What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If Hawkins had any honor

Re: If Hawkins had any honor he'd resign

I really hope Hawkins is smarter than that. I don't think he's as stupid as everyone here says. But he's making it very hard to defend him.

I dunno, you just can't underestimate the heart here. Even if it is as simple as a lack of objectivity. Tell me he would tolerate this play without making a change from any other QB on the roster.

Listen, besides the FACT that Cody is very limited, the kids played their hearts out. And you **** wad ass holes that don't get that can go **** yourselves. Who the **** thought we'd win this game? And, you know what? We competed. We are just "this much" away. So **** you.

**** OFF BLAH BLAH DICK WADS BLAH BLAH......

Nobody is slamming the players, I saw better play out there tonight but cu will be limited with cody at qb. Our db's need to step up but I did see some improvement.

Fair enough.

I just don't see why Hawkins is still behind Cody after repeated bad games. It's like he's trying to prove a point to everyone.

I don't think that is the case to be honest. Wasn't there a lot of noise about Hansen getting the nod this week.

**** OFF BLAH BLAH DICK WADS BLAH BLAH......

Nobody is slamming the players, I saw better play out there tonight but cu will be limited with cody at qb. Our db's need to step up but I did see some improvement.
So, slamming Cody is fine becaus he's Hawk's kid? But everyone else are off limits because they are "players." God I hate this ****. Hey, lets get a linch mob together.

I've never really witnessed nepotism like this. It's strange.

I haven't used the word yet, but don't really know what else to call it. If that frat party fight doesn't happen does Hansen start tonight? Baaah!

So, slamming Cody is fine becaus he's Hawk's kid? But everyone else are off limits because they are "players." God I hate this this ****. Hey, lets get a linch mob together.

JESUS **** ING CHRIST you nancy, I said cu would be limited with cody at qb, that's really slamming him :rolleyes: STFU

I don't think that is the case to be honest. Wasn't there a lot of noise about Hansen getting the nod this week.
I've said this before, I don't think Hansen is the savior for CU, but he might be a step in the right direction for CU. If anything it sends a message to the team that everyone is replaceable.

If you can't describe athletic ability/performance, there isn't much point to a football forum. If the 2 QBs really were close in practice, and all the coaches said it was a last few days decision, then when one isn't performing, you put in the other one. Duh.

I've never really witnessed nepotism like this. It's strange.

:rolleyes:

It isn't ****ing "nepotism!" It is just that Cody is the best we have right now. And you ****ing piece of ****s slam him because he is "Hawk's kid." I'm sorry, but I hope all of you assholes realize, some day, what it is to stick by your kid.

It isn't ****ing "nepotism!" It is just that Cody is the best we have right now. And you ****ing piece of ****s slam him because he is "Hawk's kid." I'm sorry, but I hope all of you assholes realize, some day, what it is to stick by your kid.
That is not what we hired Hawkins to do. We are paying him to win games.

I've said this before, I don't think Hansen is the savior for CU, but he might be a step in the right direction for CU. If anything it sends a message to the team that everyone is replaceable.

If Cody is going to continue to make turn the ball over, I have no argument. Cody's best case for PT is ball security and execution. If he is going to continue to throw the INT's then it's make the argument for starting him a lot weaker.

If you are going to make a change it has to be soon.

So honest question. Do you go ahead and pull Hansen's redshirt to start him on the road against UT. If not is 5 games into the season to late. I can see the point of view where, if you didn't make the change tonight, the opportunity to do so might have passed you buy, and you continue to save him for next year.

If Cody is going to continue to make turn the ball over, I have no argument. Cody's best case for PT is ball security and execution. If he is going to continue to throw the INT's then it's make the argument for starting him a lot weaker.

If you are going to make a change it has to be soon.

So honest question. Do you go ahead and pull Hansen's redshirt to start him on the road against UT. If not is 5 games into the season to late. I can see the point of view where, if you didn't make the change tonight, the opportunity to do so might have passed you buy, and you continue to save him for next year.
Good point. Tossing him to the wolves might not be such a hot idea.

they are good kids, dbt, and they are trying their best. but, we simply do not have enough elite athletes to compete in major college ball. it isn't just the crappy schemes, the poor prep, and the terrible adjustments and playcalling. you need athletes when you play major teams.

that doesn't make them bad people. we all know they are working their asses off. it is on the coaches, not on the kids.

I hate to agree with you brother...because you were DELETING my fire Hawkins posts in week 1. Definately a mind**** eh ValdezJ???

But...where is Evans???

THIS IS DIVISION 1 FOOTBALL, not little league soccer, not pony league baseball. I stick by my son every day, but he's not a division 1 QB and I've accepted it.

Cody is a warrior but he's not getting it done and you think it's some badge of honor for hawk to keep starting him and playing him the whole game?

You sound like hawk telling us we don't know $hit because we don't have kids :rolleyes:

ASSHOLE DICKWAD

I'm sorry, but I hope all of you assholes realize, some day, what it is to stick by your kid.

That's my point, he is sticking by his kid. I can respect any fathers desire to do that but it isn't really helping the team or the perception of the teams problems right now. This asshole sees the light.

Who left the door open so that the NetBuffers could all pile in here?

This team could have quit and it hasn't. They are improving and if they continue to improve they can beat a lot of teams still on the schedule. I don't count UT as winnable, but after that, there's more than one team we will knock off.

We are woefully short on talent, but I'm seeing a lot of improvement.

Defense played well at times but tackled poorly in the 2H. Mahnke is lost on coverage.

they are good kids, dbt, and they are trying their best. but, we simply do not have enough elite athletes to compete in major college ball. it isn't just the crappy schemes, the poor prep, and the terrible adjustments and playcalling. you need athletes when you play major teams.

that doesn't make them bad people. we all know they are working their asses off. it is on the coaches, not on the kids.
Cody is a great kid. He plays his heart out, and shows more guts than most. I will always respect the kid. But it's no different than Joel Klatt, IMO he had no place being a QB in the Big12. Some kids just don't have it.

i told you guys after the wyo game that when we got to teams with athletes on d they would jump those ****ty little slow developing routes that worked so well against the crap that is wyo.

we don't have enough guys. end of story.

I hate to agree with you brother...because you were DELETING my fire Hawkins posts in week 1. Definately a mind**** eh ValdezJ???

But...where is Evans???
I didn't delete your post. I just moved it. :rolleyes: How many times do I have to explain that to you?

So, slamming Cody is fine becaus he's Hawk's kid? But everyone else are off limits because they are "players." God I hate this ****. Hey, lets get a linch mob together.
**** you...got6...yes ...6...kids. Stood behind all of them, but wouldn't BLINDLY...keep them in a game because they are mine...**** you!!!Asswipe!

Which is it? Nepotism or sticking by his kid? Sounds like semantics to me.

That's something I brought up before the season. If Cody was ahead of Tyler, but Tyler had the bigger upside that could make a difference in Big 12 play, I suggested we should start Tyler from game 1. (Assuming the QB competition was close). My reasoning was that while it put us more at risk for losing to CSU or Toledo, it would allow Tyler to develop past Cody and give us a better opportunity to win the North.

Now, though, I don't know. I might start Tyler against Kansas. Home game and you might get an early advantage as they have to throw out their defensive game plan. But I can't see throwing him to the wolves against Texas.

Back