1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Impact of signing a basketball recruit (relative to football)

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Recruiting Central' started by Buffnik, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

When you consider the differences in scholarship numbers and the fact that the vast majority of hoopsters play as true freshmen, every time a basketball player commits it's like getting 7 football commitments.

So, in case you don't follow basketball that closely and you were wondering why the hoops guys were practically wetting themselves over the Jaron Hopkins commitment... imagine if the football team got 7 verbals from 4* prospects out of an official visit weekend. It's a similar impact for the basketball program.

2. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

In other words, :woot: you bastards, ****ing :woot:

3. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

Tad is killing it recruiting. I wish some of whatever magic he has would rub off on Embo & CO.

4. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

I got a kick out of Jaron's father's response after the Buffs lost Saturday: "Colorado is a basketball school now".

He's right.

It sure would be fun to be both.

5. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

We are a basketball school. I look forward to the basketball season. It can't get here soon enough.