What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I'm no D1 football coach...

Sexton Hardcastle

Club Member
Club Member
But I do think it would be a good idea to keep BJ Beatty on the field a little more often on defense. That guy is a machine! :lol:

Yeah, I like the idea of him rushing the QB sorta like Jones (I think) last year

Not sure how much of it was the fact that Wyo was playing in garbage time, but West looked really good in the fourth quarter. Herrod also played very nicely, IMO. Still waiting to see something out of Goree, Obi, and Shields.

Beatty is a gamer. He's a playmaker. He should be out there on every defensive snap except when the O is in a 5 WR set.

But I do think it would be a good idea to keep BJ Beatty on the field a little more often on defense. That guy is a machine! :lol:

Your no D1 moderator either. :smile2:

I agree, dudes motor never stops. Major has a motor too.

Not sure how much of it was the fact that Wyo was playing in garbage time, but West looked really good in the fourth quarter. Herrod also played very nicely, IMO. Still waiting to see something out of Goree, Obi, and Shields.

Agree completely. It looks like Cunningham's starting to figure things out, too. He's starting to win some battles up front.

Major also made some plays too in the 2nd half...Ha even the play where he was confused they snapped the ball, he was still confused, started rushing the QB and got great pressure on him!

Major also made some plays too in the 2nd half...Ha even the play where he was confused they snapped the ball, he was still confused, started rushing the QB and got great pressure on him!
I re-watched the game today and we need to get Major on the field. He is sooooooooooo much faster than Smart. He closed so quickly to the ball it was amazing!! I love Smart's heart but we need speed at MLB.

I re-watched the game today and we need to get Major on the field. He is sooooooooooo much faster than Smart. He closed so quickly to the ball it was amazing!! I love Smart's heart but we need speed at MLB.
Good point, but I'm torn on this. I think Smart's overall experience and football IQ are the reasons for him being on the field. You won't see him make the mistakes a young LB like Major would.

Major is going to become an awesome player here. I'm glad to see him get some pt. He seems to have all the tools.

Good point, but I'm torn on this. I think Smart's overall experience and football IQ are the reasons for him being on the field. You won't see him make the mistakes a young LB like Major would.

Major is going to become an awesome player here. I'm glad to see him get some pt. He seems to have all the tools.

It's tough. With the number of spread offenses we are going to face, our LBs are going to be expected to cover some quick RBs and WRs. You want someone who knows what he is doing and knows where to be, but you also need someone who can keep up with the guys he has to cover.

We saw what happened in the CSU and Toledo games when you have someone who is fast but doesn't exactly know where to be. You get beat deep. But, when you have someone who can't keep up, you often get pecked to death with 10 yard gains.

Don't know what the answer is besides making sure you get your fastest guys up to speed on the gameplan part of it.

Beatty is going to be second team all-Big 12 at MINIMUM this year. I can feel it.

Beatty was awesome yesterday. I don't get why they the coaches don't put him and Rippy out there just to rush the passer in obvious passing situations. I'd also really like to see Smart not in there in those situations trying to cover a RB/TE that is just way too fast for him. Where has Sipili been this year too? Him and Burton seem to just impress in practice then disappear in games :(

Where has Sipili been this year too? Him and Burton seem to just impress in practice then disappear in games :(

I saw a piece in an article last week that reminded we have to remember they are practicing against our offense. A lot of defenses are going to look good against our offense this season and not so good against someone elses

Back