What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If you could meet with Mike Bohn...

Id ask what the **** he and the powers that be are smoking up in Boulder and to pass that **** already. Actually, the first thing I would ask him is if he plans on telling Juicebox to shut the hell up because all he has done is talk out his ass since he got there.

Couldn't disagree more with this. For a guy who has seemingly had his hands tied by his bosses, he has been more accessible, more upfront, and put huimself out there to confront the criticism better than anyone else in the administration. And by the way, he has managed to get more butts in folsom than a 3-9 team probably deserves.

There are certainly some problems at CU with respect to the AD, but Bohn is way down on that list IMO.

i think there is some truth to this. i think Bohn did a great job putting Hawk in a position to win and build serious program momentum last year and Hawk dropped a deuce in his sansabelts. the Toledo thing is questionable in retrospect but not a bad gamble when you are playing a MAC team and your coach is talking about winning 10 games....if it gets you on national TV, unopposed, getting your product "out there" for recruits and a disparate national fan base/alums to see. that's his job.

i also think the "Bohn has his hands tied by the bosses" is a rehash theory of the "evil academics" who militate endlessly toward the destruction of CU football theory which is all too common and tends to occlude and/or pass the buck on losing. Bohn has a share in this disaster but i think there a lot of good things you can point to that he's done. he should have reigned Hawk's big mouth earlier, but who knew Dan would have the sack to be such a clown in public?

having talked to the guy, he's a little PR slick for my taste face-to-face....but, again, i don't plan on calling him up to have a brew or go camping any time soon.

i think there is some truth to this. i think Bohn did a great job putting Hawk in a position to win and build serious program momentum last year and Hawk dropped a deuce in his sansabelts. the Toledo thing is questionable in retrospect but not a bad gamble when you are playing a MAC team and your coach is talking about winning 10 games....if it gets you on national TV, unopposed, getting your product "out there" for recruits and a disparate national fan base/alums to see. that's his job.

i also think the "Bohn has his hands tied by the bosses" is a rehash theory of the "evil academics" who militate endlessly toward the destruction of CU football theory which is all too common and tends to occlude and/or pass the buck on losing. Bohn has a share in this disaster but i think there a lot of good things you can point to that he's done. he should have reigned Hawk's big mouth earlier, but who knew Dan would have the sack to be such a clown in public?

having talked to the guy, he's a little PR slick for my taste face-to-face....but, again, i don't plan on calling him up to have a brew or go camping any time soon.
He had absolutely no reason to give Juicey an extension. It was wishful thinking, or blind loyalty, but more his ego that "his guy" would succeed. A move that has fueled the fires of this disaster.

Last edited:
He had absolutely no reason to give Juicey an extension. It was wishful thinking, or blind loyalty, but more his ego that "his guy" would succeed. A move that has fueled the fires of this disaster.

Don't know about that. The extension had as much to do with recruiting as anything else. Kids like to see that the coach recruiting them is under contract through their eligibility. Coming off a bowl season, the extension did not seem so crazy if you thought we were a team headed in the right direction. People have criticized Bohn for not improving the buyout clause which may be fair, but if you believe the rumors, the money was there to buy Hawk out until BB/PD squashed the idea.

Bohn is in charge of the AD, so he can't be completely without blame (he did hire Hawk in the first place), but I have a hard time seeing the major f-ups that he has made along the way to cause all the upsetness directed at him.

I'd ask Bohn if he has looked into moving companies, and with the slow housing market ask if he has though about putting the house on the market sooner rather than later. His contract is up in June, and he will not be back. If it is his choice or CU's, either way he will be gone.

Hawkins, will be gone sometime in 2010 and there is no way they are letting Bohn have any say into who the next coach is.

Look for CU to bring Mac back as AD (temporary) with the sole purpose of finding a replacement for Hawkins and trying to rebuild the booster support that has jumped ship under the Bohn/Hawkins nightmare.

At least that is the rumor that I was told tonight by a source tonight.

If a hen and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how long would it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?
Where are we going? And what's with this hand basket?
If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
Is it true that Alferd Packard didn't eat standup comics because they taste funny?
How do you write zero in Roman numerals?
Can fat people go skinny-dipping in Varsity Lake?
Can you buy an entire chess set in a Boulder pawnshop?
Do crematoriums give discounts to burn victims?
What is soft liquor, and why don't you sell it at Folsom?
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a rastafarian or a humanitarian eat?
Does anyone call Coach Cabral's mustache "mouthbrow?"
If Clark Evans dropped acid, whould he see God? And If God dropped acid, would he see Clark Evans?
If Gus Handler is a kleptomaniac, is there something he can take for it?
If Dan Hawkins played the schedule backwards, would CU have finished 9-3?

I'd ask Bohn if he has looked into moving companies, and with the slow housing market ask if he has though about putting the house on the market sooner rather than later. His contract is up in June, and he will not be back. If it is his choice or CU's, either way he will be gone.

Hawkins, will be gone sometime in 2010 and there is no way they are letting Bohn have any say into who the next coach is.

Look for CU to bring Mac back as AD (temporary) with the sole purpose of finding a replacement for Hawkins and trying to rebuild the booster support that has jumped ship under the Bohn/Hawkins nightmare.

Interesting... Does anyone have the details on Bohn's contract? I thought it was up in April but have also heard that is not the case and he is under contract through 2012.

Sounds to good to be true, but it has as much potential as any other rumor that's been posted here.

No way does Bohn get fired. No. Way. If that happens, I'll seriously consider dropping my tickets. Firing Bohn will be all the proof I need that the CU Admin simply isn't interested in athletics - at all. As much as I love Saturday mornings/afternoons at Farrand and enjoying a few brews/martinis with my buds, firing Bohn would probably be the final straw. Fire Bohn and keep Hawkins? Who the fack is running this show, anyway?

Sounds to good to be true, but it has as much potential as any other rumor that's been posted here.

Agreed. The only reason I posted it was because the person that told me was tight with the boosters that had the discussions. In the same conversation he also said that there was no chance of getting 50 boosters together to donate $1mil each. At least not until there are major changes within the athletic department.

Don't know about that. The extension had as much to do with recruiting as anything else. Kids like to see that the coach recruiting them is under contract through their eligibility. Coming off a bowl season, the extension did not seem so crazy if you thought we were a team headed in the right direction. People have criticized Bohn for not improving the buyout clause which may be fair, but if you believe the rumors, the money was there to buy Hawk out until BB/PD squashed the idea.

Bohn is in charge of the AD, so he can't be completely without blame (he did hire Hawk in the first place), but I have a hard time seeing the major f-ups that he has made along the way to cause all the upsetness directed at him.
OK, I can understand that, but why not cover your ***** with a good buyout if things go south. Jeremy Crabtree was on the radio yesterday saying CU's recruiting problems this year is because Hawkins is a "lame duck coach". So the extension has now come back to hurt recruiting. What a mess!

Back