What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If we could hire Mike Hankwitz, should we?

who really cares? I don't think there are going to be any coaching changes at the end of the season with this "dream STAFF"

who really cares? I don't think there are going to be any coaching changes at the end of the season with this "dream STAFF"
You really can't judge the staff based on this year with the injuries. Seriously, has any team had this many injuries with a first year head coach?

Heard, maybe here I dont recall, Heater can recruit too. That right?

Yep.

[h=3]Colorado[/h] In 1993, Heater was hired as the recruiting coordinator for the Colorado Buffaloes football team.[SUP][18][/SUP] Colorado head coach Bill McCartney had been an assistant coach at Michigan during Heater's senior year. In February 1994, after the NCAA eliminated the position of recruiting coordinator, McCartney hired Heater as his defensive secondary coach.[SUP][19][/SUP][SUP][20][/SUP] In March 1995, Colorado's new head coach Rick Neuheisel moved Heater to a new position as the team's tight ends coach.[SUP][21][/SUP] He remained the tight ends coach at Colorado for four years from 1995 to 1998 and also resumed his duties as recruiting coordinator in 1998.[SUP][7][/SUP]

Last edited:
If you guys like a vocal coach, Heater is your man. That guy was pretty intense from what I remember.

“He's one of the best teachers. I used to just sit in his meetings and watch him coach ... Coach Heater has a tendency of making some players out of non-players.”
Urban Meyer, former University of Florida Head Coach

Last edited:
Heater's a good name that I had forgotten. I threw Hank out there because I remember having some very solid defenses with him here.

Not really sure that we're going to be in the market for a defensive coordinator next year, but this is a kinda fun thread nonetheless. Hey, I wonder if Mike Singletary would leave the Vikings and come coach defense at CU. With our staff's NFL connections, has to be a possibility, right? Or maybe Tony Dungy can come out of retirement and bring some of that Tampa 2 magic.

Not really sure that we're going to be in the market for a defensive coordinator next year, but this is a kinda fun thread nonetheless. Hey, I wonder if Mike Singletary would leave the Vikings and come coach defense at CU. With our staff's NFL connections, has to be a possibility, right? Or maybe Tony Dungy can come out of retirement and bring some of that Tampa 2 magic.

He's going to CSU.

Presuming Greg Brown gets fired after this year, as so many of you are clearly hoping, the last hire I want is another CU retread. Time for some new blood. Find the youngest, brightest candidate we can afford and bring him in. Key will be locating who that is, but it isn't either Chuck Heater or Hank.

Buffs need to stop looking BACK and start looking FORWARD.

There are tons of young coaches out there. CU needs to stop with the retreads.

Presuming Greg Brown gets fired after this year, as so many of you are clearly hoping, the last hire I want is another CU retread. Time for some new blood. Find the youngest, brightest candidate we can afford and bring him in. Key will be locating who that is, but it isn't either Chuck Heater or Hank.

This ^. It's one thing to bring back some guys from the national championship glory era in a new capacity (Bieniemy, Kanavis)... But there is no reason to bring back former position coaches in the same capacity - especially when they were never all that good in their first go around. If anything, we might have too many coaches with CU ties - it probably wouldn't hurt to diversify a little bit.

This ^. It's one thing to bring back some guys from the national championship glory era in a new capacity (Bieniemy, Kanavis)... But there is no reason to bring back former position coaches in the same capacity - especially when they were never all that good in their first go around. If anything, we might have too many coaches with CU ties - it probably wouldn't hurt to diversify a little bit.
Yeah Heater sucked man, thats why he got a job at Florida. Getting praise from Urban Meyer must count for nothing since he only won 2 titles.

Last edited:

Really? I'd like to hear your opinion on him. I always thought he was a great young assistant at the time. JMO though.

This. It's just a thread people. I really doubt GB is going to be shown the door after his first year in Boulder.

And post less u San Angelo bastard, creeping on 30,000, where do u find the time? Dont take none of that serious lol. Id be willing to bet most of those posts were whiskey rants or educating us young 35 year old whipper snappers.

Yeah Heater sucked man, thats why he got a job at Florida. Getting praise from Urban Meyer must count for nothing since he only won 2 titles.

To be clear, I think Heater is probably a good coach, but as JWP said, might be time to diversify a little bit.

To be clear, I think Heater is probably a good coach, but as JWP said, might be time to diversify a little bit.
Yeah and he said never all that good, little bit different. Heater was here a long time ago and has experienced quite a bit by the look of it. Id say id be fine with it if a change happened.

I guess he's the DC at Northwestern now. He's been a fantastic DC wherever he's gone. While I have no idea what's going on at Northwestern currently, I do wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to try to get him back here.

Thoughts?

You are earning frequent flyer points toward the "Douche Master General" designation with this question. Next thing you will say is lets bring back McCartney so we can circle jerk some more. ****tard comes to mind...

You guys might want to check out the defenses at NW before getting out the pitchforks for GB. Maybe he has a lack of talent there, but the points they give up are um, CU level. Seems like he has trouble defending spread teams. Might be a case of the game passing the old feller by.

:yeahthat:

I'm not sure giving up 38 points to Indiana or 41 to Iowa is any better than giving up 45 to ASsU or 48 to Stanford, particularly since I'm assuming Hank couldn't be dealing with the number of injuries CU is...

Back