What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I'm Seriously Close To Rooting For Buff Losses If It Guarantees A New Coach

I don't root againt the Buffs and I never will, but it has come to this: when we beat Kansas, the joy of victory was extremely tempered by the fact that Hawk's odds of staying increased and when we lost to KSU, the agony of defeat was nothing compared to what it usually is because I knew Hawk's leash just got a little shorter. Never get too high or too low, I guess.

Never EVER thought I'd have this thought cross my mind-

Truth be known buffson want to play for Texas growing up. I even ran out and got Longhorn gear when they contacted him. My daughter graduated from Austin last year and I sent and am sending a boatload of money to that hellhole. The thought crossed my mind of becoming a homer for the homers. The sad fact is I still can't even consider saying hookem and burnt orange makes me want to :puke:

However I am reluctant to wish for anything good to happen for CU FB until his coaching staff is a distant memory. I really feel for the players as it has to be as difficult as what some of the players went through during the height of the non-scandal.

I still want them to win, but I can certainly see where you're coming from. What buffnik posted seems pretty accurate to me. We need to win every game minus OSU and we just might be ok. Now if we end up with 5 wins or so.. hopefully that's enough to convince Bohn that we need a serious change. I do want to see the players do well no matter what, though. I want to see Hansen play well so we have a clue about our QB position next year. I want to see Simas, Wright and Simmons get some PT at WR and catch some damn balls. I want to see our OL step it up. I'd like for our D to play a little more aggressive.

I've been thinking about this all day and here's what I realized:

How hard I cheer and what I cheer for has zero influence on whether the Buffs win or lose. So I'm going to go on rooting my ass off for CU victories. And when the inevitable Hawkins disappointments come, I'll at least have a silver lining to put a band-aid on my misery.

Will always hope for a Buffs win. But no worries- with Hawkins making the decisions, the losses will come anyway.

Could never root against CU, even if I dont agree with just about anything the staff does. In the 4th my son said, "dad lets go outside and throw, they are gonna lose again." He is only 6 and I did go throw the ball with him, had enough torture for one day.

Never EVER thought I'd have this thought cross my mind-

people- If Hawk keeps his job he gets to recruit on the basis of a
3-9 or 4-8 season and I fully expect the 2010 recruiting class to be
between 50-60th ranked at best.

then look at next years schedule :cry: I don't see more than 4 wins

DateOpponentSeptember 4*at Colorado State September 11*at California September 18*Hawaii October 2*Georgia October 9at Missouri October 16Baylor October 23Texas Tech October 30at Oklahoma November 6at Kansas November 13Iowa State November 20Kansas State November 26at Nebraska

If Bohn doesn't can Juicebox we aren't going to see a winning season in Boulder for at least 3 years. Get a new coach in here and we have a chance right the ship stop the bleeding.
I would like to see Hawk replaced but I could never cheer against the Buffs in the hope that that would happen. What is sad is that I don't get too upset at a loss anymore.:sad1:

If you bleed black and gold you will never even consider doing that. Be mad as hell at the coaching staff but support the team and the school always.

Things will never get bad enough for me to start to root for the Buffs to lose. Never.

I'm the same way, but ITB and I were talking today, and it occurred to me that if CU manages to win it's three remaining home games, Hawk will be retained for another year. No doubt in my mind about it. If they finish the year by beating *ebraska, the attitude will be dramatically different. Hawkins will remain an incompetent moron, but he will have saved his job.

Is that a good thing?

Let's burn that bridge when we get to it. For now, I'm rooting for the team to win out. I can not fathom any circumstance where I would root otherwise.

I will root for the Buffs to WIN. Never, ever, ever, ever, ever root for your team to lose.

The worst that could happen is that they would.... WIN. Hawkins would WIN and he might stay on and WIN some more. Not likely, but it could happen.

I will root for the Buffs to WIN. Never, ever, ever, ever, ever root for your team to lose.

The worst that could happen is that they would.... WIN. Hawkins would WIN and he might stay on and WIN some more. Not likely, but it could happen.

I disagree. The worst that can happen is that Hawk wins just enough to keep his job. 4-5 games would probably do it this year.

Awesome... So if it were up to everyone in here, we would just settle for being 5-7 every year. Good job you guys!

Do you all not understand that Hawkins will just keep on being average at best and probably get new contracts to do it? Our only hope of ever winning again is getting rid of him and the AD sure isn't going to be forced to do it unless he keeps up what he has been doing so far this season. If he wins 2-3 more games this year then Bohn can point to that as the reason for keeping him around and replaying this season again next year.

I am sorry, but anything less than 10 wins is not good enough for me and if consistently happens then it is time to move on to the next coach. And if it takes us going 2-10 for the AD to figure that out this year, then that is what we need.

So ........... anybody's mind change since I last brought this up ?

Anybody wanting to see A&M destroy CU and Bohn fire Hawk moments after the final gun?

Anybody wanting to see A&M destroy CU and Bohn fire Hawk moments after the final gun?

