What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I'm pulling for Hawk and the guys

i don't know why i bother, but i will try once again... dbt, your personal attacks against scott and smith are out of line. student-athletes, even those that leave here, should be respected. furthermore, 99.99% of the people here want the team to succeed. hell, every week, we pull for the team and live and die by the results.

coaches get paid lots and lots of OUR money to win. these coaches have failed miserably. they have failed in an historically unprecedented manner for our program. they are not above criticism. they get paid to take the heat. it comes with the job. hawkins is going to depart our university with several million of OUR dollars. this is the tradeoff.

no one reasonable wants anything bad to happen to hawkins the person. he seems like a good man. all reasonable fans want is for him to take his horrific failure and leave so that we can try again with a new staff.

i don't know why this is so hard for you to grasp. this is a results-oriented endeavor. they've failed. say it with me, dbt: they've failed.
good effort, but don't waste any more of your time....

I'll agree with the main point....I definitely am pulling for Coach Hawk & the team as well. There's nothing more that I would rather want than for them to win out and for Hawk to succeed.

I've said it a few times, but I think Hawk is a genuinely great person who deserves much more than what people are calling him. His coaching abilities are definitely suspect, but he still has done some good things for the program.

Like I said, I really still want Hawkins to succeed. I would love to see. I just haven't seen anything for me to believe that's possible, and you can't hold on forever to false hopes/dreams.

I am too. I want them to win. I believe in the players as well. I just don't believe in the coaches anymore.

DBT, I respect your opinion on backing Hawkins although I do disagree 100%. But I don't understand why you feel it is ok to rip on players like Scott and Smith and say stuff about them being lazy, slackers, not caring about academics but only athletics, and other things like that yet you get so pissed off when someone rips on Hawk. It's supposed to be the other way around man! How do you know Scott doesn't care about academics and is lazy??

FWIW, look closely at Dan's neck the next time you see him. And DBT, too, if you run into him. You'll see they share something important.

me-to-you-jewellery-split-heart-best-friend-pendant-necklaces-1043-p.jpg

I really am. Because I'm sick and tired of all of you IDOTS! Yeah, things are bad now. But the guys believe in Hawk and if they believe in Hawk, I believe in them and in Hawk. I'm pulling for the guy to turn this thing around. And I still believe he can.

I know most of you kids think I'm an old crack pot. So be it. One thing for sure, it is difficult/hard to take a positive stand for Dan and the program on boards like this. I, Chilly, and a few others are blowin' in the wind. But I still think these kids are closer than many/most believe.

Dude, good for you! I do not have a problem with your position on Hawk at all. I just do not agree with it. You might want to practice some of what you are preaching though. Show some tolerance of others and let it go that some want to string the guy and run him out of town. You do not and that is cool.

I think all of us would love to see him win out and have the team go to a bowl. Ain't going to happen but we would all love to see it. I will be screaming my head off for a win Saturday and pulling for the team/kids to play well. After word, I will still want the Hawk gone. You will not. Agree to disagree. Let it go.

Dude, good for you! I do not have a problem with your position on Hawk at all. I just do not agree with it. You might want to practice some of what you are preaching though. Show some tolerance of others and let it go that some want to string the guy and run him out of town. You do not and that is cool.

I think all of us would love to see him win out and have the team go to a bowl. Ain't going to happen but we would all love to see it. I will be screaming my head off for a win Saturday and pulling for the team/kids to play well. After word, I will still want the Hawk gone. You will not. Agree to disagree. Let it go.
Let what go? I have no problem whatsoever with anyone pissed at Hawkins. Really. I don't. I just don't think that raking CU over the coals is productive in any way. I'm an idot in that way.

First, come on, DH, despite his problems, is not Chuck Fairbanks. Come on. Fairbanks was Nero. He was an asshole who did not want to be here. Next, Scott and Smith were not even close to our "best players." Smith and Scott were slackers. They did not work. They expected everyone to bend over for them. Come on man. Wake up.

OUt of line. You have no idea what is going on. All we can say is that there are an awful lot of walk ons seeing playing time and talented kids sitting on the bench. You put the playmakers on the field and get them involved. Stop bashing these two kids DBT. You have not been inside the program and have no idea what has been going on.

Let what go? I have no problem whatsoever with anyone pissed at Hawkins. Really. I don't. I just don't think that raking CU over the coals is productive in any way. I'm an idot in that way.

Never said you are an idiot and would not do that. Do not believe you are an idiot or an idot :lol:

I will also be there Saturday. I will also be pulling for the Buffs.

I will be in powder blue, because as much as I want to believe in miracles, I do not think it is wise to plan on them.

I will also be there Saturday. I will also be pulling for the Buffs.

