What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I'm throwing my support to Embree

I always thought that was a nice neighborhood. Too bad the kids there had to go to Pamona.

Regis for me, and two older brothers. Younger brother to Pamoma. He is much more normal than his three brothers.

Hilarious thread. Probably read enough, though. Blind faith is the mantra - we've seen it before.

The Stockholm syndrome is strong in this thread.

Yes, the players on the field have been getting better from week to week.

Too bad those players are on the OTHER sideline.

Lets leave kinky sex out of this.

That's kinky?

I hear what you're saying DBT and to some degree I agree. We are stuck so let's show some support. However, I am not sure I have ever seen a football team this clueless. I'm afraid these coaches are stunting the growth of our players.

Nonetheless, if I have to pick a side I might just side with you DBT. The negativity is a heavy weight.

Yeah, I know. After the Hawkins debacle I will be sliced, diced and ground up. But I think he gets one more year and deserves support rather than the constant bashing he is getting. This revelation came to me as I drove home and listened to Chad Brown on the radio. Chad is a very smart and astute guy. His take is, "Believe it or not, the team is getting better." He watches reams of game tape and is seeing game to game improvement by young guys.

Face it, Embree will be here another year. Might as well try to keep it positive. At least see how he finishes the season. Slice, dice and grind away. :lol:

Lord, it is 2009 all over again, DBT vote of confidence. He will be fired before next season ends just like Hawk. Might as well fire him now and save ourselves some time because he is doomed, just doomed.

I know some of you think I'm a buffoon instead of a Buff and threads like this reinforce that. Believe it or not, regardless of some of the stuff I post, I am a positive person. I really dislike negativity for the most part. I guess that is the main reason I began this thread. I think there needs to be more of a positive focus toward the program. Here is a list of threads you will find on the top 3 pages of this forum:

Dear Jon-
46 point underdogs to Oregon
The legitimate reason that this staff needs to be let go.
I wish we took our football as seriously as Arkansas State
Embarrassing article in the WSJ. Please make this stop.
Honestly, can Embree survive this season?
Tad Boyle: "Youth is not an excuse"
Will you watch this weekend?
Hanging 70+ Points
Webb get nod yet again
Sagrin estimates the Heart of a Buffalo...
Just Forfeit
How hot of a seat is Embree on?
Lack of interest
Ringo: "There is no chance Embree gets fired this year"
The shame continues! We made Deadspin
Embree actually moving up in the rankings
What song best describes our season?
Embree vs. Hawkins
Embrace the suckitude
question for all. Is this it?
Embree Happy with Effort?
Greg Brown FACTS as DC

Now, those threads, in and of themselves, are fine. But I'm just tired of the overall, day to day, negativity. I believe negativity breeds itself.

We need to face reality. CU lucked out in the 90s. We did not deserve the success we enjoyed with the football program. Today's situation is the reality. The Administration does not support football. The alumni does not contribute. Former players and influential media grads disassociate themselves from the program. Boulder is wonderful if you are a flaming liberal, a hash smoker, or a fanatic runner/biker. Football is not in the mix.

Jon can stick around. Nobody cares.
Lucked out really? Luck wasn't involved, we could play. You've been in Dallas too long.

I'm aware of the problems but sure **** all over it. I bet those players would beg to differ. Lucky my ass, we had some good ass teams. Stupid thing to say.

I would if I had promoted a production worker to general manager because I saw something I liked. And that's kind of the problem here. CU decided to skip the "coordinator" step. So that put us in a position where we almost have to allow some learning on the job. I would argue, then, that we need to be even a little MORE patient. But because of the dearth of success we are in, there is no patience. Kind of a Catch-22.

You are so lost if you actually think this will work. After not winning another game and getting pounded by an ave of 28 pts a game, we will not get recruits at the level we need to compete. We continue to get wrecked each week on the field and the death spiral gets worse. In today's world, he has pissed away his chance to pull top notch kids into this program. Our class this year will only get worse.

To top it off, this staff cannot even do what everyone thought they could do best, recruit. There are not pulling any big fish or even medium fish. The experiment has been a complete and unmitigated disaster. It is going to take a real coach, with an experienced staff 4 to 5 years of steady improvements to fix this problem and waiting another year to start the process only prolongs the pain and extends the time line. I will not support this next year with donations or season tickets. I am done after this season.

No surprise I am sure to most of you but I agree with DBT on giving Embree another year. Does this staff deserve some criticism, of course they do. But the solution is not firing everyone. Everyone wants to fire Marshall but the biggest improvement is on the Oline blocking and basically they are all coming back, IMO, changing Oline coaches will just set things back. Everyone knocks EB but his play calling was pretty good against USC, call some interesting miss-direction plays. This staff has a ton of experience and knows football, it is hard to call some magic formation throughout a game when your team is over matched every play. As far as talent goes CU is closer to CSU talent then most fans want to admit.

This staff has brought in more talent than with last years class than has happened for a long time. CU has had other highly rated classes but many times it is vaporware - these guys have come in and are already contributing. They can evaluate and recruit - they have proven it in the past.

