What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I'm tellin' ya, these new facilities are fantastic

Ringer

They really got it right. As of now, after you get into Folsom it is only $25 extra to get into the Rooftop Terrace area, where you can slowly sip a beer, grab some space on the railing, and watch the Buffs kick some butt against a latest opponent while gazing at the most glorious view out of any major college football venue (the Rose Bowl comes close). Oh, before the game, you can go into the new indoor practice facility and throw around the football and kick field goals with footballs provided, plus purchase eats and drinks from many vendors, and watch other college games on huge screens if you want. During the game, Balch is going off. This is what major programs do, but the thing is CU has the newest stuff, combined with the old architecture. Winning cures many ills.

http://populous.com/posts/in-pictur...on-at-university-of-colorado-opens-its-doors/

Rooftop sucks for trying to watch the game.
I agree, based on my one experience up there. However, it is a differentiator in the market that is college football and offers an experience that a lot of people seem to enjoy.

They should have sloped it downwards a bit towards the railing. I was up there during halftime of the ASU game and waiting in line for our second beer slipped in to the 3rd quarter. There was zero opportunity to try to see any of the field from up there - people were stacked 4 deep.

I agree, based on my one experience up there. However, it is a differentiator in the market that is college football and offers an experience that a lot of people seem to enjoy.

There is market competition for college season ticket fans in Colorado?

There is market competition for college season ticket fans in Colorado?
Good catch, I should've stated more carefully. There is market for live entertainment in Colorado. Live sports entertainment, specifically. The terrace, while being a differentiator among colleges, brings Folsom in line with the professional sports offerings in the area.

I think it sucks too. Why would I pay more to stand and be in a worse spot than my seats? Great views and beautiful up there. But I am not paying extra for it. Would be a nice hang out for a beer pre-game but that is it. Heck I am still upset we removed seats in the end zone for that building. Should have stepped it back a bit and curved the seats.

I think it sucks too. Why would I pay more to stand and be in a worse spot than my seats? Great views and beautiful up there. But I am not paying extra for it. Would be a nice hang out for a beer pre-game but that is it. Heck I am still upset we removed seats in the end zone for that building. Should have stepped it back a bit and curved the seats.

Those club seats in that corner now are actually pretty awesome. The sight lines are much better than I thought they would be.

Good catch, I should've stated more carefully. There is market for live entertainment in Colorado. Live sports entertainment, specifically. The terrace, while being a differentiator among colleges, brings Folsom in line with the professional sports offerings in the area.
Rooftop bar at Coors Field comes to mind...If, like myself, you are not a baseball fan but like to get outside and enjoy the atmosphere (seems like a good portion of people at games), the rooftop bar is a real draw (similar to the rooftops at Wrigley Field). I think its awesome either way but not everyone is there to watch the game and the rooftop terrace probably helps to close the gap between the die hards and casual fans. I've never been up there so can't really speak to the views, but adding TVs seems like a no-brainer

Rooftop bar at Coors Field comes to mind...If, like myself, you are not a baseball fan but like to get outside and enjoy the atmosphere (seems like a good portion of people at games), the rooftop bar is a real draw (similar to the rooftops at Wrigley Field). I think its awesome either way but not everyone is there to watch the game and the rooftop terrace probably helps to close the gap between the die hards and casual fans. I've never been up there so can't really speak to the views, but adding TVs seems like a no-brainer

Exactly. Rooftop is not designed for fans whose primary interest is what happen on a 2nd & 7 in the 3rd quarter.

Exactly. Rooftop is not designed for fans whose primary interest is what happen on a 2nd & 7 in the 3rd quarter.
Exactly. Almost all of the major college football programs have something like that for the casual fans and/or high rollers. The things that distinguish the rooftop terrace from the others are: (1) It is brand ****ing new; and (2) It has the best view of pretty much any major college facility.

They just need some big screens up there and it would be fantastic. Either watch it on the rail or sit around the fire pits and watch on a big screen.
Good luck getting a seat around the fire pit. I was up there during a freezing assed night game last year and walked over to warm my hands and the assholes acted like I'd walked off the street into their living room.

They should have sloped it downwards a bit towards the railing. I was up there during halftime of the ASU game and waiting in line for our second beer slipped in to the 3rd quarter. There was zero opportunity to try to see any of the field from up there - people were stacked 4 deep.
Watching drunk fans deal with a sloped surface on snowy, icy days would be great entertainment. You could bet on who is going to slide right over the rails. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Good luck getting a seat around the fire pit. I was up there during a freezing assed night game last year and walked over to warm my hands and the assholes acted like I'd walked off the street into their living room.
So you would've had to cross their lawn to get to their living room. You know better.

Reactions: DBT
Watching drunk fans deal with a sloped surface on snowy, icy days would be great entertainment. You could bet on who is going to slide right over the rails. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Don't want any CU fans pulling a Bronco fan up there.

Back