I will be in powder blue, because as much as I want to believe in miracles, I do not think it is wise to plan on them.
goddamit now hawkins is making me agree with Junc. ****ing conspiracy this year :bang:

I'm confused, when did it become okay to rip on Scott and Smith when it was made abundantly clear how awful a practice it was to rip on Cody and even the Head Coach?? Hawk and Cody may go above and beyond and hell, may be better people than Scott and Smith, but that doesn't make Scott or Smith bad people. You don't know if they didn't work hard or don't care about grades, wtf? You sound dumber than the people that ran around for awhile claiming Cody only played because his dad was HC. Come on DBT, you're better than this.

I cannot deny that. But something changed me.

You probably went and held your Dan Hawkins doll for a while, the one that says "we'll see" and "don't gash me" when you squeeze its tummy :smile2:

The biggest problem I have with all of the Hawk bashing is the players feelings. I'm guilty of some barbs too, and even reiterating that we support their effort, etc. it is almost impossible to disassociate them from the head coach. I'm sure most of the players do take the attacks personally with is extremely unfortunate.

I really am. Because I'm sick and tired of all of you IDOTS! Yeah, things are bad now. But the guys believe in Hawk and if they believe in Hawk, I believe in them and in Hawk. I'm pulling for the guy to turn this thing around. And I still believe he can.

I know most of you kids think I'm an old crack pot. So be it. One thing for sure, it is difficult/hard to take a positive stand for Dan and the program on boards like this. I, Chilly, and a few others are blowin' in the wind. But I still think these kids are closer than many/most believe.

Uh oh...
you put Chilly's name in your post. You are in trouble now. Nobody uses his name in a post and gets away with it.

Oh ****...I used his name too. I'd better brace for the worst.

I'm going to give an outsiders honest take on this. I've seen CU do some amazing things on both sides of the ball....call it...sparks of genius. Your team CAN execute. Look at that 3rd quarter with Mizzou. You were just ramming it down their throats. Your biggest problems are consistency and motivation.

Do I think Hawk is a good coach and knows what he's doing? Actually....yes I do.

Now, do I think he is a good fit for where you want to head as a program. No I don't.

You have to treat your HC like he was an employee for you. If he consistently keeps dropping the ball and not getting the job done...he has to be let go, plain and simple. No harsh feelings, it's just the way it's gotta be.

In all honesty, I would have let him go after his 2nd year. He wouldn't have made it past his first year at Nebraska and you guys should expect the same from your program.

To be crazy honest....I'm worried about our situation a lot. I'm not liking what I'm seeing from my team this year....It's not Bo though....I think a change needs to be made at Offensive coordinator if we dont see drastic improvement in the second half of this season.

Last edited:
I'm going to give an outsiders honest take on this. I've seen CU do some amazing things on both sides of the ball....call it...sparks of genius. Your team CAN execute. Look at that 3rd quarter with Mizzou. You were just ramming it down their throats. Your biggest problems are consistency and motivation.

Do I think Hawk is a good coach and knows what he's doing? Actually....yes I do.

Now, do I think he is a good fit for where you want to head as a program. No I don't.

You have to treat your HC like he was an employee for you. If he consistently keeps dropping the ball and not getting the job done...he has to be let go, plain and simple. No harsh feelings, it's just the way it's gotta be.

In all honesty, I would have let him go after his 2nd year. He wouldn't have made it past his first year at Nebraska and you guys should expect the same from your program.

To be crazy honest....I'm worried about our situation a lot. I'm not liking what I'm seeing from my team this year....It's not Bo though....I think a change needs to be made at Offensive coordinator if we dont see drastic improvement in the second half of this season.
ya, losing to ISU at home would worry me too :wink2:

Hooraaay for thrashed expectations!

I've suspected it for a while, but now I believe it. You ARE Mike Bohn, aren't you. Bohn was hired in April of '95. You joined in Aug of '95. You blindly pump the court jester we have coaching right now. Bohn blindly pumps the court jester we have coaching right now. It's all starting to make sense... hrmmmm :nod:

I don't think an apathetic fan base is the way to go either. I always want the kids to win. If Hawk can win out and go to a bowl game and give a resonable accounting of the team, then I think he deserves another chance next year. But what I want, and what I think will happen is two different things. I think the kids will be let down completely by this staff and while we may win one or two, I cannot see three or four wins. And so I state that if he does not make a bowl game, then he has proven what most feel is the real deal--- he cannot coach at this level of competition. Pulling off the occational upset of a top team is one thing when you only play one top team a year (like he did in Boise), but when you play decent competition for almost every game, you get records like he has. You can see on his face that his bag of tricks is empty, and yet, to him, it is the kids letting him down. He has no clue that his staff has not been good enough to coach these kids up.

Back