To learn about football, you must sit at the feet, (but don't uncover them!), of 'Nik, Duff, 'holic, and the like.

we will only be as good as our QB....good coach or not....Dillion better be it

Couldn't DISAGREE with this more. So much went into the bad QB play last year including bad coaching. IF a good QB does not have a serviceable WR corps, competent playcalling, reasonable protection, then they will not be good and we will not be good. No one component can decide how good we will be.

Rep this man!

If we are going to play the what if game:

If HaLk hadn't screwed up, and Tyler Hansen was actually able to red-shirt, would Embre still be here? I bet he would have brought in Wood, but I doubt he would have brought in Webb. The QB battle would have been in the spring (with TH most likely winning), and I bet Tyler would have beaten CSU and Sac St.

Something else EB can balme HaLk for?

The defense was so atrocious I'm not sure anything would have made a difference. Hirsh may have made the difference in one game, but that's about it IMO. It really boils down to incompetent coordinators and HC.

Back