1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not sure whether to be pissed off or relieved it's finally over.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by sackman, Nov 28, 2008.

1. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I'm pissed off because we had so many opportunities to do great things this year, and we squandered every last stinking one of them. I'm relieved the year is finally over. I'm worried that next year might be more of the same. :cry:

2. ladyblaise

ladyblaise Club Member Club Member

it happened because of the vanilla ice. poopcan that. :smile2:

3. sackman

Notice the iceman has a different perspective on the world these days? :lol:

4. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

It was a bad season, but the Buffs will grow back.

[​IMG]

5. ladyblaise

some of the hair is gone, and he got colorz? :cool:

6. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Its sad we didn't finish a few of these games (A$M and Nebraska)..

Not sure about next year.. Actually kind of think there's more questions going into next year's spring than there were going into this year's.. Most notably, QB position..

7. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

The Vanilla Ice runner up.

[​IMG]

8. ladyblaise

no one here is in any doubt about what you think about any part of those games.

9. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

Doesn't mean he's wrong, especially about today...

10. sackman

We have big questions at QB and DT. We'll undoubtedly be much stronger at RB, OL, DB and LB than we were this year. I'd feel better about things if I knew for a fact that Hanson would be getting the majority of snaps with the first team throughout spring and fall camp. He has the skills to get the job done, he just needs to work on his timing with the offense.

As for DT, I'm a big fan of the Rabid Goldfish and Brandon Nicholas, but neither exactly had a spectacular year this year. That concerns me going into next year. If the two seniors on the line couldn't get the job done, what's going to happen with a RS Freshman or Soph in that position? :ahhhhh:

11. ladyblaise

yeah the world ended today. cats were sleeping with dogs. it was total chaos.

a team who was 15 point dogs LED the pack today right until the end. total travesty.

totally worth about 17 nosebleeds, an anurism, and acting like a spoiled brat. he was so SPOT ON, wasn't he? didn't ever go overboard, huh?

12. Buffarino

I never said that. Please try to pay attention to the words I say without making them up for yourself. Put the straw men away, thanks.

Jimmy said this:

I replied that he was right about today (not my exact words, but the intent behind them).

When you can't make the other team punt except for their first posession of the game, that's sad.

When you can't stop a team from scoring when your season is on the line, that's sad.

When you go into the prevent-a-win offense early in the 4th quarter of a close game against your arch rival, that's sad.

When you can't salt away the game when you have it won and all you need is a defensive stop with 3-4 minutes left, that's sad.

Argue semantics or any other bull**** you want, that's how I see the game today. It was sad CU couldn't pull out a win.

Now commence with the character assasination.:rolleyes:

13. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

The A&M game hurts the most. NU is a decent team, A&M is simply a bad football team.

14. Buffarino

They both hurt equally bad, IMO. A&M because they're just a bad team and NU because the Buffs had them beat and couldn't hold on to it.

15. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

I've noticed under Hawk, the DL plays great in the first part of the season and gets worse as the season goes on. Obviously depth plays a part, but it seems our play on the lines gets really worse as the season goes on..

Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  16. ladyblaise

i was crushed in college station. today too. however, i EXPECTED a win in CS.

how dramatic. :rolleyes: a philosophical question: can you assassinate character that is not there? resilience? tolerance? loyalty?

jimmy has said some cukoo ****. so have you, though you usually restrict it to the political forum. today was really crushing. however, MOST choose to take it in stride. only a select few choose to flap their wings and burst an artery over it, or to identify with those who do.

17. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

True. If this team wants to take the next step, we really need to figure out how to win on the road. Going 0-5 ain't gonna cut it.:huh:

18. ladyblaise

and what do you make of that?

19. Buffarino

Am I smart or what? I predicted you would do something and you did it anyway (maybe that makes you dumb, I dunno. Or maybe I'm smart AND you're dumb.).:lol:

Way to ignore the substance of my post. Bravo!:thumbsup:

20. Buffarino

BTW, before you go assaulting my loyalty to the Buffs, I spent in excess of $1,500 attending Buff games this year.

People who aren't loyal to a team usually don't do that...

21. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I'm still numb from today. That is three times the frigging fuskers game has sent a dagger through my heart from a game winning/losing FG. Fifty ****ing seven ****ing yards? You really have to be ****ting me. Just sickening. It is time for Football God to stop ****ing with the Buffs. It is time for Football God to start ****ing over the fuskers. They deserve it. We do not.

That being said, I am not the little crying Buff old man. Years of emotionally season ending games have kind of sapped much of the emotion, i.e. crying kid stuff, out of me.

So, onward and upward. I have a kind of bad feeling that this recruiting class will be sub par. But that is really the only negative thing I can say. I believe that next year will be very positive. This team will turn things around big time. The bummer is having to, yet again, wait 9 ****ing months. When I was a kid, nine months was, like, 1% of my remaining life. Now, it is, like, 4%, :lol:. And that isn't factoring in the alzheimer years. :sad1:

22. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

:dito: :yeahthat: :sad1:

FIFY :cool: