What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I'm shocked! Rudy Carey? Really?

Buffenuf

massive tool
This. Huge kudos to Tad and Rodney Billups for this sea change. (Compare and contrast with John Roberson's statement of a few days ago.) :

"But Boyle has changed everything the last couple of seasons, Carey said, including nabbing Josh Scott (now a Buffs freshman out of Lewis-Palmer and a top-40 recruit nationally), and "Tad will get Dom ready. If he was my son, that's where he would go."

First off, great compliment from Carey. Love hearing that.

Secondly, people need to stop over-analyzing John Roberson's comments. Roberson said something that damn near all of us would say about our children in that position, and he said nothing wrong. He said that he felt it was best for Dre's development if he went to the next level where he could get more specialized work, where he could have a coach work with him as many hours as he wants without NCAA regulations, and where he could work on his game for 18 hours a day if he wants without having to worry about Econ homework. The only reason anyone freaked out over this is because Henderson and the asshole that is the Sports Editor for the Denver Post sensationalized the headline (and, by the way, they realized they were being dipshits and edited that headline at LEAST two times to tone down the rhetoric).

So the next person to badmouth Dre's dad for this is joining JRK on a temporary vacation. I'm tired of people attacking him for something that the Denver Post ****ed up.

Preach it, Goose.

Mr. Roberson probably wishes he'd chosen his words differently, but the sentiment perfectly captures the legitimate that all of us have said was valid (regardless of whether we thought it was in Dre's best interest to stay or go).

Carey's quote is great to hear. Who wouldn't want his kid to play for Tad? No discipline problems, great academic track record, players moving on to play professionally when they're done, getting to win conference titles and play in the Dance while they're here, etc., etc. Tad is the genuine article.

I know a lot of people around Colorado don't love Carey, but his words carry some pretty good weight in the city. So him supporting Tad like this only means good things.

Back