What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I'm pulling for Hawk and the guys

I'm confused, when did it become okay to rip on Scott and Smith when it was made abundantly clear how awful a practice it was to rip on Cody and even the Head Coach?? Hawk and Cody may go above and beyond and hell, may be better people than Scott and Smith, but that doesn't make Scott or Smith bad people. You don't know if they didn't work hard or don't care about grades, wtf? You sound dumber than the people that ran around for awhile claiming Cody only played because his dad was HC. Come on DBT, you're better than this.

A huge difference is that one, Hawk and Junior are coaches. Well, we all know Junior will be one-- it's not like he is gunning for the NFL. SMith and Scott-- the NFL is their meal ticket. And when they can see that it will not ever get punched while riding this wreck of a train, I can see changing trains for one that has a better chance of getting them to their goals. That does not make them bad people-- to me, it makes them smart. Both were relying on talent and where not getting coached up IMO.

. Next, Scott and Smith were not even close to our "best players." Smith and Scott were slackers. They did not work. They expected everyone to bend over for them.

Where did you get that b.s.? How do you know that?

Keep it up DBT and CU will be lucky to get 1* recruits.

Hawkins has made a mess of the program...open your eyes and stop defending him. It just irritates people.

I really am. Because I'm sick and tired of all of you IDOTS! Yeah, things are bad now. But the guys believe in Hawk and if they believe in Hawk, I believe in them and in Hawk. I'm pulling for the guy to turn this thing around. And I still believe he can.

I know most of you kids think I'm an old crack pot. So be it. One thing for sure, it is difficult/hard to take a positive stand for Dan and the program on boards like this. I, Chilly, and a few others are blowin' in the wind. But I still think these kids are closer than many/most believe.
Can you give us something new?
beating_dead-horse-gif.gif

i don't know why i bother, but i will try once again... dbt, your personal attacks against scott and smith are out of line. student-athletes, even those that leave here, should be respected. furthermore, 99.99% of the people here want the team to succeed. hell, every week, we pull for the team and live and die by the results.

coaches get paid lots and lots of OUR money to win. these coaches have failed miserably. they have failed in an historically unprecedented manner for our program. they are not above criticism. they get paid to take the heat. it comes with the job. hawkins is going to depart our university with several million of OUR dollars. this is the tradeoff.

no one reasonable wants anything bad to happen to hawkins the person. he seems like a good man. all reasonable fans want is for him to take his horrific failure and leave so that we can try again with a new staff.

i don't know why this is so hard for you to grasp. this is a results-oriented endeavor. they've failed. say it with me, dbt: they've failed.

Then support the other 90 guys on this team that are trying their ass off instead of tearing down the program and everything they are working for. Scott and Smith QUIT with odd timing and for selfish reasons. Josh was a starter and a playmaker, albeit an underachiever. He left Kiesau's offensive plan for WR in chaos. Pure and simple. That was about Josh not about the Buffaloes. DS following him is neither a surprise nor a glorious thing. He quit 7 games into the season because he hated the coach or he wasn't playing enough. He's got a big smile on his face for getting his release. Yippee.

No way I am going to support those guys. They quit on their teammates. End of story. Marqueesha all over again. I do not expect to ever say "man, if we only had those two guys" - not ever.

The team is still behind Hawkins because they played bad in the 1H and much better in the 2H vs. Mizzou. Horrible - yes. But not a sign they've quit.

Nick Saban did a presser last week stating that players should be focused on only playing their best. When other motivations such as "revenge" or (my words) "saving the coaches job" enter into it, it is too taxing and defocusing to the actual goal. Saban went on to say this type of thinking is counter-productive to winning.

No group of players ever wanted to win more than the 70-3 loss at UT, as they loved GB and his coaches. They made that season so personal they failed miserably at the end. This team has done the same.

This is not a statement that we should keep Hawkins. I don't think we should at this point. I just don't think that DS leaving is a coaching issue, it's a player issue. I don't think the miserable effort we saw vs. Mizzou in the first half is a "quit on the staff" issue, but more likely the opposite.

Focus on the opponent not on saving the staff. They probably can't and won't and thus the end is near. I don't expect a better result on Saturday. I expect a bunch of players taking the blame and not understanding how they let down. This is not the mentality a team needs to win. And so we start anew.

Where did you get that b.s.? How do you know that?

Keep it up DBT and CU will be lucky to get 1* recruits.