NO....what I WANT is for them to win the last 4 games (don't care about the possibilities of it happening)....but you asked me what i want

Seriously?

I am sorry to actually say this because I am sure it will turn into something it shouldn't.

But I can not understand the mentality of anyone who call themselves a fan routing against there own team. Sorry if this offends, but I question if you truly are a buff fan.

I'm with you Chilly. I don't care about the ramifications. I want CU to win out.

Not that I think it will happen.

I'm with you Chilly. I don't care about the ramifications. I want CU to win out.

Not that I think it will happen.
:nod:

one way or another, I would be stoked if we won every single game the rest of this season.

Seriously?

I am sorry to actually say this because I am sure it will turn into something it shouldn't.

But I can not understand the mentality of anyone who call themselves a fan routing against there own team. Sorry if this offends, but I question if you truly are a buff fan.

I'm a Buff fan and have been since the early 1970's.
Just throwing out the question again.

If you knew an A&M blowout means Hawk is gone but on the other side of the coin if CU wins 2 out of their next 4 games Hawk stays what do root for ??

We can't predict what's going to happen but I feel things are going to have to even get worse before they will get better and that's a damn shame because the University of Colorado, it's students, alums and fans deserve so much better.

I'm a Buff fan and have been since the early 1970's.
Just throwing out the question again.

If you knew an A&M blowout means Hawk is gone but on the other side of the coin if CU wins 2 out of their next 4 games Hawk stays what do root for ??

We can't predict what's going to happen but I feel things are going to have to even get worse before they will get better and that's a damn shame because the University of Colorado, it's students, alums and fans deserve so much better.

Dude. It's ****ed question. Sorry.

To any "fan" who wants CU to lose on Saturday to play into your 'Fire Hawkins' agenda...

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. I don't want your shoulder next to my shoulder.

In Allbuffs speak, Hawk's losing record has turned some of you into dooshbags, babies and idots.

Don't take this sentiment as support for Coach Hawkins. It's not. The guy is a highly paid coach who has failed to deliver. He is also a husband, father, son, friend and business associate to a lot people. He'll be gone soon enough.

I want CU to win as a tribute to every scholarship athlete and walk-on who ever has worn a CU uniform, past, present and future. I support any fan who wants to win while still showing a little restraint.

At what point does cheering for a loss, or the mean-spirited dehumanization of Hawkins, the name calling, and the piling on become petty?

To any "fan" who wants CU to lose on Saturday to play into your 'Fire Hawkins' agenda...

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. I don't want your shoulder next to my shoulder.

In Allbuffs speak, Hawk's losing record has turned some of you into dooshbags, babies and idots.

Don't take this sentiment as support for Coach Hawkins. It's not. The guy is a highly paid coach who has failed to deliver. He is also a husband, father, son, friend and business associate to a lot people. He'll be gone soon enough.

I want CU to win as a tribute to every scholarship athlete and walk-on who ever has worn a CU uniform, past, present and future. I support any fan who wants to win while still showing a little restraint.

At what point does cheering for a loss, or the mean-spirited dehumanization of Hawkins, the name calling, and the piling on become petty?

what's your opinion about wearing 'powder blue' ?
I plan on being up in my seats Saturday WEARING POWDER BLUE
and cheering when the players do great things and booimg/yelling
at bad coaching-

I don't think I can root for the team to lose, although I'm approaching indifference towards it. I think a case could be made for rooting for your team to lose as it could prove to be the best thing for your team in the long run. For example in the NFL, if your team is 1-11, do you really want them to win out? I'd prefer my team lose out so they could get the #1 pick and thus a better chance at becoming a better team. If Bohn were to say: If Hawk wins 4 games this year, he's staying. If he only wins 3 he's out of here. Now Chilly you want him to stay regardless, so that's not really a question for you. Others however, think it's best for the team that he leave the building, so I don't think it's so wrong to root for the best thing for your team. Even if that means wanting to lose after getting that hypothetical 3rd win.

I don't think I can root for the team to lose, although I'm approaching indifference towards it. I think a case could be made for rooting for your team to lose as it could prove to be the best thing for your team in the long run. For example in the NFL, if your team is 1-11, do you really want them to win out? I'd prefer my team lose out so they could get the #1 pick and thus a better chance at becoming a better team. If Bohn were to say: If Hawk wins 4 games this year, he's staying. If he only wins 3 he's out of here. Now Chilly you want him to stay regardless, so that's not really a question for you. Others however, think it's best for the team that he leave the building, so I don't think it's so wrong to root for the best thing for your team. Even if that means wanting to lose after getting that hypothetical 3rd win.

I could never root for Nebraska to beat CU if the Buffs win their next three...never.

Lets just hope Bohn fires Hawk and CU wins from there on out.

Well neither could I, I'm just trying to say that there are reasons to root for your team to lose. If we win our next 3, we would be bowl eligible so I don't think anyone would want to lose against the ****ers in that case. I also would hope in my scenario that the 3rd win came against them :smile2:

Back