What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I'm not a moral victory kind of guy

Unleash Hell

But I came away impressed from the buffs today and think we are in good hands with a great future. We will take our lumps this year, but this is a completely different team as far as attitude and fight. I thought we improved a lot since the Ha VI EE game. Pass blocking saw a great improvement. I'm proud to be a buff!!!

Oh and Paul Richardson is a ****ing stud! He could be a first team all pac 12 WR. I can't imagine what he will do with Conner Wood throwing it to him. (If he stays) dude is freakishly good!

Last edited:
But I came away impressed from the buffs today and think we are in good hands with a great future. We will take our lumps this year, but this is a completely different team as far as attitude and fight. I thought we improved a lot since the Ha VI EE game. Pass blocking saw a great improvement. I'm proud to be a buff!!!

+1 but that's it. No more moral victories.

It was just rad to watch Embree and crew show some emotion. Embree was both super pumped and super pissed at times. Better than watching a philosophical douchebag. Haven't heard a crowd that loud since 62-36.

I mostly agree with what your saying, but this is where I'm stuck; we don't have all the necessary pieces to be a consistent winner and to get the pieces, we need to win. We're stuck in a vicious circle. We as fans can applaud a great effort and see improvement, but the reality is, no top recruits are going to come to a 2 or 3 win team, so we are in for another couple years of pain until we can somehow turn the corner. How do we turn the corner? I'm probably not making sense, just frustrated as hell.

Maybe but we better kill CSU next week or it will take away anything positive from this week

I'm very confident CU beats csu next Saturday. csu fans on ramnation are not happy although 2-0. Sounds like they know they are not good.

I was happy to see a ton of improvement in the pass blocking area. All around we improved from week 1 to week 2, but we also went from the road to home. Even under Hawk we always looked better at home.

Embree and crew are going to get us to where we want to get, but it's going to be awhile. We lack a lot in a quite a few areas.

4-5 star recruits don't guarantee success, look at Texas. They have been getting great classes and mostly look above mediocre to me. You establish your program and find players that fit into that scheme. Iowa does a great job at developing 2-3 star recruits and getting the most out of them. You can win with 3 star players if youre a good coach, sometimes those 3 or 4 star players end up being better than the 5 star players that were highly recruited. Ease the schedule a bit, get the kind of players you want, establish your program and develop consistency. The wins will start coming, and then those top recruits will start going to your school. But it's not built in one season.

Maybe but we better kill CSU next week or it will take away anything positive from this week

+1

I mostly agree with what your saying, but this is where I'm stuck; we don't have all the necessary pieces to be a consistent winner and to get the pieces, we need to win. We're stuck in a vicious circle. We as fans can applaud a great effort and see improvement, but the reality is, no top recruits are going to come to a 2 or 3 win team, so we are in for another couple years of pain until we can somehow turn the corner. How do we turn the corner? I'm probably not making sense, just frustrated as hell.

I think having an elite QB will help. Great QB's can do wonders for programs. We haven't had one of those in a logn time and we welcome two of them next year.

I'm very confident CU beats csu next Saturday. csu fans on ramnation are not happy although 2-0. Sounds like they know they are not good.

We play like we did today and we CRUSH them!

I was happy to see a ton of improvement in the pass blocking area. All around we improved from week 1 to week 2, but we also went from the road to home. Even under Hawk we always looked better at home.

Embree and crew are going to get us to where we want to get, but it's going to be awhile. We lack a lot in a quite a few areas.

Actually Hawkins usually took a step back from game 1 to 2. I am pumped we actually saw improvement.

This entire season is about getting better week to week. That's what rebuilding is.

We took a huge step forward today. No, it isn't a win but it is our mission this year.

Oh and Paul Richardson is a ****ing stud! He could be a first team all pac 12 WR. I can't imagine what he will do with Conner Wood throwing it to him. (If he stays) dude is freakishly good!

I came away impressed with Richardson and Rippy. The rest need to suck it up and start producing consistently so we can start WINNING games.

BTW Cal is not that good of a team. Losing to a mediocre team at home should not impress you regardless whether you think the team is in good hands (which I agree with)

Back