What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I'm so pissed at Lindgren right now

It absolutely falls on the coaching staff. You don't call a play on 4th and goal that you don't have total confidence in. If the players in the package were not prepared, don't call it.

On par with running a QB sneak on 1st and 10 IMO.

I know it's not scientific evidence or anything, but at one point the TV showed a closeup of our Center's arms and I gasped out loud. Damn...I had muscles that big when I was in college (and I didn't impress anyone! Haha). It really is the line where we are overmatched. Our DB's impressed me today...the linebackers were tolerable...pass protection was better than I expected it to be most of the time...but we can't blow people off the line or open big holes for the running backs. That's a long term project there. Great CU teams had great O-Lines.

If the LBs were tolerable today, I would hate to see a bad performance.

To which part? Our DB's WERE playing well...Cal's best run IMHO was the one where the RB juked three of our guys near the sideline and went for the touchdown. But I thought we looked pretty good overall (as good as the other Pac-12 teams that have faced Cal's offense). Henderson got burned once or twice, but he and Crawly did pretty well ( and it was TIGHT coverage, damn near PI at times). The D-Line, surpringly, put some pressure on Cal's QB...but they had some big plays. Overall, I was pretty happy with the effort despite the high final score. We gave up some big plays...but we were solid a lot of the time too. Baby steps.

Heck, I still have nightmares about 70-3 versus Texas...so maybe my standards are low!:lol:
Talking about our center, sorry

I think our OL has proven they can't move anybody's DL off the line. I don't mind that big and tight formation, but to run it all 4 plays when they were killing us on it. why not go 5 wide even? Sefo was also our best running threat.

This,

The play call was the kind on non-sensical panic driven stuff you end up with when a coaching staff has no confidence that the OL can go out and block somebody on a given play.

Haha I was thinking the same thing. But Gillam must be hurt pretty bad, he's real hesitant to tackle.

He was always a good recruiter. Until confidence in the team fell apart under Hawkins. Then I think he approached guys we used to get and they wouldnt give us the time of day. just my opinion, but few want to play for the trainwreck we were. Then came embree.... :cry:

screw the botched play... why weren't we spreading cal out on 1st and goal. ugh.

No reason not to spread them out and roll Sefo out. He throws for TD, runs for a TD or throws it away. He was on fire. Yes, bad mistake with the INT at a bad time. But 450 yards and 7 TDs. Keep the ****ing ball in his hands.

CSU stuffed the Buffs at first and goal. Cal did it again, today. In both series, the RB ran into a crowded box on consecutive plays. Our line didn't move the pile. Our RBs didn't find the gap. Our point of attack was shut down by the opponents D.

It's time to design some better goal line schemes and practice some finesse plays, because there is insufficient power to move the pile for what should be easy points running up the gut.

Two games lost trying to play power football. I would think the coaches should know we are not up to that yet. But in my eyes, two games the kids should have won lost due to coaches calling plays our kids can't run well.

For those questioning Lindgren, Buffs offense is now ranked 2nd in the Pac-12 and 9th in the entire FBS. We need to hold on to BL with two hands.

Edit: To illustrate the fact that he knows what to call when, we are 6th in the nation in both 3rd down and 4th down conversions. He is dialing the right plays up when he needs to. Something was lost in translation at the goaline yesterday but I definitely like where this offense is headed.

Last edited:
For those questioning Lindgren, Buffs offense is now ranked 2nd in the Pac-12 and 9th in the entire FBS. We need to hold on to BL with two hands.

Edit: To illustrate the fact that he knows what to call when, we are 6th in the nation in both 3rd down and 4th down conversions. He is dialing the right plays up when he needs to. Something was lost in translation at the goaline yesterday but I definitely like where this offense is headed.

Entering the game, the Buffs had 3 consecutive games with 400+ yards offense - for the 1st time in 12 years. Yesterday was the 4th, which makes this our best offense this century.

Where did KOA go? I wanted to hear coaching comments after the game, but they switched to the Rockies and said you could get the postgame on KOA affiliates. Not on 850, 760, anywhere I checked

I will trust that if he keeps us putting up points and 500 plus yards of offense each game, the D will find a way to keep growing and win us games.

Cal guys on BI were impressed with Sefo and CU's offense. People who said 'But...it's just CU!' were put in their place pretty quickly by other Cal fans. The more I read over there the more convinced I am that Cal is our mirror image team. Fan wise too. That's why we like Liverflukes so much. He is our drunk smart assed cousin.

Except for the four BIGGEST plays of the game yesterday!

Agree BL screwed up the play calling here and the players screwed the execution. We were a few plays/missed field goals away from a W here.

Except for the four BIGGEST plays of the game yesterday!

From AP recap:

Liufau faked a handoff and then kept the ball before he was hit by Jalen Jefferson. Spruce said the play called for Liufau to pitch to another back after the fake handoff but that option was not there because of a miscommunication.

"We had something that was definitely going to beat it," Liufau said. "If we run the play right the last play I think we score easy."

Lindgren and his run plays have baffled me the past two years. He forces them to prove some point rather than score a ****ing touchdown.

The same scenario led to us fycking screwing the pooch at the goal line against csu. They dared us to keep running so we did. Mac needs to have a serious talk with him about his goal line philosophy

Lindgren and his run plays have baffled me the past two years. He forces them to prove some point rather than score a ****ing touchdown.

The same scenario led to us fycking screwing the pooch at the goal line against csu. They dared us to keep running so we did. Mac needs to have a serious talk with him about his goal line philosophy
^^THIS^^

Two games lost trying to play power football. I would think the coaches should know we are not up to that yet. But in my eyes, two games the kids should have won lost due to coaches calling plays our kids can't run well.

CSU and Cal games have a lot in common.

Both were examples of being unable to run the ball in a short yardage situation when going in for a score. Hell, ASU could be pinned on that too since we got stoned on our 3rd and 4th down runs inside the 15 on a key drive late that would have put us within 7.

Also, both CSU and Cal games saw missed field goals that killed momentum and kept the opponent within striking distance.

This also may have cost us the ASU game. We got shut down on 4th and goal trying to power run it. Score there and we're driving for a tie at the end of the game.

If you are moving the ball and end up in 4th and inches (as was the case on the first series in 2OT), go for it. If you are stonewalled for three straight plays...YOU F'ING KICK!

Not kicking was a total travesty!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you are moving the ball and end up in 4th and inches (as was the case on the first series in 2OT), go for it. If you are stonewalled for three straight plays...YOU F'ING KICK!

Not kicking was a total travesty!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I can see that, but we were unable to stop them in the second half. Seemed like going for it was necessary.

Back