What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I'm feeling better about the prospect of Cody starting

what I was gonna say. How does he think we learned the correct spellings of idot?

Or about f*cking flies, clocks that we want, guys named mike, little black dresses, stolen hoodies & grills, obsessive fear of flying, germaphobics, dumping margaritas on cocktail watresses, "dude" lookalikes, getting lost in the mountains on the way to Boulder, certified mail... Heavens, the list of old jokes on this site is endless.

Or about f*cking flies, clocks that we want, guys named mike, little black dresses, stolen hoodies & grills, obsessive fear of flying, germaphobics, dumping margaritas on cocktail watresses, "dude" lookalikes, getting lost in the mountains on the way to Boulder, certified mail... Heavens, the list of old jokes on this site is endless.
no ****. I only know a few of those :lol:

Did he grow a couple inches or something? Last time I looked your Olinemen are a hell of a lot taller than he is which is gonna lead to some serious picks throughout the season...

I am afraid that if I clicked a link from you I would somehow appruptly get shoved out of a plane door at 10,000 fett, armed with a K-bar knife and a parachute wrapped up in duct tape.:wow:

Yes, yes we do. While it may not seem so right now to you, eventually you will find out that it is one of the qualities that makes Allbuffs so endearing.:thumbsup: (Just ask Unleash Hell about the clock for confirmation on that)
:lol: That was funny chit!

The potential is there, but let's not downplay the fact that Simas and Simmons have caught a combined 0 balls for the Buffs.

After the CSU game you can post the same thing but substitute in "..have only caught a combined 12 balls for the Buffs.." and so on and so on. No one has done anything until they do it for the first time.

C-5's, they blocked out the entire sky.

Interesting fact about C-5s: above the cargo compartment (which can carry two ABRAMS tanks, or 6 Greyhound busses) is the crew compartment foward of the wing, which includes kitchen, two three bunk crew rest areas, and a couple tables for card playing-- although that may have just been for maintanence.:cool:

Aft of the wing is 70+ seats for passengers above the crew compartment, plus the kitchen area. At the aft part of the kitchen area are two round holes, which are negative pressure doors. When the plane is on the ground (unpressureized) you cna swing them up into the plane and crawl though them into the 'hayloft' area. There are control cables and hydaulic lines, a platform you can climb, and then a ladder that goes up though the vertical stabilizer and then open a hatch from the inside. It drops down and then you can climb out on the top of the horizontal stabilizer. You wear a restraint harness and clip into holes and then walk around for inspections and such. the forrard part of the horizontal stab is called the bullet, and it goes 5-6 feet forward of the horizontal stab, and houses the jack screw. My first job as a mech for the USAF was to climb up there with a panel and a bag of fasteners since someone had forgot to put the access panel on in the hanger, and the wind was blowing too strongly to use a calivar, so with the planes moving around back and forth I had to straddle the bullet and slide forward to put this panel on with it shaking back and forth. Of course, they gave me no extra fasteners and it was 68 feet straight down if I dropped one. hella fun!

Anyway, the fact. The area aft of the pressure doors, where the platform and ladder was---that area is so far aft of the center of gravity that it was unusable space, so it was empty save control cables and such. And the unused space is a larger volume than the whole cargo compartment on a C-130 Hercules.

Interesting fact about C-5s: above the cargo compartment (which can carry two ABRAMS tanks, or 6 Greyhound busses) is the crew compartment foward of the wing, which includes kitchen, two three bunk crew rest areas, and a couple tables for card playing-- although that may have just been for maintanence.:cool:

