What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I'm on the "Fire Hawkins" bandwagon now

I honestly believe in the young men on this team. We have talent. Enough talent to beat most teams in the Big XII, I think. I believe Hawkins, Kiesau, and Johnson are not getting it done. We should have been able to exert our will on csu. While we did to some extent in the first half, we totally went in the tank in the second half. That is what pisses me off. We did not crush their throats. Our running game has GOT to bet better. Tyler has to get better. We played with absolutley no fire in the second half. That is on Hawkins, Kiesau and Johnson.
Hallelujah!!!
That has been my stance for 2 years. I don't hate the buffs, on the contrary, I love the kids on the team and know they are not the problem, the coaching staff is just not getting as much out of them as they should. Hawk and Co. are just not a good fit for a BCS team. Time to move on.

We shall see what happens next week. From what I saw today and, given our road woes, I don't give us much of a chance. I hate saying that becuse, coming into the season, I believed we had a really good shot. I just don't think our offensive staff has the wherewithall to put a great game plan together. But I always remain hopeful.

I honestly believe in the young men on this team. We have talent. Enough talent to beat most teams in the Big XII, I think. I believe Hawkins, Kiesau, and Johnson are not getting it done. We should have been able to exert our will on csu. While we did to some extent in the first half, we totally went in the tank in the second half. That is what pisses me off. We did not crush their throats. Our running game has GOT to bet better. Tyler has to get better. We played with absolutley no fire in the second half. That is on Hawkins, Kiesau and Johnson.

I'm shocked, DBT. Hawk brought these young men in, and these young men believe in Hawk. And this game was never in doubt. I can't believe you are jumping ship after an easy win against a team who gears up for Colorado ALL YEAR. I'm still on board. Hawk has brought in some great players.

I'm not going to read through this thread.

We won by a ****load and beat the spead. Keep winning.

I'm not going to read through this thread.

We won by a ****load and beat the spead. Keep winning.

istock_000002210446xsmall.jpg
:smile2:

csu has some young guys with promise. given their youth, and our experience, and 2 nfl'ers on our ol, CU should have won by 40. they let up and they showed no killer instinct in the 2nd half. i hate that. plus, i still hate our freaking blocking schemes. that is not a design that will maul people.

on the plus side, th had a great game and proved he's the starter. speedy also showed again why he is so valuable to us-- he continues to get hit in the backfield and still make plays.

the d, in general, played pretty well, and i liked the schemes better on that side of the ball than last year, for sure.

the sheep are going to get better. if that is CU at the peak of a 5 year cycle under hawkins, then we are in trouble again this year. but, it was only the first game. i'll remain hopeful for big improvements. no way this team hangs with cal unless it gets a lot better in the next week.

True. That effort was good enough/bad enough for a 6-6 year. Long, long way from where it needs to be.

somehow I think dont Hack will win too many more games. I'm really glad we beat the goats and shut those delusional arseholes up for another year, but it doesnt look to good against Cal and UGA who BTW looked pretty darn good today. There are major improvements that need to be done before next week if this team thinks they have a real chance against much better teams. Those friggin penalties need to stop, typical Hackins teams, very little discipline.

Last edited:
I will give Hawk credit for a lot of things including bringing in some pretty good players, good enough to win against most of the teams we will face.

Unfortunately as we have seen for four years and again today, Hawk does not have what it takes to get the potential out of these players at this level. We won by a solid margin today but based on the talent we played against any decent team would have won by the same or a much higher margin.

The bad news is that we will again have to deal with losing some games this year that we should win. The good new is that when Hawkins is finally sent on his way, his successor will have some quality players to work with.

Anybody see Ole Miss vs JSU? Maybe that's why Hawkins played it conservative.

I'll take a 21 point win over anybody any day of the week. We've lost to MT State AT HOME, crushed by a mid-level MAC team on national TV. No it wasn't perfect, but CSU was never a factor. Everybody agrees that CU is the one game season for CSU, they want this game more than any other on their schedule, and we still crushed them with a lackluster effort. Hawk lost me last year, but calling for his head now is a bit premature.

If we win next week, I'll be on the Hawk bandwagon, :lol: One game at a time. But from what I saw today, I just don't see it. I don't know what it was about today's game, but it turned me off. It was boring. No fire. No electricity. The same old stupid penalties as last year.

But, on the plus side, our D looked good and Clemons, Patterson, Jefferson, McNight, even Cefalo are the real deal. I cannot believe we did not try to go over the top once. Maybe we were just showing our vanilla stuff, I don't know. I guess why I'm bummed is that we did not go for the jugular in the second half. We just took our foot off the gas and, like Liver says, I can't stand that.

So, after what I saw today, I just do not think Hawk is the guy to take us back to a perennial top 20 program.

Oh, and CarGo is ****ing sick.

