1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not a moral victory kind of guy

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

But I came away impressed from the buffs today and think we are in good hands with a great future. We will take our lumps this year, but this is a completely different team as far as attitude and fight. I thought we improved a lot since the Ha VI EE game. Pass blocking saw a great improvement. I'm proud to be a buff!!!

Oh and Paul Richardson is a ****ing stud! He could be a first team all pac 12 WR. I can't imagine what he will do with Conner Wood throwing it to him. (If he stays) dude is freakishly good!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  2. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

+1 but that's it. No more moral victories.

3. Unleash Hell

Lets be honest, it's gonna take time. We will see many more heartbreakers this year.

4. Drewdown

Drewdown Club Member Club Member

It was just rad to watch Embree and crew show some emotion. Embree was both super pumped and super pissed at times. Better than watching a philosophical douchebag. Haven't heard a crowd that loud since 62-36.

5. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

Maybe but we better kill CSU next week or it will take away anything positive from this week

6. Buffsfan09

Buffsfan09 Member

I mostly agree with what your saying, but this is where I'm stuck; we don't have all the necessary pieces to be a consistent winner and to get the pieces, we need to win. We're stuck in a vicious circle. We as fans can applaud a great effort and see improvement, but the reality is, no top recruits are going to come to a 2 or 3 win team, so we are in for another couple years of pain until we can somehow turn the corner. How do we turn the corner? I'm probably not making sense, just frustrated as hell.

7. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

I'm very confident CU beats csu next Saturday. csu fans on ramnation are not happy although 2-0. Sounds like they know they are not good.

8. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

I was happy to see a ton of improvement in the pass blocking area. All around we improved from week 1 to week 2, but we also went from the road to home. Even under Hawk we always looked better at home.

Embree and crew are going to get us to where we want to get, but it's going to be awhile. We lack a lot in a quite a few areas.

9. Chromeburn

Chromeburn Member

4-5 star recruits don't guarantee success, look at Texas. They have been getting great classes and mostly look above mediocre to me. You establish your program and find players that fit into that scheme. Iowa does a great job at developing 2-3 star recruits and getting the most out of them. You can win with 3 star players if youre a good coach, sometimes those 3 or 4 star players end up being better than the 5 star players that were highly recruited. Ease the schedule a bit, get the kind of players you want, establish your program and develop consistency. The wins will start coming, and then those top recruits will start going to your school. But it's not built in one season.

10. Unleash Hell

+1

I think having an elite QB will help. Great QB's can do wonders for programs. We haven't had one of those in a logn time and we welcome two of them next year.

We play like we did today and we CRUSH them!

Actually Hawkins usually took a step back from game 1 to 2. I am pumped we actually saw improvement.

11. LaserDeathHawk

LaserDeathHawk Club Member Club Member

This entire season is about getting better week to week. That's what rebuilding is.

We took a huge step forward today. No, it isn't a win but it is our mission this year.

12. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

I came away impressed with Richardson and Rippy. The rest need to suck it up and start producing consistently so we can start WINNING games.

BTW Cal is not that good of a team. Losing to a mediocre team at home should not impress you regardless whether you think the team is in good hands (which I agree with)