Aft of the wing is 70+ seats for passengers above the crew compartment, plus the kitchen area. At the aft part of the kitchen area are two round holes, which are negative pressure doors. When the plane is on the ground (unpressureized) you cna swing them up into the plane and crawl though them into the 'hayloft' area. There are control cables and hydaulic lines, a platform you can climb, and then a ladder that goes up though the vertical stabilizer and then open a hatch from the inside. It drops down and then you can climb out on the top of the horizontal stabilizer. You wear a restraint harness and clip into holes and then walk around for inspections and such. the forrard part of the horizontal stab is called the bullet, and it goes 5-6 feet forward of the horizontal stab, and houses the jack screw. My first job as a mech for the USAF was to climb up there with a panel and a bag of fasteners since someone had forgot to put the access panel on in the hanger, and the wind was blowing too strongly to use a calivar, so with the planes moving around back and forth I had to straddle the bullet and slide forward to put this panel on with it shaking back and forth. Of course, they gave me no extra fasteners and it was 68 feet straight down if I dropped one. hella fun!

Anyway, the fact. The area aft of the pressure doors, where the platform and ladder was---that area is so far aft of the center of gravity that it was unusable space, so it was empty save control cables and such. And the unused space is a larger volume than the whole cargo compartment on a C-130 Hercules.
Awesome read:thumbsup:

Did he grow a couple inches or something? Last time I looked your Olinemen are a hell of a lot taller than he is which is gonna lead to some serious picks throughout the season...

When your guard is 6'8, LT is 6'9, RT is 6'6, there aren't many QBs that can see over that line.

Give Cody time, let him find passing lanes and he'll be fine. How do you think Chase Daniel, Todd Reesing, Joe Ganz all passed for over 3,000 yards? It wasn't because Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska had short lines.

Oh yea, Cody also passed for 3,000 yards once in his career. I guess our OL was short that year :confused:.

With Simmons & Simas playing, plus Geer, McKnight, Lock, Speedy & Scott, whoever is the quarterback should have a lot of targets. With the O-line being the monsters they are, the QB will have some time to find his receivers. This offense has the potential to be something very special, even if Cody is the guy taking the snaps. There's a TON of talent on the offensive side of the ball this year. A TON.

Your right!

And I'll feel even better if Goodman can split the uprights with some consistancy this year.

When your guard is 6'8, LT is 6'9, RT is 6'6, there aren't many QBs that can see over that line.

Give Cody time, let him find passing lanes and he'll be fine. How do you think Chase Daniel, Todd Reesing, Joe Ganz all passed for over 3,000 yards? It wasn't because Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska had short lines.

Oh yea, Cody also passed for 3,000 yards once in his career. I guess our OL was short that year :confused:.

we got knees on the OL, if we bend them, we are doing football right. :lol:

I really have never been worried about Cody being a decent QB. He does need a solid line in front of him to give him time. if he has time to throw, he has a decent, accurate arm. If he has to be mobil on every snap, you got the wrong guy under center. We will see but if the line stays solid, we are going to also have a decent running game. All of these factors will make any qb look better.

I really have never been worried about Cody being a decent QB. He does need a solid line in front of him to give him time. if he has time to throw, he has a decent, accurate arm. If he has to be mobil on every snap, you got the wrong guy under center. We will see but if the line stays solid, we are going to also have a decent running game. All of these factors will make any qb look better.

:yeahthat:

I could care less about throwing the ball, our most successfull seasons were when we could run it down people's throats, Tim Tebow can't hit the broad side of a barn but he is expected to win another championship, give me an offensive line that can open up holes that a truck can drive through and some nub that can hand it off and I'll show you a Big 12 title.

Three things have me feeling more confident about the offense:

1. Team health, talent and experience are way up from last year.
2. Kiessau - Wants to smash it. The new offense will be easier for the QBs to run and not have its success so dependent on QB play like last year. Kiesau has a vision for the O and a good grip on where our real strengths are. I'm really starting to like this guy. (great article)
3. *Most importantly to me* This offense is really hungry to prove that they are better than they looked last year. I think they feel incredibly embarrassed about last years performance and they are chomping at the bit to show college football that they are a much more talented bunch. This angst, this burning desire will be the X factor that gets us 2-3 more wins this year.

Back