What a lackluster performance. I thought this team would show emotion, given the circumstances. They showed none. Good to see Hawkins decry the offense as being "sloppy." But this effort was awful. If that is all Hawkins can give us, then fire him. We should have put 40 to 50+ on the rammies. I have NO hope for Cal and Georgia unless this offense makes MEGA improvements. The only hope is that, after we got the big lead, we did not want to show anything for next week.

DBT - SHOX THE WORLD!!! JUMPS OFF THE TALKINS BANDWAGON!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!! Calm down DBT, Talkins is still working on the little things and trying to cinch things up before the CAL game!!! :smile2:

Wholeheartedly agree with most of the opinions on this thread. Talkins is simply a terrible coach. Aside from actually having some receivers now, I felt like I was watching last year's team for much of the game: the incredible amount of penalties, baffling play calls, and virtually no pass rush.

That CSU team was just so pitiful. Should have beaten them by another three or four touchdowns. And all we get is the same BS out of the coach's mouth: "We just need to clean things up."

First of all, I love the win and winning by 21. Nice win. Now the bad....The D did not give up points but never, never put pressure on the frosh QB. They held a very bad offense in check. Our O is not good. We have talent and should have crushed this lambie team. Our production from a yardage and point standpoint was piss poor considering what we played today. These were two bad teams on the field. Niether are going to win many more games. 5 at best for the Buffs based on what I saw today.

This reminded me a lot of the Wyoming win last year. I don't think you can take much from it. We did what we were supposed to do, didn't give anything away for Cal scouts, and victory was never in doubt.

DBT, I'm shocked that someone who stuck by Hawk through last season would choose this game as the reason for falling off the bandwagon. It was a solid win that didn't really tell us a lot. Cal's going to be very instructive.

DBT, I'm shocked that someone who stuck by Hawk through last season would choose this game as the reason for falling off the bandwagon. It was a solid win that didn't really tell us a lot. Cal's going to be very instructive.

dont be shocked. he will come around. he is just giddy over the win and does not know how to react. he will get his nap in tonight and be back in the normal state tomorrow. he cant help it. :smile2:

DBT, did you attend the game or watch it on TV?

I attended the game and was impressed. Maybe it was the heat. I'm trying to watch it again on my DVR and the announcers are actually ruining the experience for me.

Our defense played well - no gashers. Our offense... Yes, they still have some 'grinding' to do. I think that Hawk didn't make any obvious coaching mistakes today. Eitherway, first play was a false start. So there are still those small things on the O-line.

DBT is screwing with us....just to see our reaction. No doubt that he remains on the Hawk bandwagon....

I'm not screwing with anyone. I expected better execution. We could easily have put another three TD's on them. WE did not look as good as we should have. I just do not see Dan taking us consistantly into the top 20.

I can count CSU's good plays on my testicles. Pretty disappointing.

LOL.
#1 Watching the game without pants again?
#2 You are suggesting CSU beat itself.
#3 You've got nothing on Lance Armstrong.

Like Nik said this game played out exactly like the Wyoming game last year. Not much to take from it other than we need to play better next week if we want to beat Cal. I must say though, I thought Hawaii was the worst team we would play in the OOC schedule, pretty sure I was dead wrong. We'll know a lot more after the Georgia game.

I'm not sure what surprises me more, DBT trying reverse psychology or how many people fall for it :smile2:

I remember two years ago when we won a similar game against the Rammies and everyone was saying how it was only because they only used a tiny percentage of the playbook. It'll be interesting to see how the season plays out. One down, it's my birthday and I'm going to be happy about it.

Go Buffs!

DBT - this strikes me as a pathetic attempt to get some street cred with the haters.

Get back into the sunshine, with a tall frosty glass of Kool Aid. It's a much more comfortable place for you (and me).

Go Buffs! A contract extension for Dan is just seven wins away....

I think the players showed some emotion, or we have a bunch of guys getting 15 yard penalties for no reason. The emotions came down rather quick after having only 50,000 people in a 76,000 capacity stadium (with 20,000 cheering for the other team). That place would have sucked the life out of a 55-0 win. It was terrible.

I am more interested to see if Hawk can get the players to show emotion in a road game. This week will have the best road attendance for CU fans in Hawks tenure, so it will whow the best he can do.

THe worst part of the game was the penalties. Two on the opening drive. It was nice to see we could over come 1, but we weren't able to over come the second. Then we came out in the second half and had 50 yards of penalties in under 2:30. Tha kind of set the tone for a boring second half.

I hope the coaching staff was holding back in the second half, but more than likely that is who we are.

I'm not screwing with anyone. I expected better execution. We could easily have put another three TD's on them. WE did not look as good as we should have. I just do not see Dan taking us consistantly into the top 20.
What are you saying...that we need to work on the little things? :smile2:

This game definitely told us more about CSU than it did about us. We'll know alot more after next week's game at Cal.

Back