What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If you were Houston's AD: Miles or Kiffin?

Miles or Kiffin?

• Miles

• Kiffin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Kiffin. Houston's brand is offense.

That's the way I'd go, too.

Although I might go with someone on the rise instead of someone whose most recent HC gig didn't work out. If you can get Miles of Kiffin, then a guy like Lincoln Riley is in the cards for you. (Didn't want to confuse the poll, though.)

Houston's m.o. of hiring an up and coming Offensive mind has worked for a while now. Kiffin

I'm going to argue the other side.

Houston isn't that far from Baton Rouge - Miles is probably very familiar with the recruiting in the Houston area and Texas in general.

He's a proven commodity, and while he's getting older, Houston doesn't need a rebuild.

Most importantly, if you're comparing Kiffin to Miles, there's much less chance that Miles is going to leave in a second if someone else comes sniffing - Kiffin has that Tennessee thing hanging around his neck.

Miles, dude was really successful at LSU, last couple of years notwithstanding.

Kiffin has been mediocre at best everywhere he has been.

Lame Kitten has not done well as a HC. Didn't he call a pass play out of the end zone for Bama recently? Before Saban rained him in. He's risky.

Miles has decades of coaching experience by comparison and should win and keep recruits.

No brainier IMHO.

Never thought much of Kiffin. Get the impression he may not be the best leader. Could be a career coordinator.

Kiffen would not be my choice, even if I was the AD at Valor Christian. Dude is not a head coach. Joey Freshwater.
So pretty much anyone but him. I'd hire Sarkisian before Joey Freshwater.

Never thought much of Kiffin. Get the impression he may not be the best leader. Could be a career coordinator.
What could go wrong giving a guy a 3rd chance, I mean seriously - look how well it worked out for UCLA with Skippy.

What could go wrong giving a guy a 3rd chance, I mean seriously - look how well it worked out for UCLA with Skippy.

i thought that was one of the weirdest hires ever. you can Karl Dorrell, hire his buddy who violated NCAA rules at both his coaching stops.....neither of which lasted more than 4 years....and showed an ability only to win with his predecessors players. hooray?

to the topic, if i were an AD at best you are renting Kiffin if he does well....and if he doesn't, then your team sucks. i'm not a huge fan of Les ties to Mac and CU notwithstanding....i'd rather get a young guy who's well thought of, gonna work hard. but, Les over Kiffin. maybe there's a big payoff with a new, mature Lane (???).....but i'm not putting my AD career in the wind by gambling on Kiffin. Les has won everywhere he's been....Lane has lost everywhere he's been as HC.

Wow... I don't get the Kiffin love. The guy has proven to be a great OC, but a middling HC. Also, you saw how Houston reacted when Herman jilted them for Texas- do they really want a guy who left Tennessee for USC after one season? Finally, he comes with a ton of baggage off the field.

On the other side, Les Miles is a known quantity in that area, having coached in Texas (with the Cowboys) and in adjacent states as an HC for the past 15 years. He's always recruited well at LSU, and is probably looking for his last job so jumping ship to a bigger school is less of a risk.

To me, Miles is clearly the better choice of the two, but if I was UH I might be tempted to go with an up and comer instead and hope I got lucky.

Back