Hawkins has made a mess of the program...open your eyes and stop defending him. It just irritates people.
I'm confused here. It is OK to continually rip the coaches and the program? That doesn't hurt recruiting? But saying something about a couple of guys that aren't even on the team will? Give me a break.

I could easily defend myself on you question, but I'll just get ripped if I do.

I'm confused here. It is OK to continually rip the coaches and the program? That doesn't hurt recruiting? But saying something about a couple of guys that aren't even on the team will? Give me a break.

I could easily defend myself on you question, but I'll just get ripped if I do.
appreciate your effort DBT, and I know it comes from the right place, but even you have to get tired of setting yourself up for abuse at some point. Hawk does too. I admire your faith, and I wish I saw the evidence to support it. Good luck bud.

Under most circumstances I would be critical of DS and of Smith, in this situation I cannot be. When the problem happens once or twice out of a team of +/- 80 scholarship players then I would say the problem is with the players. When you have the number of inexplicable personel decisions that this team has had over the past four years, when you have clearly contradictory and inconsistent statements from the coaches as often as we have heard out of Hawk, when the program is clearly in dissaray and collapse as this one is then it is hard to ignore the players time after time.

Scott has had some issues here, I do believe that he came in out of shape, I do believe that he is not as proficient as Sumler picking up the blitz, I do believe that he hurt his knee.

At the same time if the coaches were held to the same standards that they supposively have for the players they would be benched and out of the game.

The coaches job is not to play the hardest workers and the overachievers. The coaches job is to win and you do that by putting the best players on the field and getting them to perform to their abilities. The coaches job is to motivate and inspire, not try to get players who do not have the skills to compete in situations that they clearly are not capable of.

15-30 tells us that the fault lies with Hawk, 2-6 this year with embarassing losses to teams who have no business are further proof. If this team was winning then we would have an argument that DS and Smith were wrong, based on what is happening now, I don't see how you can blame it on anyone but Hawk and his staff (who are ultimately his responsibility as well.)

Then support the other 90 guys on this team that are trying their ass off instead of tearing down the program and everything they are working for. Scott and Smith QUIT with odd timing and for selfish reasons. Josh was a starter and a playmaker, albeit an underachiever. He left Kiesau's offensive plan for WR in chaos. Pure and simple. That was about Josh not about the Buffaloes. DS following him is neither a surprise nor a glorious thing. He quit 7 games into the season because he hated the coach or he wasn't playing enough. He's got a big smile on his face for getting his release. Yippee.

No way I am going to support those guys. They quit on their teammates. End of story. Marqueesha all over again. I do not expect to ever say "man, if we only had those two guys" - not ever.

The team is still behind Hawkins because they played bad in the 1H and much better in the 2H vs. Mizzou. Horrible - yes. But not a sign they've quit.

Nick Saban did a presser last week stating that players should be focused on only playing their best. When other motivations such as "revenge" or (my words) "saving the coaches job" enter into it, it is too taxing and defocusing to the actual goal. Saban went on to say this type of thinking is counter-productive to winning.

No group of players ever wanted to win more than the 70-3 loss at UT, as they loved GB and his coaches. They made that season so personal they failed miserably at the end. This team has done the same.

This is not a statement that we should keep Hawkins. I don't think we should at this point. I just don't think that DS leaving is a coaching issue, it's a player issue. I don't think the miserable effort we saw vs. Mizzou in the first half is a "quit on the staff" issue, but more likely the opposite.

Focus on the opponent not on saving the staff. They probably can't and won't and thus the end is near. I don't expect a better result on Saturday. I expect a bunch of players taking the blame and not understanding how they let down. This is not the mentality a team needs to win. And so we start anew.

****ing awesome post.

Nobody ever said you guys had to support what Smith and Scott do, but you don't have throw them under the bus with outrageous comments that you don't even know to be factual.

And Buffaholic, are you really going to talk about quitters and then speak of NICK SABAN in a positive light? I take it you're not a Dolphins fan, that guy is the epitome of quitter. He certainly knows a thing or two about planning your own exit while keeping his game face on. If he's telling the Alabama faithful to keep their mind on the game then he's probably planning a move to Notre Dame at the end of the season or something. He's a true tool.

