What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I'm throwing my support to Embree

DBT

Club Member
Club Member
Yeah, I know. After the Hawkins debacle I will be sliced, diced and ground up. But I think he gets one more year and deserves support rather than the constant bashing he is getting. This revelation came to me as I drove home and listened to Chad Brown on the radio. Chad is a very smart and astute guy. His take is, "Believe it or not, the team is getting better." He watches reams of game tape and is seeing game to game improvement by young guys.

Face it, Embree will be here another year. Might as well try to keep it positive. At least see how he finishes the season. Slice, dice and grind away. :lol:

Yeah, I know. After the Hawkins debacle I will be sliced, diced and ground up. But I think he gets one more year and deserves support rather than the constant bashing he is getting. This revelation came to me as I drove home and listened to Chad Brown on the radio. Chad is a very smart and astute guy. His take is, "Believe it or not, the team is getting better." He watches reams of game tape and is seeing game to game improvement by young guys.

Face it, Embree will be here another year. Might as well try to keep it positive. At least see how he finishes the season. Slice, dice and grind away. :lol:

I'm with you DBT! JE deserves at least 3 years ... if substantial improvement isn't evident after that then so be it ... get another guy. But if CU gets a rep for not giving a coach a chance to succeed with his own players, it will be counterproductive in the long run. I think we have some promising freshman on this squad ... give them a chance to mature and survive the firestorm, and I think we will be very pleased in the near future.

We're not the only "big time" program to go through this kind of crap (see Michigan under Rick Rod ... Auburn this year ... Stanford before Harbaugh etc.)

Were you not already doing that?

Anyway, I'm kind of over the negativity. I think these coaches are absolutely lost and there's no way they'll have us where we should be at next year, but I'm over constantly bringing it up. For whatever reason, we have a bunch of absolutely retarded administrators/boosters that think this **** is normal and I can't do anything to change it.

I foresee us sacrificing GB and Marshall for the greater good this offseason. Hopefully Embree can lure in some decent replacements.

How are things going to get better when we are losing our top commits in our state and not landing anything outside of it? Do you think this staff has the capability to scheme itself into wins? Is Greg Brown still the DC in this 3rd year?

What a surprise. You want some beach front property I have in Nevada? It's a real deal. An absolute can't miss investment!

I'm with you DBT! JE deserves at least 3 years ... if substantial improvement isn't evident after that then so be it ... get another guy. But if CU gets a rep for not giving a coach a chance to succeed with his own players, it will be counterproductive in the long run. I think we have some promising freshman on this squad ... give them a chance to mature and survive the firestorm, and I think we will be very pleased in the near future.

We're not the only "big time" program to go through this kind of crap (see Michigan under Rick Rod ... Auburn this year ... Stanford before Harbaugh etc.)

This whole idea that firing a coach after two years will deter coaches is hilarious. Guess what, even if you lose the first few years but are in games you'll be fine. Well, Embree ain't doin that. His team is getting jailhouse raped every week.

I wasn't aware that Stanford was a big time program prior to Harbaugh either. Good to know.

How are things going to get better when we are losing our top commits in our state and not landing anything outside of it? Do you think this staff has the capability to scheme itself into wins? Is Greg Brown still the DC in this 3rd year?
Do you know what KState's class last year was ranked? Above 70th, I believe.

Anyway, I'm kind of over the negativity. I think these coaches are absolutely lost and there's no way they'll have us where we should be at next year, but I'm over constantly bringing it up. For whatever reason, we have a bunch of absolutely retarded administrators/boosters that think this **** is normal and I can't do anything to change it.
Hmm. Doesn't sound like you are over the negativity to me. :lol:

Why is it so hard to comprehend being supportive yet being able to criticize in at least somewhat of a positive manner. They are certainly due criticism. If they go into the off season maintaining status quo, they will certainly deserve criticism. However, I do agree with Chad and Mac that you have to give them a bit more time and, though maybe not very apparent, they are getting better in some areas. Too many of you are seeing things in black and white. Look at the rainbow, man!

\ However, I do agree with Chad and Mac that you have to give them a bit more time and, though maybe not very apparent, they are getting better in some areas.

Enlighten me, where are these areas that Mac and Chad speak of?

Why is it so hard to comprehend being supportive yet being able to criticize in at least somewhat of a positive manner. They are certainly due criticism. If they go into the off season maintaining status quo, they will certainly deserve criticism. However, I do agree with Chad and Mac that you have to give them a bit more time and, though maybe not very apparent, they are getting better in some areas. Too many of you are seeing things in black and white. Look at the rainbow, man!

I know you mean well, and I can appreciate your view. My stance is that we are not witnessing rebuilding. Colorado fans were okay with rebuilding. We didn't expect much, beat a really bad CSU and Sac State. It isn't the end of the world if Colorado loses to Fresno, but being humiliated in historic fashion is a whole nother issue. We beat WSU, I'll give them that. Then the season gets really ugly. We are the worst team in the Pac 12 and arguably the country both offensively and defensively. We can't cover a 41 point spread. We are not showing any improvement. We have just lost the top recruit, in state no less, because he is understandably concerned with what he sees in Boulder. I would probably change my mind too. We are a punchline in national college sports talk.

We aren't witnessing the program being burnt to the ground. We are witnessing the ashes of the program being pissed on.

I've seen this act before, amazingly not as badly, with Hawkins. I've seen enough.

So we are comparing Embree to one of the best coaches in college football. Okay.
Not at all. My point is that you can win without top recruiting classes. If Embree is going to succeed, and I am not saying he will, he is going to have to prove it by winning with the kids he is able to bring in. Many of you are convinced he can't. I am not. We shall see.

We need to face reality. CU lucked out in the 90s. We did not deserve the success we enjoyed with the football program. Today's situation is the reality. The Administration does not support football. The alumni does not contribute. Former players and influential media grads disassociate themselves from the program. Boulder is wonderful if you are a flaming liberal, a hash smoker, or a fanatic runner/biker. Football is not in the mix.

Jon can stick around. Nobody cares.

Are you sure Chad didn't say he had watched game tapes full of reams? Because that I would believe and sounds more like the Buffs I've seen this season.

We need to face reality. CU lucked out in the 90s. We did not deserve the success we enjoyed with the football program. Today's situation is the reality. The Administration does not support football. The alumni does not contribute. Former players and influential media grads disassociate themselves from the program. Boulder is wonderful if you are a flaming liberal, a hash smoker, or a fanatic runner/biker. Football is not in the mix.

I hope you are kidding. Because there are hundreds of men throughout the decades that made Colorado a pretty damn good football school for a long time. CU football did not start with McCartney, and the sooner that people can figure that out, the sooner we can get out from under his shadow.

Oh no, not the vaunted DBT criticism! I really hope they do make some changes this offseason now.

Chad Brown ...........

had too many concussions during his playing career and it is affecting his cognitive abilities and thought processes.

If they were getting better, wouldn't the margin of defeat start to diminish and they could play a competitive game?

Frankly, I do not see them getting better, but I also believe that we are stuck with Embree for at least five seasons. So, he either gets it fixed or we are in for a grueling five years.

So...does this mean you're taking the next step to something more physically intimate?

I call bull****.

Back