What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If Hawk wants to avoid these games in the future he better...

“I'm just really disappointed in the penalties,” said Erickson following the game. “There's no excuse for that. It's not going to happen ever again, because they (the offending players) aren't going to play. We had some, particularly in the first half; we had some 15-yard penalties that are uncalled for, and then a couple on punts, which are uncalled for.”

get out and do some recruiting.. Not surprised we lost but man at the skill positions and the OL are just frickin awful.. They just can't compete with teams with talent.. We played hard so I have to give them that..

Can you say Gary Barnett???

We have talent. It's just raw and young. Over the next couple of years I think we will build depth onto that. Where else in college football do you find this many freshman on the field?

“I'm just really disappointed in the penalties,” said Erickson following the game. “There's no excuse for that. It's not going to happen ever again, because they (the offending players) aren't going to play. We had some, particularly in the first half; we had some 15-yard penalties that are uncalled for, and then a couple on punts, which are uncalled for.”

Yeah right. My dad and I were commenting that the penalties reminded us of the Dennis Erickson Hurricanes. Penalties are a signature of a DE team. :lol:

get out and do some recruiting.. Not surprised we lost but man at the skill positions and the OL are just frickin awful.. They just can't compete with teams with talent.. We played hard so I have to give them that..

It kills me to do it, but I have to agree with Jimmy. :cry: I think last night exposed a lot of flaws that we knew were there and discussed at length in the offseason. And yes, they do date back to GB's last recruiting classes. The good news is that there is lots of young talent from Hawk's two classes to date.

The OL is thin (which led to not being able to substitute in 100 degree heat, with predictable results as the game went on). The WRs are either terribly young or horrendously inconsistent. Patrick Williams reverted to the pass dropping machine of last year. Sprague continues to disappear like Marty McFly's family before Johnny B. Goode. McKnight is an effort guy, but not a model guy physically and athletically. And Celestine showed the predictable potential/mistakes from a freshman. As did Cody. Especially once we got down and the pressure kept coming, he got rattled in a way we all wanted to believe he was immune to after CSU. There are guys like Miller and Smith and Simas waiting in the wings. There are 4 years for Cody and Sumler and Celestine to overcome the inexperience. Those are positive signs. But last night was a reminder that that is the future, not the present. I think some of us, including me, may have gotten ahead of ourselves after the offensive performance against CSU.

thats a little much. We are not a disgrace. We are a rebuilding program.

Exactly. Meatchicken is a ****ing disgrace. We are a young, rebuilding team.

It kills me to do it, but I have to agree with Jimmy. :cry: I think last night exposed a lot of flaws that we knew were there and discussed at length in the offseason.

I think some of us, including me, may have gotten ahead of ourselves after the offensive performance against CSU.

never-drank-kool-aid.jpg
beverage-Kool-Aid.jpg

Back