What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I'm certain ESPN thinks we're division III

No **** - its like these people havent seen the last 10 years of CU football - or the last 10 years of Haurbaugh's career.

We are on the road against a top 5 team, in one of the biggest stadiums in the country, with one of the most effective coaches in the game. Of course the media think we have no shot.

- we havent had a winning record in 10 years
- Mich won 10 games last year

- Mich beat 8 P5 teams last year
- we've beaten 8 p5 teams since august of 2010

- Mich beat 3 ranked teams last year.
- google doesnt go that far back for us.

There is no reason to think anyone should be giving us a shot or the time of day in this game - it makes for a hell of an opportunity but getting butt-hurt over ESPN thinking we suck when in fact we have sucked is silly.

Yup. "Fat kid incensed that people thinks he has no shot at supermodel."

Cu has beaten two bad teams. Yes they are playing better than we've seen in awhile.

I hate to think this but, some here are going to get slapped back to reality late saturday afternoon.

I don't expect that. We'll be in this game and then we are going to slap on you!!!

I thought Georgia in 2010 was ranked in the 20s, but looking again and they weren't. Strange how we felt like that was such a huge win at the time, when in reality, it was good, not great.

I thought Georgia in 2010 was ranked in the 20s, but looking again and they weren't. Strange how we felt like that was such a huge win at the time, when in reality, it was good, not great.
I believe they were ranked at the beginning of the season and had lost the weekend before they came to Boulder.

Losing to a top 5 team shouldn't slap anyone back to reality... Unless of course, you're one of those, "loss=failure" no matter who the opponent is kind of people.

And I don't care about the caliber of opponent through the first two weeks. We ****ing dominated both of them in every area the sport has to offer. CU hasn't done that against CSU, a team most people here were bitching about as a complete toss up, since like the 1970s.

I don't understand why people have to piss in the kool aid in the midst of the most fun CU football has been in over a decade.

I was posting more to cu not getting love from espn and media. The back to reality comment is based on cu getting blown out.

I am enjoying this season, the past 10 years has me being overly pessimistic pertaining to top teams and pac 12 wins.

Lets hope they win or at least be competitive /keep it close. The LAST thing this team needs is to lose confidence and fall back into the " here we go again" mentality.

I'm not over stating the buffs few opponents and I won't be surprised if we win, surprises if lose or surprises if we can hang. I will be surprised if we're blown out.

I'm also not posting that article because think CU is deserving of some massive praise. its the crap reporting that bothers me, it isn't subjective. Instead of talking about how both teams have looked good they just say "CU sucks, Michigan rolls."

**** the AP!!

Losing to a top 5 team shouldn't slap anyone back to reality... Unless of course, you're one of those, "loss=failure" no matter who the opponent is kind of people.

And I don't care about the caliber of opponent through the first two weeks. We ****ing dominated both of them in every area the sport has to offer. CU hasn't done that against CSU, a team most people here were bitching about as a complete toss up, since like the 1970s.

I don't understand why people have to piss in the kool aid in the midst of the most fun CU football has been in over a decade.

Psst. Pollyanna, do you "people" much?

Jean-Paul Sarte said "Hell is other people."

Welcome to hell. Ain't nobody is going to bend to your will and be all koolaid, rah-rah, unicorns and rainbow skittles poop 'cus TSheck subscribes to same beliefs as the main character in Voltaire's book "Candide".

But, yeah, this is fun! I'm enjoying the start of 2016. MacIntyre speaks best with the action of his players on the field. He could not have possibly sent a better message to Buff Nation that the rise is real through the scoreboard during weeks 1&2.

We're ready for MacIntyre's 3rd installment. Bring on the wolfereens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last ranked win had to be WVU or Georgia way back with Hawkins, right?
Yeah, Georgia had lost 3 in a row coming into that game. AJ Green was coming off his 4 game suspension and had to leave after the first half with a hammy pull/cramp. He would have single handed beat us.

That's why when the fans rushed the field, everyone in the country was like WTF? Who rushes the field after beating a 1-4 team?

I mean, the odds are literally stacked in Michigans favor by almost 3 TDs. It's not just ESPN...

I'm confident we will beat the spread too, but let's not get ahead of ourselves
Of course you do REALIZE the 20 point spread has nothing to do with the game itself , right?
The point spread is set to get the bettors' money balanced on each team, so the bookies don't get killed in case of a money line (pick the winner) upset.
UM is certainly favored to win, but the spread means little in terms of by how much Vegas believes what the final score will be.
Why do you think Vegas posts half points as part of a spread? I'm not aware of any way any team can score a half point. It all comes down to protecting the bookies.

ESPN lost all credibility when it picked Arena Football over the NHL. They also just got broadcast rights to the Drone Air Racing League, or something like that.

I believe they were ranked at the beginning of the season and had lost the weekend before they came to Boulder.

that's what i remember as well. my memory of that game is it looked like we had a real offensive scheme....the stuff we ran in the first half looked like a really viable thing. spread option. but we scrapped it pretty fast. what was that guy's name.....Hawkins' OC after Helfrich...?

anyway, the ESPN formula is to suck up and pump up the name teams and then act shocked when they lose...if they do ...thereby manufacturing their own "news". that and the SEC, of course.

edit: didn't see Aviator's post above until after posting.

Of course you do REALIZE the 20 point spread has nothing to do with the game itself , right?
The point spread is set to get the bettors' money balanced on each team, so the bookies don't get killed in case of a money line (pick the winner) upset.
UM is certainly favored to win, but the spread means little in terms of by how much Vegas believes what the final score will be.
Why do you think Vegas posts half points as part of a spread? I'm not aware of any way any team can score a half point. It all comes down to protecting the bookies.

Sure, but some would say that because the line moves depending on how much actual money is risked on either side that it is the best indicator of a game's outcome.

Sure, but some would say that because the line moves depending on how much actual money is risked on either side that it is the best indicator of a game's outcome.
Take a look at the percentage of games that are within 4 points of the spread. It means something. All houses have very sophisticated analytics that involve power scores which are derived from stats. The number means a lot.

harbooger needs a timeout. he's already at maximum douche and it is only week 3.

I want to kick these two dudes ass'. Most of these new goobers out there don't remember (to young) when we were good :(. I hope sooo much our boys go out and put us back on the radar this weekend.

Last edited:
Wasn't that one dude Matt Leinart?

Douchey Condomman.

EDIT: Douchey Condomman sounds like a Damon Runyon character, and seeing as Matt Leinart is not cool enough to have a Damon Runyon-esque nickname, I'm just going to call him ****stick Mc****yface.

That's about as naive as thinking the ol' allbuffs standby: you'll just be "a guy" at 'Bama but you'll be "the guy" here is an effective recruiting pitch.

Psst. Pollyanna, do you "people" much?

Jean-Paul Sarte said "Hell is other people."

Welcome to hell. Ain't nobody is going to bend to your will and be all koolaid, rah-rah, unicorns and rainbow skittles poop 'cus TSheck subscribes to same beliefs as the main character in Voltaire's book "Candide".

But, yeah, this is fun! I'm enjoying the start of 2016. MacIntyre speaks best with the action of his players on the field. He could not have possibly sent a better message to Buff Nation that the rise is real through the scoreboard during weeks 1&2.

We're ready for MacIntyre's 3rd installment. Bring on the wolfereens.
Who does this Sarte kid play for?

Back