What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Impact Freshmen

White_Rabbit

Club Member
Club Member
So now that spring is done with and Embree has made some cuts, we see where we have some serious depth issues. Who are the incoming freshmen that might have an impact this season?

Offense: I'm going with Spruce here. We're pretty set at OL/RB so I don't see anyone making an impact there, although Alex Lewis might get some pt. Dorman might also surpass Burnette for the #3 QB job.

Defense: Juda Parker, we need DE help big time, hopefully he's ready. I'm also going with Harrington at corner. You just have to root for the kid, plus he has a very nice size speed blend combined with being a hard worker. LB depth is iffy so maybe Greer or Daigh can come in ready to go as well as helping out on special teams.

ST: Oliver obviously. I can see some of the athletic recruits making an impact in the return game, but they will really have to blow out the competition.

side note: I really wasn't excited about this class a couple of months ago, but it seems to have grown on me. I think a lot of these guys could be very good players in a couple of years. Embree and crew did a nice job given the limited time they had to work with.

I think Daigh contributes immediately. Kid just doesnt quit when he is on the field. Spruce definitely will contribute. The only RB i can see contributing this year is Creer. He would be a good change of pace back for us. I think Parker and Nembot both contribute as true freshman also.

Ill go with Daigh on D and Spruce, TJones on O. I know Jones is a similar back to Stew but he has some skills.

We need for a DL to step up and get in the rotation as well as a LB. Juda Parker seems like he can, jury still out on the LBs. They are true freshmen and it is a big step up.

Daigh, Juda, Spruce, and a CB will have to play simply out of necesity. I think a couple more will surprise... someone always does

Nembot feels like the sleeper of the bunch, but expect great things from him.

I expect big things out of him too, just not this year. I think he's too raw to give us much as a true freshman. Give him a year to sit and learn, and we could have a monster on our hands.

Agreed Slider. WR, I do think he ends up at CB and I also think he could work himself on to field as a returner as well.

Back