What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I'm hearing friend of a friend of cousin type rumors

by the way, to the self important sheep****er poster: **** off. go back to ejaculating barn animals for fun and profit. CU is a nice step up for any coach in the minor leagues. and, unlike your ****ty ass ag school, CU actually has some history in football and isn't permanently excluded from the club like the sheep.

seriously... **** off.

Feel the love. :welcome:

[video=youtube;PkGDrV_2ehI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkGDrV_2ehI[/video]
:smile2:

But seriously, fuk off!!

I think the Colorado job is a much better job than some of you are giving it credit. Yes we're down and we could use some upgraded facilities, but it has a lot going for it too. None less than the Big 12 association we have, MWC schools will always know that the Big 12 is better. I doubt many coaches would be happy with playing 80%+ of their games against nobody.

As far as Willingham goes, he's a good coach and I wouldn't be upset if we got him, but I think there are better options out there. He also has the same type of resume Hawk had coming in, I want someone from a bigger pond.

Yeah, um is a good coach. And it doesn't hurt being in one of the most talent rich areas of the country. Ubber stars and 4.3 40's clamoring to play for a school in their home state. Must be rough.

Surely then Urbans deliverance of an undefeated season at Utah in a less furtile area must have been pure aberration. How man undefeated seasons has CU had by way of comparison?

Surely then Urbans deliverance of an undefeated season at Utah in a less furtile area must have been pure aberration. How man undefeated seasons has CU had by way of comparison?

Who did they play that year? Bowl game was definitely the toughest. Not sayin' he isn't a good coach - cuz he is. Point is, he's gonna get some of the most talented players in the country, without even walking off the front porch.

Who did they play that year? Bowl game was definitely the toughest. Not sayin' he isn't a good coach - cuz he is. Point is, he's gonna get some of the most talented players in the country, without even walking off the front porch.

Truth be told, Pitt was the best of a horrible Big East that year, and not worthy of a BCS bowl. That was the travesty of that Utah team, because they never got to test their mettle against a premier team. I remember they beat the hell out of ATM that year, but they never were really challenged, I don't think anyone played within two touchdowns of them all season.

Of the non-BCS teams to go undefeated in the past decade or so, or get to a BCS bowl, they were by far the most dominant.

Wow. Some of you ****ers amaze me. Downplaying Urban Meyer's success because he coaches in Florida? Why didn't Ron Zook win a MNC every year then?

As to the OP, I'd take Wittingham in a heartbeat.

And my point is that good coaching supersedes talent to a degree but you still need both. Case in point was BSU's defeat of Oklahoma where trickery and game day coaching won out over the more talented team. Its no accident that Meyer turned in 12-0 season and is 92-17 lifetime (2001). Going on the numbers alone Dan Hawkins looked like a very good hire. By way of comparison Bobby Bowden is 71-41 since 2001 and he has superior talent throwing themselves at FSU on yearly basis and he has not been able to piece it all together. Same can be said of Mark Richt (82-22) and Randy Shannon (17-15) both sitting on huge pools of talent.

I remain suspicious that there is more to the story at CU that will make it harder for us get back to our winning ways. I took alot from the conversation with Barnett about all the non football distractions like admissions. I think the administration will continue to choke talent by keeping admissions so high that we will always struggle to get kids in.

Wow. Some of you ****ers amaze me. Downplaying Urban Meyer's success because he coaches in Florida? Why didn't Ron Zook win a MNC every year then?

Meyer > Zook. No brainer, there. My point was two-fold; 1) the undefeated season at Utah was a product of lighter opponents, including the bcs bowl win over Pitt, and 2) his current, and recent past teams, include some incredibly talented players - some of which he inherited, others who were going to play in the state of Fla, no matter what. Meyer has done a good job, no doubt, and he's continued to build on his successes. However, it didn't hurt to be coaching in the mwc before TCU became really good, and while bring 'em young was just okay, and it's certainly helps to be coaching in an area where extreme talent is right there at your doorstep at a time when FSU and Miami were/are having their difficulties.

Fla will continue to be good for the foreseeable future.

Eggzachary.

BTW, I would take Wittingham (or Gary Patterson) in a heartbeat, too. I just don't think either one of them would come here.

good to see syko spreading the hatred on ramnation... wait a minute, syko, wtf are you on rammnation?

I'd agree that we acted like a bunch of assholes towards him.

I thought his post was pretty fair.

I feel bad for him too. This cannot be an easy job:

a96873_a539_2-masturbator2.jpg

And my point is that good coaching supersedes talent to a degree but you still need both. .......

I remain suspicious that there is more to the story at CU that will make it harder for us get back to our winning ways. I took alot from the conversation with Barnett about all the non football distractions like admissions. I think the administration will continue to choke talent by keeping admissions so high that we will always struggle to get kids in.

Agreed. I'm of the opinion (and its just that, an opinion) that the turmoil will be even greater if CU changes h/c after this year. However, it may be a necessary action. If so, and based on your "complications" comments above, I hope the school goes after a really good assistant at a big-time, D1 school. They've already been exposed to all the addendum requirements and issues. After all, Mac was an assistant (at UM), Stoopsy was an assistant (Fla), etc, etc.

The trail of tears is littered with the remains of former hot-shot, small conference coaches.

Last edited:
And my point is that good coaching supersedes talent to a degree but you still need both. Case in point was BSU's defeat of Oklahoma where trickery and game day coaching won out over the more talented team. Its no accident that Meyer turned in 12-0 season and is 92-17 lifetime (2001). Going on the numbers alone Dan Hawkins looked like a very good hire. By way of comparison Bobby Bowden is 71-41 since 2001 and he has superior talent throwing themselves at FSU on yearly basis and he has not been able to piece it all together. Same can be said of Mark Richt (82-22) and Randy Shannon (17-15) both sitting on huge pools of talent.

i think you are overexaggerating the administration's ambition to sabotage the football team. most of the kids that didn't qualify for admissions were not expected to qualify ANYWHERE, which is why hawkins was pretty much the only one recruiting them. that was hawkins' fault for taking huge risks on guys instead of recruiting better. remember our top 15 class? every single guy from that class qualified academically.

and i agree that we should take a great assistant, rather than a headcoach. we should go after one of pete carroll's guys. sarkisian and kiffin look to have been great hires and those usc assistants know how to recruit california

Last edited:
Until we get word that Hawk SR has been fired from CU, speculate all you guys want until then and it makes me sad to say this but Dan Hawkins is the Coach of the Colorado Buffaloes.

Until we get word that Hawk SR has been fired from CU, speculate all you guys want until then and it makes me sad to say this but Dan Hawkins is the Coach of the Colorado Buffaloes.
so, until Hawk has been fired, he is the coach? Who knew? :confused:

How insightful.

BTW, I love the assertion that Urban Meyer is somehow less of a coach because 1) an undefeated season in the MWC doesn't count because it's in the MWC and 2) because Florida has a lot of talent.

Do you think Hawkins could win the SEC? I don't, at any school under any set of circumstances. I don't necessarily think Hawkins could win the SEC if you gave him an NFL team to run into the ground as coach/gm for five years then had him take what was left of it down to the SECCG...

Back