1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm at a loss but hopeful

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by DBT, Oct 2, 2011.

1. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

We just cannot lose games like this. Just a horrible loss. I really don't know what to say about it. But I believe in and support the staff. I do think they were delt a bad deck this year. But they must coach better.

2. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

shouldnt you be defending hawkins right now?

3. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

Did anyone (sober) watch the second half with any confidence? They should have destroyed us. If I am a WSU fan I am happy they won, but even more pissed at the coaching than we (CU) fans should be. With our depleted secondary and their receivers they should have been destroying us by the end of the game. The fact that we were inept on offense just made them lucky so the big play they should have been doing all game (they did it once before with a wide open dropped pass) but for some reason they were conservative the whole game.

We lack a lot of talent, we had two terrible recruiting seasons under hawk, and the guys are seriously freaked out by close games (especially hansen and the offense.) Reality sucks.

All we can hope is that despite losing we can still get two solid recruiting classes in a row. Right now the first couple of terrible seasons by McCartney are almost like a blessing for Embree since everyone likes to relate the two so much . . . .

4. DBT

Cheap shot noted.

5. Ozbuff

Ozbuff Member

At this point, I'm hoping for respectable showings against Stanford and Oregon and close games for the remaining six. Outside of those two I think the UW one is probably the toughest, followed by ASU because both are on the road. Sadly, winning 3 of the last 8 would actually be a good result.

Most importantly, I hope we get a solid recruiting class. If so, we have a chance to be markedly improved next year. More than anything, I hope this year's team proves us all wrong and somehow turns things around (by that I mean finishing with 5 or more wins).

6. Ralphandler1

Ralphandler1 Member

Look bottom line to this whole season at this point is Embo was given a terrible team that has a rich tradition of losing and hanging their heads at the slightest adversity. It is hard to get rid of those old habits and mind sets in one year. Throw on top of that the lack of talent and then the unbelievable injuries. I think given the fact we had a RB and a former QB playing corner against a pass happy WSU and almost won speaks volumes about the coaching job. Yes they have made some mistakes but they DO make adjustments and they are learning and getting better. Give this staff and the kids the support they need and I have a feeling in a few years they will reward us all for it.

7. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

My message to the Pac 12 is get your licks in now while you can, because it isn't going to last.

8. DBT

Thats the spirit!!