What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I'm throwing my support to Embree

Please re-think that.

CU was down 56-0 in the first half. It was like Oregon was playing a mediocre FCS team today for all the fight we gave them.

This is not like half the teams in the country. On any given day, Oregon could blow most teams out. But today was a true representation of how overmatched in every phase our football team is.

CU should never take a beatdown like that. The last time we did, it was to another program of this caliber in the Big 12 Championship game... and it cost our coach his job. Now we just accept this ****?

**** that.
Yeah, often you see a team hang in for maybe a quarter before imploding. We imploded in the first 2 minutes. I would have kicked Tony Jones ass all the way back to Boulder after that fumble. I mean, the ONE thing, well not the "one thing", that you could not let happen is to let them score and THEN fumble the ensuing kickoff right back to them. I mean.....

To me I wouldn't be so upset about the team if the coaches were doing the one thing they were good at: recruiting. The fact that they can't coach or recruit means it is time for a change IMO. Let's get a good coach in here and build a solid team that is good at some kind of offense and can do the basics and then worry about getting world class athletes

Yeah, often you see a team hang in for maybe a quarter before imploding. We imploded in the first 2 minutes. I would have kicked Tony Jones ass all the way back to Boulder after that fumble. I mean, the ONE thing, well not the "one thing", that you could not let happen is to let them score and THEN fumble the ensuing kickoff right back to them. I mean.....

The fumble was bad, Donte Abron standing there like an idiot and getting the way of ToJo being able to recover it really ticked me off. Either Jones or Abron should have recovered it but instead Abron prevented Jones from getting on top of it.

Yeah, I know. After the Hawkins debacle I will be sliced, diced and ground up. But I think he gets one more year and deserves support rather than the constant bashing he is getting. This revelation came to me as I drove home and listened to Chad Brown on the radio. Chad is a very smart and astute guy. His take is, "Believe it or not, the team is getting better." He watches reams of game tape and is seeing game to game improvement by young guys.

Face it, Embree will be here another year. Might as well try to keep it positive. At least see how he finishes the season. Slice, dice and grind away. :lol:

yeah and the Goodship Lollipop with its cargo of fairydust has left space dock!!!!!!!!!!

Well, ASU was down about the same in the 2nd quarter as CU and they were at home last week.....

Given the special teams mistakes, it looked to me like a normal Oregon week. They are not playing to win, they are playing to blow out and impress. We got their best.

Still say we will show some backbone the last few weeks. If we don't, I'm all in on firing J. Embree in November.

BTW, the defense and ST's remain horrible.

If Embree fired Brown, who would he hire? He'd have to hire from within and at this point, aren't they all poison including Cabral? I don't see how he could go find a good DC, and then have that DC keep guys who that DC doesn't know. Nope. Unless it is Hankewitz, it's not happening.

Last edited:
Hate to say it but coach Embree has lost my support. I'd sure get canned if I performed this poorly on the job after two years. I don't hate the guy or his staff but this can't go on. This team isn't even competitive in games.

Well, ASU was down about the same in the 2nd quarter as CU and they were at home last week.....

Given the special teams mistakes, it looked to me like a normal Oregon week. They are not playing to win, they are playing to blow out and impress. We got their best.

Still say we will show some backbone the last few weeks. If we don't, I'm all in on firing J. Embree in November.

BTW, the defense and ST's remain horrible.

If Embree fired Brown, who would he hire? He'd have to hire from within and at this point, aren't they all poison including Cabral? I don't see how he could go find a good DC, and then have that DC keep guys who that DC doesn't know. Nope. Unless it is Hankewitz, it's not happening.

The only thing about Cabral is that the team seemed to WANT to play for him, when he served as the interim coach back in 2010. Maybe he is a better motivator than Brown, et al.

And maybe it is just time for Cabral to pick up and move on. He has been an incredible ambassador for CU football his entire life. I hope that he is able to get on with another big time BCS program and show everyone that he still has something left in his tank.

My point is that with were we were when they finally fired Hawkins it is unreasonable to expect that we wouldn't be getting blown out by schools like Oregon. What bothers me is that we are getting beaten and even blown out by schools we should never lose to and by the way we are losing to the schools we should.

It's really time to stop blaming Hawkins for the mess we're in now.

Iagree, but I also remember what that egotistical flaming jackass said on his way out: ""I set the table for whoever comes behind me". What an ass.....