This team is low on the talent level and one of the biggest problems is they inherited is the lack of any QB pipeline and that is a direct result of the situation with Dan Hawkins and the situation with Cody. Embree has made getting a least one in every class (and is trying to bring in two this year).

We are at the BEGINNING of rebuilding and to change this staff now will set us back and I do not believe they are in over their heads.

I agree. We should be happy Crawley was put on an island. Solid coaching.
Worries me about his confidence going forward. Can't play that position being unsure. I don't know him, hope he's ok upstairs. He's got picked on like Charles Dimiry. Granted he got schooled by a real good receiver, I'm worried wont lie.

I can't for the life of me figure out how anybody can look at this team and honestly say they're "rebuilding". They're regressing. The idea that we have to give this staff another year in order for them to get their feet under them and implement their system ignores the facts as they have been presented - we're not getting better. This team is worse than it was the year before, and that team was worse than the one we had the previous year. We've gotten progressively worse for four years in a row, over two different coaches. When it's blatantly obvious that the people in charge are not cut out for the job they're in, they need to be replaced immediately. The longer we wait, the deeper the hole becomes. And make no mistake, the hole is really, really deep right now. The argument that changing things won't make it better is specious. It's getting worse by the day already, "staying the course" won't improve things, if staying the course means getting worse and worse and worse.

I can't for the life of me figure out how anybody can look at this team and honestly say they're "rebuilding". They're regressing. The idea that we have to give this staff another year in order for them to get their feet under them and implement their system ignores the facts as they have been presented - we're not getting better. This team is worse than it was the year before, and that team was worse than the one we had the previous year. We've gotten progressively worse for four years in a row, over two different coaches. When it's blatantly obvious that the people in charge are not cut out for the job they're in, they need to be replaced immediately. The longer we wait, the deeper the hole becomes. And make no mistake, the hole is really, really deep right now. The argument that changing things won't make it better is specious. It's getting worse by the day already, "staying the course" won't improve things, if staying the course means getting worse and worse and worse.
What would your solution be?

I think changing coaches with a name hire would dramatically accelerate the rebuilding process.

Embree restored traditions. He increased accountability and brought in some solid youth.

Now is the time to invigorate things with a coach that can attract top recruits that can build on what Embree has done.

If we don't do that, we're looking at a couple recruiting classes like we had with Hawkins in '09 and '10. That will set us back to where we were when Embree took over.

I think changing coaches with a name hire would dramatically accelerate the rebuilding process.

Embree restored traditions. He increased accountability and brought in some solid youth.

Now is the time to invigorate things with a coach that can attract top recruits that can build on what Embree has done.

If we don't do that, we're looking at a couple recruiting classes like we had with Hawkins in '09 and '10. That will set us back to where we were when Embree took over.
But you know that is not going to happen. Here is the conundrum I'm having: While I would embrace a big time hire, I don't believe that is going to happen. So, am I better off bitching about and ripping this staff on a message board or better off showing support? Do I hope, I hate "hoping," that Embree turns it around and proves us all wrong or that he fails so badly that a major change if forced upon us? I envy you that see the world in black and white. I guess that is just not my nature. At least you and Sacky have a lot more history with the inner workings of the program than I do. I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes.

But you know that is not going to happen. Here is the conundrum I'm having: While I would embrace a big time hire, I don't believe that is going to happen. So, am I better off bitching about and ripping this staff on a message board or better off showing support? Do I hope, I hate "hoping," that Embree turns it around and proves us all wrong or that he fails so badly that a major change if forced upon us? I envy you that see the world in black and white. I guess that is just not my nature. At least you and Sacky have a lot more history with the inner workings of the program than I do. I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes.

It's actually well within your nature, you just seem to think you're different than everyone else.

I get that you don't like me.

When you basically say you do not see things in black and white, but everyone else does... uh, yeah. Do you actually read your posts on this site? You are just as emotional and over-the-top as anyone else when it comes to most things.

When you basically say you do not see things in black and white, but everyone else does... uh, yeah. Do you actually read your posts on this site? You are just as emotional and over-the-top as anyone else when it comes to most things.
Tell ya what. Just put me on your "ignore" list. I understand that you are smarter than everyone else. You sure as hell don't need my opinion.

As long as he's here, it doesn't do any good to destroy him every day on a message board. We know players/recruits read this spew.

Tell ya what. Just put me on your "ignore" list. I understand that you are smarter than everyone else. You sure as hell don't need my opinion.

I'm not smarter than everyone else. I'm not any less emotional or any less of an asshole than most posters on this site. I have strong opinions, just like most on this site.

Maybe you will accept the above one day as well.

I just see it different than you. I agree that we are in a deep hole but we are building a foundation to get out of the hole... Players like Nembot, Powell, Crawley Wright, Hobbs, Kafovalu, Tupou, Irwin, Mosley, are all young players contributing to this team. The will be better next year. And changing course everytime to hit a tough spot won't improve things either. You have your opinion and I have mine - they just are not the same.

Back