What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I'm sorry Kent Riddle

DrunkPanda

I used to blame you for all of the dumb decisions Josh Smith made on kick returns, believing you were coaching him wrong. Turns out, he's just a moron

Josh is all about being 20 years old, pretty in his own mind and nothing else.

style points were everything with J-Fly.

Is he playing tonight? I have missed most of the game, but saw a few returns for UCLA and Josh was not in.

Josh got the first few returns but has since been pulled in favor of Embree. He did have a nice return of a missed FG at end of half.

Josh, you're elusively returning kicks on a 4-6 team... I hope those pastures are greener.

Maybe Josh will get back in after the muff (BTW, I always loved that word).

Josh got the first few returns but has since been pulled in favor of Embree. He did have a nice return of a missed FG at end of half.

Josh, you're elusively returning kicks on a 4-6 team... I hope those pastures are greener.

also had a nice fumble

No hard feelings for me. I wish he would've stuck around, but I guess he wasn't too happy with Hawk and Co. I hope things work out for him. UCLA is a ****ton better than USF. :lol:

I still think its a crying shame that Embree is playing for UCLA and not CU. He wasn't good enough for CU...with the stable walk-on WR's we've been playing with for the first several years of the Hawkins tenure, are you kidding me? Kind of weird that Hawk seemed to go out of his way to avoid having legacy kids on the team.

I still think its a crying shame that Embree is playing for UCLA and not CU. He wasn't good enough for CU...with the stable walk-on WR's we've been playing with for the first several years of the Hawkins tenure, are you kidding me? Kind of weird that Hawk seemed to go out of his way to avoid having legacy kids on the team.

Hawk's gone. Let it go.

True. Hawk seemed to want to pretend there was nothing at CU before him. He went to some pretty bizarre lengths to put his stamp on the program, pretty much all of which were a complete failure to achieve any of the goals for which he was hired. Shying away from guys like Taylor Embree, if that is really the whole story, just add to the list of bizarre Hawkisms....

True. Hawk seemed to want to pretend there was nothing at CU before him. He went to some pretty bizarre lengths to put his stamp on the program, pretty much all of which were a complete failure to achieve any of the goals for which he was hired. Shying away from guys like Taylor Embree, if that is really the whole story, just add to the list of bizarre Hawkisms....

Unfortunately, his stamp will be on this program for at least the next 4-5 years. He recruited some very good kids but he also passed on or lost due to arrogance or other reasons a lot of others who could have, should have, or would have been here. It will also take some time to get over CU getting hammered on national TV multiiple times. Perception = reality for kids and perception for a 17-19 year old kid and their perception is based on what they can remember which is the last 3-4 years.

Who knows what Smith or Scott or any of the others who left or just disappeared could have done at CU but based on 19-39 it is hard to think we would have done worse.

Unfortunately, his stamp will be on this program for at least the next 4-5 years. He recruited some very good kids but he also passed on or lost due to arrogance or other reasons a lot of others who could have, should have, or would have been here. It will also take some time to get over CU getting hammered on national TV multiiple times. Perception = reality for kids and perception for a 17-19 year old kid and their perception is based on what they can remember which is the last 3-4 years.

Who knows what Smith or Scott or any of the others who left or just disappeared could have done at CU but based on 19-39 it is hard to think we would have done worse.
All true. I am one of the few who think Hawk's recruitng was actually a bright spot for his tenure. There is some real talent on the team. Certainly, he is not the lights out recrutier Mac was/is, nor did he do as good of a job as GB before the scandal, but Hawk has put some pretty good players in the pipeline, and I think it would be unfair to fail to acknowledge that.

The holes in recruitng, however, are pretty significant (QB and RB depth for instance) , but at least the next guy won't have a completely bare cupboard. JMO.

All true. I am one of the few who think Hawk's recruitng was actually a bright spot for his tenure. There is some real talent on the team. Certainly, he is not the lights out recrutier Mac was/is, nor did he do as good of a job as GB before the scandal, but Hawk has put some pretty good players in the pipeline, and I think it would be unfair to fail to acknowledge that.

The holes in recruitng, however, are pretty significant (QB and RB depth for instance) , but at least the next guy won't have a completely bare cupboard. JMO.

Jsut took a look at smith's stats at UCLA he's not really lighting the world on fire. On our team he'd be the number 8 receiver and the number 4 KR statistically.

Back