1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm good now

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Highflyer, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Okay, so I don't think there is one person that was satisfied by the Buffs performance on Saturday. Bottom line, they won and hopefully it served as a wake up call. That said, I wonder if after the CSU game if we did not over estimate this team a little (or a lot in some cases)?

I think most rational Buff fans figured on some where between 6-8 wins, with the ball bouncing our way in a couple of games. All that is still on the table. The buffs can be a bowl team and can win every single one of their remaining games (yes, there's even a chance they win the Mizzou game, no matter how small). Many of us saw the glaring weaknesses on the field Sat. We may not agree on all of them (I for one thought Cody played a great game considering all the pressure he received 74% completions with 3 tds is not a bad day) but this team looked pretty blah last year and got it going. We are on the right track, we do have the players and coaches, they just need to put it all together. Now. They have a crazy hard schedule in front of them, but nothing impossible. Every single goal the team has set out for them selves is still within reach.

Go Buffs!!
    :gobuffs:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  2. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

I expected a 6 or 7 win season. Neither game changed that.

IMO this season will be a lot like last season. Lots of ups and downs, and a lot of head scratching. Beat Okie one week, lose to ISU the next type stuff.

This team is just painfully young right now. The good news is we do seem to have some solid leaders on the team. Hearing the upperclassman speak up during halftime and rally the troops is very encouraging to hear.

3. ladyblaise

ladyblaise Club Member Club Member

6-8 is reasonable and expected.

4. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Yea, I'd say that pretty much sums it up.

5. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

3rd youngest team in nation. WOOOOOT

6. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

I wish some level-headed thinking like this could make its way to a lot of folks over at some of the pay sites.

7. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

The simple fact that they are willing to pay for college football web sites means that level-headed does not apply :smile2:

8. Mr. Babar

Mr. Babar I have no elephant books Club Member

Coming into the season 6-8 wins was were I thought we'd end up. Coming out of the EWU game I'd agree it's still plausible; however, if our O-line continues to struggle the way they did on Saturday we may have a tough time getting 6 wins.

Every game, including Mizzou, is winnable (I concur with what was already stated earlier in the thread)

Every game, including Ia State, is losable as well.

Go Buffs! Here's to not getting sick watching the roller-coaster Buff season...

9. phatmack

phatmack Active Member

Is UT still the youngest team in the nation?

10. BrownEyedBuffGirl

BrownEyedBuffGirl Well-Known Member

All epic meltdowns must end sometime. :wink2: No one can argue that last week was Ugly and we were lucky to get away with a win...perhaps we underestimated our opponent? or perhaps we failed to execute? but, in the end we made things work when it counted and that is :thumbsup: Hopefully this will be a good lesson that we need to not allow ourselves to get down early, because the next few games are not going to be condusive to come-from-behind victories.

I don't expect to go undefeated (though it would be nice :smile:), but I do expect to finish the season over .500 and bowl-eligble. We'll see. :gobuffs:

11. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

:yeahthat:....in a lot of sports you need a good scare to put you in your place and let you know how hard you need to work....hopefully the Buffs learn that lesson...like the old cliche goes, "good teams find ways to pull out tough ugly wins" and I'll take that route that the Buffs are a better team now to be able to do that!

12. Scotch

:nod: I always liked roller coasters. :thumbsup:

13. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

I will not be satisfied unless we win 9 games,if not,fire hawk and hire............Joe glenn with cally as OC and Okruch as DC.:lol:

Lord Helmet likes this.
  14. Mr. Babar

Mr. Babar I have no elephant books Club Member

Why sell ourselves short? I'm sure we could lure Slick Rick back to be the QB coach too! That'd be awesome! :puke:

15. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Unless you're planning on making Dave Logan the new AD, I don't understand why you guys are leaving the greatest football coaching mind of the new millenium off the staff... :confused:

:smile2:

16. 87toInfinity

87toInfinity Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was about recovering from your hamstring injury.

17. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

****, I've been full speed for couple of months now.

18. 87toInfinity

87toInfinity Well-Known Member

Well that contradicts the thread title. You aren't good, you're normal. :wink2:

19. Scotch

Let's not go overboard now. :smile2:

20. Scotch

Can he borrow your chicken suit? :cool: