What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Impressed by the coaching in Game 1

Question: What would happen if CU fans fully embraced the game the way Mike Mac has?

There'd be a bunch of 35-year old football coaches?

Honestly, I'm not really sure what you're getting at with this question. "Embrace the game"? I don't know what that means in this context. As far as I'm concerned, we've all embraced the game.

There'd be a bunch of 35-year old football coaches?

Honestly, I'm not really sure what you're getting at with this question. "Embrace the game"? I don't know what that means in this context. As far as I'm concerned, we've all embraced the game.

I think he means the RMS. Coach MacIntyre calls it a 365 day a year game, and it was clearly an emotional win for him.

We sit around and bitch about it, because, you know...it sucks. Does that help?

That was the impression I got was that the 2nd TD to P rich was supposed to be a short underneath throw with P rich supposed to be pulling the safeties deep.... Connor saw the safety bite and decided to go deep. To me this says 2 things...... first of all good play call. Gives you a good chance for an underneath completion on a fairly safe play, but also gives the option to exploit D if they tried to cheat up. Second shows the staff coached connor well and he knew what he was looking for. Most importantly they enabled him to make the big play. They didn't bog him down in BS conservative plays. They used their offense which was working all day. No reverting to a running game that was struggling (Or as I call it pulling a John Fox). Great coaching and great game for the new staff

The replay from the camera behind the lammies defense clearly shows Wood looking to the center of the field. He then looks left and quickly released the pass.

This play says a lot about the coaching; not just the play call. Wood is looking for the short middle route while locating the safeties. The first option isn't good so he immediately goes to his next read. Pass to PRich, game over.

The play also shows how much his confidence has grown, and the relationship he has with his receivers. Critical point in the game and Connor has the poise to read and react correctly to what's open. I'm sure he was confident that PRich would beat his man - it looked like they had run that play a million times.

Kudos to the staff for getting these players to this level of competency this soon.

The replay from the camera behind the lammies defense clearly shows Wood looking to the center of the field. He then looks left and quickly released the pass.

This play says a lot about the coaching; not just the play call. Wood is looking for the short middle route while locating the safeties. The first option isn't good so he immediately goes to his next read. Pass to PRich, game over.

The play also shows how much his confidence has grown, and the relationship he has with his receivers. Critical point in the game and Connor has the poise to read and react correctly to what's open. I'm sure he was confident that PRich would beat his man - it looked like they had run that play a million times.

Kudos to the staff for getting these players to this level of competency this soon.

The fact that Connor has truly begun going through his reads and making the right decisions was evident. That is a testament to the coaching staffs ability to maximize his talent, and their ability to create an offense that is player friendly. With that being our base offense for the most part, I am truly excited to see what the OC can do when he mixes in some creativity/trickeration. Tough to restrain my excitement for this coaching staff. If we end up 3-0 heading into the bye week... Buffnation will be going insane.

I think he means the RMS. Coach MacIntyre calls it a 365 day a year game, and it was clearly an emotional win for him.

We sit around and bitch about it, because, you know...it sucks. Does that help?

Yes that helps. Thanks.

MM has never had to wait in a half hour line just to get into the stadium. He's never had to deal with obnoxious Argus personnel who clearly don't want the game played in Denver. While I admit that the game day experience was much improved this year, there is still a lot of work to be done before I can "embrace" it. Even with all of the improvements made, I would still prefer the game be played on campus.

Yes that helps. Thanks.

MM has never had to wait in a half hour line just to get into the stadium. He's never had to deal with obnoxious Argus personnel who clearly don't want the game played in Denver. While I admit that the game day experience was much improved this year, there is still a lot of work to be done before I can "embrace" it. Even with all of the improvements made, I would still prefer the game be played on campus.

I hate the game too. Over the past few years it has felt embarrassing and demoralizing. I do wonder though if we changed our attitude and fully took the damn thing over as fans what would happen. There is no reason why black & gold could not outnumber the green by a wide margin. Make our fans so loud and numerous that we begin to make the CSU fans that do show up feel like they are at an away game. As they have so few true fans my guess is that their numbers will drop and CU will have an extra home game. I know many CU fans. I have never met a real CSU fans (They tend to be more Bronco oriented).

If our fans show up huge and crazy we also have a massive annual event to showcase who we are to local recruits.

Last edited:
MM has never bitched about anything here at CU .What ever happens is seen as something to build on not bitch about---that would be momentous for all us buff fans to embrce

I hate the game too. I do wonder though if we changed our attitude and fully took the damn thing over as fans what would happen. There is no reason why black gold could not outnumber the green on 3x margin.

That would mean encouraging leadership to keep the stupid game in Denver. I personally thought the game this past weekend was the most exciting game between the schools since I started attending CU. If games continued on in that fashion then I would be fine with it. If the game returned to a point where we are selling out Mile High with an obvious split down the center and two teams competing for top spots in their conferences then it would be good for both schools and the state. In its current form however it needs to be either brought back to campus or killed entirely. Its no longer the great early season rivalry game that was must see television.

With as much as I did enjoy the game on Sunday, I still struggle with the idea that having it in Denver is a good idea. It's not. I can't conceive of a way that it ever will be. The animosity of CSU supporters towards CU is downright toxic. That has turned a lot of CU fans into doucherockets. This isn't like UT/OU or UGA/UF where both sides share a mutual respect for each other. We don't respect CSU, and they hate our guts. That's not a good combination.

If CU wins every year (as they should).
If CU's fans show up in droves every year (as they should).

Will CSU fans still be there?

Kansas Basketball games in Coors come to mind. They were arrogant, and showed up in droves to our basketball games. The games were no longer fun to watch. The Kansas team crushed our team, time after time. Their fans permeated Coors. After awhile a lot of our fans stopped showing up and they took over. They had a much stronger basketball fanbase and a stronger basketball team.

I see no reason looking at CU/CSU's rosters why we can't beat them by a larger margin next year. Our fan base is by far superior. Lets take over the damn game.

I used to think a round robin would work best. However, with this coach I really think we could transform the rocky mountain show down into an annual rocky mountain beat down.

I would rather play Air Force than CSU. Hell I'd rather play Wyoming than CSU. If we are going to play a non-BCS patsy, lets get some variety. At least we have Nebraska in a few years to get excited about. If Mac thinks the RMS is a fun experrience he is going to be on Cloud 9 going into that game.

I'd be ok with the game being at Folsom in the CU home years and at Mile High in the CSU home years (or on their campus if they can come up with the payout to CU that would make it work).

With 9 games on the Pac-12 schedule and unbalanced years with only 4 home games among those 9, it's damn difficult for CU to schedule a neutral site game with CSU and still get 6 games played at Folsom every season. That's my biggest issue with this series. I put a lot of value on having 6 home dates on the schedule.

If we can only get 3 non-conference games a season it is unwise to be locked into a game with any single team. I love the Pac schedule but we're going to get used to it eventually, and CSU, CAU, Fresno is not a very "entertaining" non-conference schedule.

Back