1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Impact of the Pac-12 Move (New blog entry)

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by Buffnik, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Tractor, Daaah, Darian3Hagan and 7 others like this.
  2. Bienemy4life

Bienemy4life Member

holy ***K, good work man! I saw an infographic watching a NFL game where the most NFL players come by / state.

>2009 NFL regular season kickoff rosters California (205) Texas (179) Florida (176) Ohio (90) Louisiana (80) Georgia (80) Per capita wise Louisiana leads with 1 player for every 55,862 residents, followed by Mississippi's 1 player for every 67,730 residents, and South Carolina with 1 player for every 78,667 residents.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_state_has_the_most_active_players_in_the_NFL#ixzz17vagmPtX

FChairbanks likes this.
  3. FChairbanks

FChairbanks muthaka slayer Club Member

wow...awesome analysis nik, rep delivered!

it will be interesting to track our results in texas after moving to the pac 12. your findings that an extremely low percentage of texas recruits who went to the big xii signed with schools in the north is very interesting. i think there is a strong possibility that we actually pick up some more recruits from texas now that we are in the pac based on a more attractive schedule and an automatic bcs bid. all other factors seem to be the same to our previous situation in the xii to me...

4. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

Nik, you mentioned that CU hasn't signed any Texas blue chips in the last 4 years. This got me thinking...since 1993, how many Texas blue chips have come to CU? And, of all Texas recruits since '93, which players have been impact players for the Buffs, whether blue chip or not?

From Texas, I can think of Detmer, Matt Lepsis, Michael Lewis, Andre Gurode, T Wheat, Mason Crosby, Hugh Charles. Maybe it's just my own bias but I feel like we haven't done squat in Texas recruiting in a verrrry long time.

5. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

holy **** nik...

6. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

Damn Nik, that is some serious ****! :thumbsup:

7. Buffnik

Story just got picked up by Rivals with a link back to AllBuffs.

:cool:

wsp4820 and absinthe like this.
  8. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

Sweet, Congrats!

9. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

rep whore! :wink2:.

P.S. I'm gonna get you repped above those worthless jokesters Rugged and Wally if its the last thing I do!

10. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

Cormier was a TX kid. If you're going to go far back as Detmer, than there are many other players that should be added to that list. However, you're point is still right, we haven't really succeeded in recruiting TX in a long time.

Now though, the question is have we ever really succeeded in recruiting TX? Just because we pulled all-time Buffs in Williams and McGhee from TX doesn't mean that CU has always had a heavy pull from that state. Yes, we got about 3 players a year from there (prior GB's later years), but CU has always been more heavy with CA.

11. Buffnik

We've pulled in a bunch of 2* and 3* guys who have worked out (Wheatley, Crosby, Dawn, etc.), but I can't remember the last Blue Chip. The Rivals database doesn't go back before 2002, but it wouldn't surprise me if the change from the Big 8 to the Big 12 actually hurt our chances with the big dogs in Texas.

12. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

My bad...I just read Buffnik's article after my post - good job by the way. I would rep you, but I have a feeling you get enough. My comment about TX/CA recruiting was basically covered in the blog entry.

As for the TX blue chip question - Weisinger in '95, Cormier in '97, Lewis in '98 I think were all blue-chippers (jeff and cedric for sure, not sure about michael). In '01, weren't O'Neal and Foliaki big names (even if Foliaki didn't make it)?

http://colorado.scout.com/3/PastClasses.html

Buffnik likes this.
  13. Buffnik

Thanks for the link. (I'll rep you despite your miserly attitude toward building my rep stats. :wink2:)

Really great info there from Scout. Ever since that 1992 class that had Detmer and Lepsis, we haven't really killed it there. Neuheisel didn't emphasize Texas recruiting, the program dipped, the North dipped, and we haven't really hired assistant coaches who can kill it in Texas recruiting (like KU and MU have).