Look all I'm trying to get across here is that it's pretty pathetic to be attacking Smith and Scott for doing what they think is the best for themselves. Yes, that does not help the team and they're being selfish. Don't support them if you feel that way. Smith honestly wanted to get a degree in music, we didn't have that at CU or he'd probably still be here. Maybe he felt he got ****ed around by the coaches, who knows. If they really didn't work hard or want to be Buffs, then why do you guys care so much? Say good-bye and call it a day. You don't have to say, "Good-bye, you stupid fat idiots who can't work hard and want to major in Jay-Z."

DBT is one loyal dude. Who wouldn't want a friend like the man in pink? While I may not agree with where Hawk is leading the program and probably think a change should be made, you have to give ol' DBT credit for being about as doggedly loyal as anyone.

Nobody ever said you guys had to support what Smith and Scott do, but you don't have throw them under the bus with outrageous comments that you don't even know to be factual.

And Buffaholic, are you really going to talk about quitters and then speak of NICK SABAN in a positive light? I take it you're not a Dolphins fan, that guy is the epitome of quitter. He certainly knows a thing or two about planning your own exit while keeping his game face on. If he's telling the Alabama faithful to keep their mind on the game then he's probably planning a move to Notre Dame at the end of the season or something. He's a true tool.

Look all I'm trying to get across here is that it's pretty pathetic to be attacking Smith and Scott for doing what they think is the best for themselves. Yes, that does not help the team and they're being selfish. Don't support them if you feel that way. Smith honestly wanted to get a degree in music, we didn't have that at CU or he'd probably still be here. Maybe he felt he got ****ed around by the coaches, who knows. If they really didn't work hard or want to be Buffs, then why do you guys care so much? Say good-bye and call it a day. You don't have to say, "Good-bye, you stupid fat idiots who can't work hard and want to major in Jay-Z."

They quit on there team. That is not an attack it is the facts as they exist. I wish both of them well in their future endevours, but since they chose to take the easy way out and bail on CU, there is not love lost. I don't wish ill on them, but at this point I have moved on.

I'm an LSU fan, and don't have any bad feelings toward Saban. He's a business man - pure and simple. He has no allegiances.

They quit on there team. That is not an attack it is the facts as they exist. I wish both of them well in their future endevours, but since they chose to take the easy way out and bail on CU, there is not love lost. I don't wish ill on them, but at this point I have moved on.
Some kids leave for good reasons, some don't. I don't think Josh and Darrell did. That is all I will say about them anymore. They aren't Buffs. So long guys. Have a good life.

Some kids leave for good reasons, some don't. I don't think Josh and Darrell did. That is all I will say about them anymore. They aren't Buffs. So long guys. Have a good life.
wyobuff disagrees with you :huh:

Will Dan also be kind of dead to you in that way once he's no longer a Buff?

I really am. Because I'm sick and tired of all of you IDOTS! Yeah, things are bad now. But the guys believe in Hawk and if they believe in Hawk, I believe in them and in Hawk. I'm pulling for the guy to turn this thing around. And I still believe he can.

I know most of you kids think I'm an old crack pot. So be it. One thing for sure, it is difficult/hard to take a positive stand for Dan and the program on boards like this. I, Chilly, and a few others are blowin' in the wind. But I still think these kids are closer than many/most believe.

He must first admit he isn't doing it the right way to turn it around and people with an ego like him can never admit they are wrong. Not going to happen.

Sigh...I think you of all people should understand that kids sometimes go through tough times and they need support not ridicule.

So they are not Buffs. So the hell what? They are not born and bred in CO. They had an opportunity, it didn't work out and they will go on somewhere else. Probably never look back.

****...if I were them and had to put up with all the crap, I'd be glad to get out too.

Well, a "good reason" had better be a REALLY good reason, in my mind.
like being rushed back from a knee surgery after being forced to play on it while injured (and obviously not close to 100%)?

Sigh...I think you of all people should understand that kids sometimes go through tough times and they need support not ridicule.

So they are not Buffs. So the hell what? They are not born and bred in CO. They had an opportunity, it didn't work out and they will go on somewhere else. Probably never look back.

****...if I were them and had to put up with all the crap, I'd be glad to get out too.

Is this another California is better than Colorado post?

Is this another California is better than Colorado post?

No. But since I am in CA and not CO I see things differently and probably so did those guys.

They went to CU to play football and believed in a "promise" by the staff....they didn't go to become a convert to some religion or something. If they had a good experience they probably would have been proud to be Buffs for Life but it didn't work out that way.

After awhile, it starts to sound trite....everyone knows Hawkins has made a mess of things so now the focus is off him where it belongs and on to Scott. Pretty crappy I think.

Back