I bought two season tickets so that I could do something with my kids. Today, my youngest, who is going to CU, asked me if I was going to renew. I said "probably." He called me an idot. My kids don't want to go to the games anymore. Makes me :sad1:

I don't think this game will really get the heat up on Embree this season. It will be losing in Folsom 50-10 to Stanford/Washington and 30-10 Utah that will really get them in trouble. You can't hide from your home crowd.

Actually I blame Benson and Dr. Phil for the mess we are in. Hawkins should have been fired two years earlier, keeping him his last year cost us two full recruiting classes. That is the primary reason we have virtually no contribution from the upperclassmen on this current team.

Fact is that Embree inherited a roster that would have had trouble competing against decent FCS teams. That part is Hawkins fault as well as a team that had completely accepted losing.

From there however a lot of our problems fall squarely on the shoulders of the current staff. Losing to Hawaii last year falls directly on their coaching, arguably Cal and Wash. State last year as well. This year the three OOC losses are the same story. I don't expect the team at this point to be competing with Oregon. At the same time Sac State should be a comfortable win for this team. We should have had at least four wins last year and we should have at least 4 wins this year to this point. Wins are how football teams are measured and this team hasn't measured up, that goes to the current staff.

Oh no ya don't! He plays a very big part in the blame, pal! :smile2:

It's pretty easy to blame the guy who isn't here anymore. Hawk was terrible and had to go, but last years team was worse than Hawk's last, and this year's team is worse than ANY Hawk team. I don't miss Hawk one bit, but he's not the problem anymore.

Actually I blame Benson and Dr. Phil for the mess we are in. Hawkins should have been fired two years earlier, keeping him his last year cost us two full recruiting classes. That is the primary reason we have virtually no contribution from the upperclassmen on this current team.

Fact is that Embree inherited a roster that would have had trouble competing against decent FCS teams. That part is Hawkins fault as well as a team that had completely accepted losing.

From there however a lot of our problems fall squarely on the shoulders of the current staff. Losing to Hawaii last year falls directly on their coaching, arguably Cal and Wash. State last year as well. This year the three OOC losses are the same story. I don't expect the team at this point to be competing with Oregon. At the same time Sac State should be a comfortable win for this team. We should have had at least four wins last year and we should have at least 4 wins this year to this point. Wins are how football teams are measured and this team hasn't measured up, that goes to the current staff.

The vast majority of contributors on this team are Embree's recruits, so it's not like we're losing with a bunch of Hawk's recruits out there. Are we young? Yes, fine but so are lots of teams not giving up 55 in a quarter and a half to non-BCS teams.

I don't expect us to be competing with Oregon for wins, but I do expect us to not be giving up over half a hundred in half a game in conference. We're a BCS team aren't we? You will never convince me that there is any excuse for what we're witnessing.

The vast majority of contributors on this team are Embree's recruits, so it's not like we're losing with a bunch of Hawk's recruits out there. Are we young? Yes, fine but so are lots of teams not giving up 55 in a quarter and a half to non-BCS teams.

I don't expect us to be competing with Oregon for wins, but I do expect us to not be giving up over half a hundred in half a game in conference. We're a BCS team aren't we? You will never convince me that there is any excuse for what we're witnessing.

Absolutely not saying there is an excuse, just saying that there is plenty of blame to go around. Not all of it falls on Embree and Co but enough does that they have to take responsibility. That this team is bad is not entirely their fault. Few teams have ever won with this little senior leadership coming off this bad a prior recent history. The problem is that Embree isn't giving any indications that he is turning it around. If we were losing but getting better I could support him but we aren't getting better, we are losing more games we shouldn't as well as the ones we legitimately should be. For that Embree and staff need to be held accountable, and replaced.

This thing was burned to the ground.

Man, I wish Embree and EB were jerks or something. A lot of good people are going down. Embree and EB have great heart and, from what people say, really work the recruiting trail hard. There are missing ingredients to the formula, however. This is just killing me.

I have zero desire to put the HC replacement decision into the hands of Bohn, DiStephano and Benson.

I'll sympathize with Embree like a relative in hospice care.

The people who hired Embree own this mess more than anyone with a coaching title.

I have zero desire to put the HC replacement decision into the hands of Bohn, DiStephano and Benson.

I'll sympathize with Embree like a relative in hospice care.

The people who hired Embree own this mess more than anyone with a coaching title.
You bring up a good point about "the people who hired Embree." If what some have said that the decision was taken from Bohn and selected by a committee, then a lot of people are to blame.

Back